Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which chest is better for Discipline?

Hey, I have 95 emblems right now and I'm wondering which chest is better for disc.
    I'm pretty sure I know which one is better but I thought I should ask to be sure.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50975 (Ermine Coronation Robes)

or

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50974 (Meteor Chaser's Raiment)

Thanks.

Shielding your life since 2007 yo

Re: Which chest is better for Discipline?

Meteor Chaser's Rainment. You're wasting itemization points on the Ermine Coronation Robes' spirit value. However, if you're dual holy and disc, planning to use it for both, Ermine's not so bad.

Meteor, hands down for disc. And tbh, in the long run it's better for holy as well due to the haste, as you'll have enough regen elsewhere and the haste itemization will prove more valuable than the spirit->SP conversion.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Exactly what I thought, just had to make sure.
    Thanks alot guys :]

Shielding your life since 2007 yo

Meteor, Discipline doesn't need Spirit.

I would also take Meteor as Holy also for the Haste since it's close to the BiS for Holy which is Sanguine Silk Robes.

PS - little neat trick, Ermine Coronation Robes
    Code -> [ url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=50975][ color=purple][ b]Ermine Coronation Robes[/b][/color][/url]
    Just replace the URL and the name of the item between the [ b][/b]! Very cool code to know for threads like these.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Lazy...

Personally I just leave off the other tags. They don't add any clarity, or make it stand out much better.

15+ Year Old Account

get the shadow t10 chest
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

(Meteor Chaser's Raiment)

for holy or disc

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    get the shadow t10 chest
    Why? First you would need to spend the Emblems then you would need to get a token (not that that is particularly difficult, just saying though...).
    Stat wise, you get 0.25% more Haste and 14 more SP from Meteor Raiment in exchange for 0.35% Crit from just the Emblems.

Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Raiments vs Meteor Chaser's Raiment

Is there a mouse-over tooltip pop-up tag that can be added to links like this?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Why?
    It's BiS for Disc as there are no 277 Crit / Haste Chests. I would also add that the 264 Shadow T10 Chest and Meteor's have extremely similar stats where you're really only losing 12 SP by using the 264 Shadow.

It's probably not an immediate concern for the OP, but it's something to at least think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    It's BiS for Disc as there are no 277 Crit / Haste Chests...It's probably not an immediate concern for the OP, but it's something to at least think about.
    Assuming he has access to Heroic 25 content, then yes, I agree. So, dennisd, if you have access to Heroic tokens, the shadow chest will be a good move. Wasn't thinking that far ahead really.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    ...I would also add that the 264 Shadow T10 Chest and Meteor's have extremely similar stats where you're really only losing 12 SP by using the 264 Shadow...
    I did point out the difference in stats on the 264 stuff, but there's also an extra step to achieve those stats when going with the Sanctified, which is the token needed after the emblems. Also, the small differences in stats are in favor of the Meteor Raiment anyway. So it's (slightly) easier to get and (minutely) better than the shadow 264 T10, lol.

Unless you're doing Heroic 25 wing bosses, dennisd, hit up the Meteor Raiment. You'll have 95 more emblems sooner than you think too if you finally do get to do Heroic wing bosses in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Is there a mouse-over tooltip pop-up tag that can be added to links like this?
    Yes. Simply add a question mark between the / and "item", and it will turn into a tooltip:

Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Raiments vs Meteor Chaser's Raiment
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50974

get 277 shadow chest when its within reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

how does everybody come up that spirit is just totally wasted for disc priests?

Quote Originally Posted by alibaba
    not totally shit. just not as good as mp5 and its better for holy cause you get SP from your spirit.

Why did the shadow T10 chest come up? Yes, it's BIS, but the guy wasn't asking for BIS. He was asking for help making a decision between two chests that are immediately available to him.

@ alibaba
    You'll see disc priests act like spirit is completely worthless because all we get out of spirit is weak mana regen. If we're short on mana, we're better off picking up intellect or mp5. Therefore, opt for spirit-less gear so those itemization points can go toward more crit or haste, things that will be more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Caminar
    not totally shit. just not as good as mp5 and its better for holy cause you get SP from your spirit.
    For Disc, if you have over 1400 unbuffed Int then Spirit > mp5.

Quote Originally Posted by alibaba
    2.5% of your mana back every 12 seconds if you shield. More if you double/triple etc proc.

more int = more mana = more mana back
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Leraux
    2.5% of your mana back every 12 seconds if you shield. More if you double/triple etc proc.

more int = more mana = more mana back
    ^^

Early on you gem for Int, but once you get a fair amount from gear you just push SP, haste, crit. Spirit has no conversion to SP for us like it does for holy, and the in-combat MP5 from spirit is of little value and less than direct MP5 when it makes a difference for your gearing. Meanwhile, your ever-expanding mana pool (from gear) scales with Replenishment, HoH, Shadowfiend, & Mana Tide.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

get the shadow chest imo. you're spending 95 badges now versus 95 now and another 95 later. dont do like i did and kick myself in the butt because im still collecting badges to finish out my tier