Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: DPS Should Not Be Able to Heal in PVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladuin
    doesn't a warrior have something like frenzy regeneration at the cost of rage?
    It requires an enrage and also has a 3 minute cd.
    You can't spell 'morgue' without 'rogue'...

Quote Originally Posted by Nalla
    DPS cannot heal, hybrids heal. Bliz has already made that distinction

I am a warrior/hybrid and cannot heal....what are you trying to say????

Quote Originally Posted by drunko

I am a warrior/hybrid and cannot heal....what are you trying to say????
    You can heal..... what are you trying to say????

10+ Year Old Account

Wow is pvp broken or what???? It seems all the classes that have the ability to dps and heal have way too much access to healing. As of now, the classes that cannot heal are put in such a big disadvantage its approaching and absolute advantage. I.E. I was on my warrior and a fighting a feral druid and we were trading shot for shot, then out of nowhere he cc's me and goes behind a pillar and heals himself to almost full???? How is this balanced???? And yes, my trinkets and everyman for himself were on cooldown....Oh, and if dps can heal, then I should have access to more of my tanking benefits.
    We are hybrids for some reason, and yes, the hybrid tax sucks. We are versatile as stated before. We have more spells in our arsenal to survive most of the pvp situations, or else we got ass-whooped by the pures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Coulda just globaled him with a brostorm...

Hard to heal when you're dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

OP is bad.

10+ Year Old Account

...so you're saying that healers should not be able to DPS?

Op, have u ever tried to duel a pally who doesnt use his heal? Its a joke srsly its hard to lose... U got healing reduce as a war and cyclone holds for 3 sec and u got lots of gapclosers... Stop whining u need to be good to be able to understand how to kill another player..,

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga
    Spellreflectable.

You can see him getting the buff, and reflect it. Hard though.
    almost impossible, a *decent* feral will see the spell reflect, cast any instant he wants, be it moonfire, ff, etc. eat the spell reflect, then cyclone.

and considering its an instant cast, theres no opportunity for an overpower proc.

and to those throwing around the sarcastic brostorm remarks, every class besides shammys/priests (not shadow) has a guaranteed escape from a bladestorm, and even those two classes have ways to drastically reduce its effectiveness.

but in all reality, you are talking about a 1v1 situation. warriors are not that amazing 1v1. you pair us with a healer though, and thats a different story.

I think the OP should have taken his post to the next level. 2v2. Dps + Healer vs Hybrid / hyrbid. Hybrid / hybrid team has total advantage due to over saturating the amount of tools they have. For example: Shadow Priest / Boomkin. Boomkins don't run oom, have hots, can peal and CC. They also have defensive maneuvers such as barkskin and nature's grasp, as well as shifting to break snares. Shadow Priests have a 1 minute god mode that restores mana, can still bounce mendings, cc, snare, mass dispel, silence, disarm, a free channeled heal (if speced for it of course, but who doesn't?) that can heal through walls.

Flame me if you want, but going against GOOD hybrid / hybrid teams is next to impossible to beat. The hardest that i've found is Enh shaman / ret paladin. Try to run that team oom without a mana burn.. They can heal all day while bursting your face in and interrupting your healer.

In BGs you can tell a good hybrid from a bad one, if they have brains to heal someone who is dying to make a fight 2v1, they are good. If they let that person die, they are clearly a moron and a free kill.

Well....i do pvp as a warrior, and it is horribly anoying that a class almost every other class/spec can be considerd a counter class. Lets be honest, the only thing warriors nowdays are any good at killing are Resto shamans/druids, Non affli locks, Holy priests (pvp holy priest lol) and other warriors.

If well played have a good chance to beat hunters and maybee rogues. (Ever since the BS disarm thingy its highly anoying, as it used to be the "Look you cant CC me for 6 seconds move" now we dont even got that.

Anything else can be considerd a perfect warrior counter class 1v1, unless you horribly outgear them and can pawn them into the ground in about a couple of hits, just because if anything lasts longer then that you are fucked, simply because you will be outlasted.

Now the problem really is not rooted in the amount we can or cant heal ourselfs for. The problem is really in how much hurt can we put out and take.

Almost everyone not playing a warrior goes, well you cant heal, but you can put on a shield and go defensive stance. Warrior's are probably the only class that gimps itself to death by going defensive. An arms warrior with a shield and a icc25 slow 1 hander, still hits like a wet paper towel. An arms warrior with shield up in defensive stance only tickles you.

That is the reason why Prot is superior to Arms 1v1. Killing healers becomes a lot harder and requires stun coordination, but anything else you finaly stand some sort of a chance against. Reasons are, that a prot specced warrior, does not gimp himself so horribly by fighting in defensive stance, and your shield actualy becomes a weapon, aswell as your 1hander performs better, allowing you to put out the Hurt, while being abile to last toe to toe with other classes.

In short, as Arms you are gimped against pretty much every other dps or tank, as they will outlast you, because they can hurt you more while going defensive as you can, and you are not hurting them enough if you go defensive.

Thus if you want to 1v1, go prot. If you have a skilled pocket healer go Arms. If you have VERY good set of PvP gear complemented by endgame PvE BiS gear and you are very skilled with your warrior stay Arms. If you have Very good PvE gear but your pvp stuff is weaker, stay prot in DPS gear.

I think the OP should have taken his post to the next level. 2v2. Dps + Healer vs Hybrid / hyrbid. Hybrid / hybrid team has total advantage due to over saturating the amount of tools they have. For example: Shadow Priest / Boomkin. Boomkins don't run oom, have hots, can peal and CC. They also have defensive maneuvers such as barkskin and nature's grasp, as well as shifting to break snares. Shadow Priests have a 1 minute god mode that restores mana, can still bounce mendings, cc, snare, mass dispel, silence, disarm, a free channeled heal (if speced for it of course, but who doesn't?) that can heal through walls.
    Besides that Boomkin+Spriest would lose from any decent healer+dps comp (You know, when you reach the level where people learn how to defend themselfs). Also Moonkins and Spriest run oom fairly easily, specially when forced to heal.

Also I have no idea what this "1 min godmode" is that spriests got, and the Channeled heal costs mana if you are a Spriest. Also the mass dispell costs alot of mana and got a relative long cast time. Using your prayer of mending forces you out of Shadowform into "gibmeform".

If you don't understand pvp or class mechanics please refrain from whining about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik
    Well....i do pvp as a warrior, and it is horribly anoying that a class almost every other class/spec can be considerd a counter class. Lets be honest, the only thing warriors nowdays are any good at killing are Resto shamans/druids, Non affli locks, Holy priests (pvp holy priest lol) and other warriors.

If well played have a good chance to beat hunters and maybee rogues. (Ever since the BS disarm thingy its highly anoying, as it used to be the "Look you cant CC me for 6 seconds move" now we dont even got that.

Anything else can be considerd a perfect warrior counter class 1v1, unless you horribly outgear them and can pawn them into the ground in about a couple of hits, just because if anything lasts longer then that you are fucked, simply because you will be outlasted.

Now the problem really is not rooted in the amount we can or cant heal ourselfs for. The problem is really in how much hurt can we put out and take.

Almost everyone not playing a warrior goes, well you cant heal, but you can put on a shield and go defensive stance. Warrior's are probably the only class that gimps itself to death by going defensive. An arms warrior with a shield and a icc25 slow 1 hander, still hits like a wet paper towel. An arms warrior with shield up in defensive stance only tickles you.

That is the reason why Prot is superior to Arms 1v1. Killing healers becomes a lot harder and requires stun coordination, but anything else you finaly stand some sort of a chance against. Reasons are, that a prot specced warrior, does not gimp himself so horribly by fighting in defensive stance, and your shield actualy becomes a weapon, aswell as your 1hander performs better, allowing you to put out the Hurt, while being abile to last toe to toe with other classes.

In short, as Arms you are gimped against pretty much every other dps or tank, as they will outlast you, because they can hurt you more while going defensive as you can, and you are not hurting them enough if you go defensive.

Thus if you want to 1v1, go prot. If you have a skilled pocket healer go Arms. If you have VERY good set of PvP gear complemented by endgame PvE BiS gear and you are very skilled with your warrior stay Arms. If you have Very good PvE gear but your pvp stuff is weaker, stay prot in DPS gear.
    wow, just wow.

you are absolutely clueless

Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy
    wow, just wow.

you are absolutely clueless
    not really. I mean, some of what was said wasnt entirely accurate, but he is somewhat on the right track. you force a warrior into defensive stance/shield you've mitigated a ton of dmg. thats why in 3s warriors get tunneled pretty hard. force a shield wall, swap to someone else, come back.

the trick is though, to know how to play while in defensive stance. most ppl throw on the SnB and just run around and do nothing. thats what seperates good warriors from bad imo.

Just a tip, fury wars can heal themselves just fine, Bloodthirst, Bloodcraze and Regeneration. And I dont have any problem fighting any class, only an abundance of them at once.

lol I am not against dps healing, i want healers to do more dps but have less HPS, that way our hp doesn't go from 10% back up to 100% in just 5 secs, and make it a little more of ooh his hp is low we got a good chance, that is really ever the case.

DPS healers don't even heal that much, its only harder on those comps that have no healers with them.

I have no clue what logic led to making this post but seriously, their heals aren't op, they sacrifice doing dps to heal anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik

This post makes me sad, very VERY sad.

Deleted

DPS shouldn't be able to cc. Healers shouldn't be able to dps. Tanks shouldn't be able to do anything but take damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz

You don't know druid pvp.... that buff has a very high uptime and not all procs are used. So if its up ~70% of the time you're telling him to spell reflect it? GG
    Wrong. it doesn't have anywhere clsoe to a high uptime. druid CP generation is not anywhere NEAR rogue's, and the buff only has a 20% per CP to trigger, so if you're not using 5 CP's its not always going to happen. And then it only lasts 8 seconds.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted

Oh, and if dps can heal, then I should have access to more of my tanking benefits.
    I heard there's something called "defensive stance". And what are those effects that regenerate your hp?

Agreed that druid spellcasting would deserve a cruel and painful PvP castration.