Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: How important is Cenarius going to be in Cataclysm?

i didnt do the quest but i went there when someone else was , and i found the spirit so i think he is not completely dead.

Well I don't see how Malfurion is completely neutral, because he's friendly with the Alliance. Cenarius is friendly as well, but Ysera is neutral however.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Malfurion is completely neutral, because he actually suggested that the night elves should ally with both the Horde and the Alliance, before Medivh "forced" them. This can be seen in a wc3 interlude half-way through the night elf campaign. Not to mention that Malfurion wasn't around when the night elves joined the Alliance, he was sleeping at that point.

Also this whole "demi-gods are dead thus they can't be ressurected", we already know that Ursoc (or Ursol not quite sure errr) was ressurected by furbolgs in Grizzly Hills, he was a demi-god, therefor they CAN be ressurected, done deal.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account

Mal as leader of alliance and thrall leader of horde

or

varian leader of alliance and garrosh leader of the horde

which sounds most painfull

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually, he care more about the world, he has proved this quite a few times, by abandoning both his people and his wife/lover/partner by entering the emerald dream for several years... he slept for 10.000 years! Just to wake up, wack Archimonde over the head, then go back to sleep again! Sounds like a terrible husband tbh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir
    Malfurion is completely neutral, because he actually suggested that the night elves should ally with both the Horde and the Alliance, before Medivh "forced" them. This can be seen in a wc3 interlude half-way through the night elf campaign. Not to mention that Malfurion wasn't around when the night elves joined the Alliance, he was sleeping at that point.

Also this whole "demi-gods are dead thus they can't be ressurected", we already know that Ursoc (or Ursol not quite sure errr) was ressurected by furbolgs in Grizzly Hills, he was a demi-god, therefor they CAN be ressurected, done deal.
    as far as I remember Malfurion was merely pondering the possibility of an alliance with them, Tyrande however rejected it because of the Horde defiling Ashenvale. and Medivh persuaded them.
    I can´t see how Malfurion can ignore Ashenvale.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar
    Good point, time will tell

I seriously doubt any real night elf hero would be especially excited about any alliance or any war. Xenophobes with a history of excluding themselves from worldly politics aren't usually big on stuff like that.

but yeah writing consistency lol
    Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    I doubt it's 'retcon' as much as it is bringing him back to life..
    It's a retcon if you like, go back and say "no he never died"

they retconned that one dwarf, I dunno, the sassy one

cenarius being resurrected doesn't fall under a retcon

resurrecting gods isn't a big deal

15+ Year Old Account

I was under the impression runetotem how be the horde version of malfurion, but I might have just materialized that myself

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    I was under the impression runetotem how be the horde version of malfurion, but I might have just materialized that myself
    Never seen or heard anything about that, and Hamuul Runetotem might be a powerful druid... but nooooooo-where near as powerful as Malfurion, so he would be a poor substitute :P

EDIT:

Just checked wowwiki, and you are ribht about runetotem assisting malfurion in hyjal

Deleted

he's a Demi god, (originally anyway), and at least he got resurrected, instead of just reappearing citing setbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arena Master Bobzor of The Horde
    Isn't he like dead?
    Technically, no. His mortal form perished, but his spirit retreated into the Emerald Dream to recover. He's able to gain a new form no problem (he's a flippin' demigod).

But because his spirit resided within the Emerald Dream, he wasn't TECHNICALLY dead.

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Cenarius#The_..._of_the_Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Isn't that Thrall? Well, both are neutral but you get my point :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Minticus
    Isn't that Thrall? Well, both are neutral but you get my point :P
    No, Thrall is busy getting captured by the alliance... on a boat. And other than that, he is busy healing the world (maybe alongside Cairne, maybe not)

Thrall heals the world (essencialy saving it) while Malfurion saves the tree (aka saving the world I suppose). Sounds like 2different people doing the exact same thing to me. And I think Thrall will mainly try to calm the elements down(?)
    And another edit: horde (Thrall) fanboys would CRY if Malfurion got to save the world yet again while Thrall just kept his ass parked in Grommash Hold (+ the Blizzard want alliance-horde war again)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    cenarius is dead.trust me i have play warcrafts 3 and frosen thrones.i see why killed him and he will not be if im wrong talking about other charakter then sorry just hehe.but the god of nightelfs cenarius is dead he is tree god like cenarions
    What. The. Fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    This is also wrong. We are HELPING Ancients to resurrect Demigods, we aren't resurrecting the Ancients themself (the big trents) :P
    Well Cenarius is both an Ancient (AKA Ancient Guardian) and a demi-god at the same time, amazingly one word can mean two different things in World of Warcraft as well as the real world.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Ancient_guardian
    The Ancient guardians were demigods, messengers and the first animals to evolve naturally (at least in Agammans case) that were given demigod strength and magic, and like demons can't truly be killed but more separated from body and moved to another plane, such as the emerald dream in Cenarius case.
    They were charged by some gods to protect nature and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar
    as far as I remember Malfurion was merely pondering the possibility of an alliance with them, Tyrande however rejected it because of the Horde defiling Ashenvale. and Medivh persuaded them.
    I can, two words: Broxigor's Sacrifice
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Deleted

Cenarius IS coming back, no question about it. There may also be the return of Malorne, no confirmation. I've never played the previous Warcraft games so this will be really cool for me.

The return of Hyjal, Cenarius, the Nightelve's power, and all that other epic stuff basically means, Deathwing's gonna be shitting himself. Major earthquakes incoming.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thealmightyf
    The return of Hyjal, Cenarius, the Nightelve's power, and all that other epic stuff
    its good yeah.but i think new caster legend is better.bliszard have saying that new legend is to casters and druid can cast if is balance so epic stuffs is good but legend stuff or dagger is better
    or mace or somethink