[Priest] DPS Offspec vs Holy Mainspec for Shadow Gloves.

Ok so here's what happened:

We're in VoA25, me and another priest (Both holy, no shadowpriest), we both need the sanctified healing gloves. I'm using the t9 and she's using the t10, first rank.

So we wipe at first (Yeah, I know, we suck), second try we kill him and the Shadow gloves drop. ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=51183 )

So now, I actually -need- those gloves for my -healing- spec, cause they are better than the T9 ones, and I'm not really going for the set(4) bonus. The raid leader says "MS roll", and I roll. Then I get a "WTF" from that other priest, I explain to her how I needed those gloves and that I'm going to use them for my main spec. After that, I'm called a pathetic ninja and she leaves the raid.

Was I really so wrong? I mean, if I actually needed those gloves, and she needed the for OS, doesn't that give me a priority over her since there were no shadow priests?

Please tell me what you think.

[*Cough* I made the post from the wrong account *Cough*]

Re: [Priest] DPS Offspec vs Holy Mainspec for Shadow Gloves.

If there was an SPriest in the raid you would not have rolled main, just because there wasn't one in the raid does not mean the item automatically becomes a main spec roll for you. An SPriest T10 item is ONLY main spec for an SPriest. If there is no SPriest then the roll goes to off-spec, which is what should have happened. It doesn't matter if it is an upgrade for you. It isn't a belt or boots that are simply not itemized well for your spec, it is a Tier piece of gear that is specifically designed for SPriests.

I wouldn't have rolled MS. Those have hit on them and the other priest had just as much right to them as you; both priests should have rolled imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben
    If there was an SPriest in the raid you would not have rolled main, just because there wasn't one in the raid does not mean the item automatically becomes a main spec roll for you. An SPriest T10 item is ONLY main spec for an SPriest. If there is no SPriest then the roll goes to off-spec, which is what should have happened. It doesn't matter if it is an upgrade for you. It isn't a belt or boots that are simply not itemized well for your spec, it is a Tier piece of gear that is specifically designed for SPriests.
    So what exactly do we mean when we say "main-spec"? Cause, I though, that main spec is the spec in which you are going to use the item, and if that spec, is your main-spec, then you have the right to roll for the item.

Tier items are not normal items. If in your main spec you can benefit from increased crit strike chance to SW:P, Devouring Plague and VT then by all means roll main spec for it. That also means that you are either a Shadow Priest or a very odd mixed spec dps. If you are neither of those then that particular Tier item is NOT your main spec. It is an off spec item for anyone that is not a shadow priest. The hands have hit rating for crying out loud. You are a healer. Anything with hit rating is absolutely NOT a main spec roll. I don't care what other stats it has or if it is 100 item levels higher than what you have, it is not your main spec.

Rolling need on Hit rating gloves.

Lol. If I was that priest, I'd be pissed off too. This isn't a matter of main-spec VS off-spec, it's a matter of Shadow Tier vs Not Shadow Tier. IMO, in a pug, your "Main Spec" is whatever you're there as. Seeing as you were both Holy, it was pretty much a free roll, but do you have a Shadow offset? If not, you shouldn't be rolling.

EDIT: I fail at reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

id vote you where wroung. Even though you needed for MS its still an OS just from the tier type and the hit.

but then again it really depends. I wouldnt be to overly POed

My priest currently has a bunch of +hit items for healing, actually my holydin is using the +hit sword too come to think of it. I always won those items on /greed rolls / OS rolls. It's just good manners.

I'd be pissed with you and I'd be pissed with the RLer who was clearly not paying attention - clearly you confused him with the Demon Soul.

15+ Year Old Account

main spec for tier gear in a pug is the tier gear associated with that spec, 0 questions asked.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    main spec for tier gear in a pug is the tier gear associated with that spec, 0 questions asked.
    prity much.

but lets be honest. You wont seam them again, if you do who care?

gread is ftl but meh

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Another one of these "please say I was right" threads. Seriously, these threads are very annoying. In almost all cases you will get a 50/50 vote or people will start yelling at each other, mostly at the OP.

Just for the sake of ending this thread nicely, let's have a look at those gloves:
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=51183;47983

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You gain these stats by equipping SPriest T10 Gloves over T9 Holy:

15 Int
    15 Sta
    14 Armor
    80 Crit (1.74%)
    23 Spell Power

(+72 Hit (2.2%))

You lose these stats:

59 Spi
    67 Haste (2.04%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it really worth it? You're exchanging perfectly fine itemized holy gloves for shadow gloves with stats (read: crit) that aren't worth getting as holy.

Think about it yourself.

Locked.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara