Poll: What category do you fall into?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Peoples problems with Tanking.

I voted get the job done, because i, myself like to get things done because i'm pretty strict with how much time i allow myself to play on a non raid night. And a quick random is my preference, but saying that i have in the past helped random people with there quests in ICC and have often started FoS and moved on to HoR with the same group just so they can do there quest.

Depends on my mood but i prefer to do it quick, i deffinately have not got a god complex but i've had the comfort of tackling this game from most aspects (Range, Melee, tank and Healer).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wabun
    klicked "Depends on my mood (if so explain)" so here you go:

i don't really need frost badges anymore so if i do instances most of the time i do it to have fun.
    so for me it does not matter if the instance takes long or not.
    this sometimes leads to some extremes, but it really depends on how the other players behave:
    1.) cocky players who think they are the best, want to finish the instance as fast as possible and even pull. if they annoy me i try to kill them (easy if they pull and i tell the healer not to heal) or do all the bosses if the others don't mind.
    2.) nice players. i usually ask them if they want to do a quick run or if they need extra bosses / easy achievements.

on the god-complex thing:
    is it a god-complex if i tell the healer to spec dd (if he has a 2nd spec), if i know the instance can be done without a healer (violet hold for example). no it is just blizz balancing fail releasing 3 more tiers (ilvl-ish) then they originally planed and players adapting to the situation.

is it a god complex if i let players who pull instead of me die? no it is not. it's just cocky of the other players who do stuff like this.
    Nope you have nothing near a god complex. What I meant by that like, "I am here, I am the best, I don't need you guys, You're lucky to have me" Kind of players
    Thanks Batpanic for the amazing Sig!

Get the job done.
    After beating guildy dpsers in hcs, starting to border on god complex when i pug randoms.

common courtesy
    common sense
    able to laugh at mistakes

you provide those 3 simple things when you enter the pug i`m in and we are gonna have a good time

To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Deleted

I usually dont mind helping with quests,
    usually dont mind doing extra bosses,
    usually dont mind if dps pulls aggro of of me or even pull a pack without me.
    But if they die and blame me or the healer I really can be an asshole of divine dimensions.
    And sometimes I just dont feel like tanking at all or get pissed for being asked mutliple times instead once politely.

I usually say at the beginning of a run "This will be a quick clear unless someone wants the extra boss(es)." I gear check everyone to get a sense of the group makeup, and I may ask the healer if they mind me tanking in PvP gear (~900 resil), since it'll go much faster. I never do this in H HoR, which I also never corner-pull on my warrior.

If DPS pulls in front of me, I won't just let them die, but I will tank it, and after the pull give them a warning. If they or anyone else does it again, and it leads to my death, the death of the healer, or the death of a buddy/guildmate, I will vote kick them at the first opportunity, regardless of our progression through the dungeon, and regardless of the DPS of that individual. I am much more patient with low/undergeared DPS than stupid DPS; as long as the run goes smoothly I don't much care.

When I am the tank, your life is largely in my hands, and you're perfectly welcome to get yourself killed if that's your goal. But as soon as you jeopardize the group with your antics, you're gone.

10+ Year Old Account

Depends entirely on my mood. Since the only character I tank randoms on now is the paladin (three tanks per day running randoms = too much effort and dealing with obnoxious people), I have no need for Frost for anything. I've geared up my main spec (Prot), and my offspec (Holy) up to the point where Emblem of Frost gear is either a sidegrade or a downgrade. I even get enough Primordial Saronite for my needs out of my weekly raiding.

The only reason I will be in a random dungeon is because I just don't want to wait a few days for my Primordial Saronite, and I'm close enough to taste it, or I'm running a guildy through for gear. Since they get insta-queues from me, and I can chain-pull to my heart's content, I tend to skip extra bosses out of laziness rather than pure speed. However, if someone asks politely, or even simply "not rudely" to do the extra bosses, I'm more than willing to, since being an altoholic myself I know how much people appreciate a little extra effort when you're grinding by yourself.

My standard attitude is "in, out, on with life", which means I skip optional bosses unless asked or they're in front of my face (Palehoof in H-UP, as one example). However, if asked, I will most certainly run over and take an extra boss or two down for someone who needs the emblems. However, if your request is phrased as "WTF y r u skiping boss u noob", or if at any time you use the phrase "gogogogogogo", you will be ignored, vote-kicked if possible, and probably intentionally left to die by my pocket healer if vote-kicks don't pass.

That being said, no matter how much I can or can't solo, I am just one person out of five, whatever my role may be. If I want to solo Heroics, I will, and I won't be in the dungeon queue. If I'm in a random, that means that somebody else needs something, and that I am attempting to get them something, so by all means, politely request we do extra bosses, I'm more than willing to put forth a little extra time and effort to help you out.

Of course, once again, if you're rude or say "gogogogogo", that means that I will not listen to your request, will put you on ignore, and probably find some way to get you killed. I am also more than willing to put forth a little extra time and effort to be an asshole if that is your request. On one last note, if you pull for me and were not asked to, I will bubble, and use Hand of Protection on the healer, and if you are still alive when they wear off, the healer will find themselves with a 3-minute Divine Intervention buff, and you can eat the repair bill. Keep in mind that my pocket healer is also a paladin, so we can do this to each other all bloody day.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

i only tank when im asked to by guildies that need their random its my offspec but i dont mind it occasionally and am well geared and not an idiot i.e i dont lose threat and i pull pretty fast, but since im only diong it as a favor to guildies and i dont need the badges i have no problems going for achievments or doing bosses that could be skipped im pretty laid back when i tank for guildies.

however when im on my geared boomkin running my daily i always vote to skip bosses and achievments i just want in and out as fast as possible, mainly due to the fact i just waited 20 minutes to get in, but if im outvoted im not an ass i accept it and run along and help anyway poss.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

I try to avoid tanking randoms now because DPS are too rude, selfish, and ignorant. I long for the day that blizzard creates an over 21 only server and finds a way to enforce it.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

It varies greatly =) depending on which toon i'm on.

To make a long story short:

Paladin:[Best gear] God Complex.
    Warrior:[Fresh 80] Complain a lot. Mainly about people in icc25 gear pulling aggro off me and calling me a bad tank because of it (I'm a fresh 80 ffs)
    Druid: [Alliance toon, horde player =p] Asshole, but mainly for fun!
    DK: [Crappy gear] Nice as can be! After all, I know the rep that dk tanks get. I gotta be extra nice on mine =p

Though on all my toons, i'll pick little fights with people. I never leave an instance angry though. I mainly pick fights so I'll have something interesting to do while tanking =)
    I got into a gun'drak run on my warrior not too long ago. I pulled 2 groups when the healer was switching specs (At level 79, you kinda expect people to be the spec they intend to play at 80!) i survived, through using a rotation of cooldowns. The healer then decided to bitch me out, to which I exclaimed "Mana is for pussies!" that started a whole-instance discussion in which we constantly critiqued each other's performance.
    When a dps chirpped up to say "Can we just do the instance?" (by the way, we were arguing WHILE i was pulling) we BOTH said "Shut up fag!" and it was adoreable <3

At the end of the instance, we complimented each other's performance, thanked everyone, and left =)

After all, c'mon. It's only a game, and it's only the internet.

Why ya gotta be so serious?