Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Which chest is better for Discipline?

You're missing the point though. The shadow is quite inferior to Meteor Chaser's until you have a sanctified and heroic token to blow on it. Chances are (and what makes most sense when you look at the stats from Meteor), he will get his holy/disc 4 piece set upgraded with heroic tokens before he'd use a heroic token to upgrade his chest. Until he can make that shadow chest 277, Meteor is his best option, especially when you consider cost.

Trust me, it will be months before he'll get the 264 and 277 tokens for his shadow chest.

Meteor: 231 SP, 108 haste, 84 crit
    T10 264 Shadow: 217 SP, 100 haste, 100 crit

14 SP and 8 haste for 16 crit is a bad trade. The main reason to go T10 Shadow instead is if you think at some point you will have access to 277 T10 gear. If you will, then get the Shadow chest. You won't notice the difference at 264, but the Shadow chest is BiS at 277.

And don't gem Int as Disc. It was useful in T7-8, but since 232 is 'baseline' gear now you'll be able to handle content just fine with SP gemming. Keep IED until you're full 264, then drop that as well and just maximize SP. Discipline gearing is pretty straightforward.

By the time he gets his fifth heroic token, he will have more frost badges than he will know to do with, because he will be clearing ICC hardmodes regularly. At that time, he can spend the badges, and both tokens to get the shadow chest. It takes only one week to accrue the frost badges. You're also using the 264 shadow chest stats which is not an option for him right now. 95 badges will only get him the 251.

He shouldn't skip Meteor Chaser's since it's a significant upgrade that will serve him better until he can obtain a fifth conq token, which will likely be months down the road. I know I won't be getting my first one anytime soon, because our DKP system has no decay. Yay for DKP hoarders.

Upgrade order on T10 tokens as Discipline should be: Chest, Legs, Helm, Gloves, Shoulders. The T10 Shadow chest would be would not be the fifth token, it would be the first. Many people don't want to waste the frost badges on superfluous items that are very minor upgrades and would instead spend those 95 badges getting 3 Saronite.

Where are you getting the stats that you're using for comparison? The 251 shadow chest has:

109 intellect
    88 crit
    88 haste
    149 spellpower
    2 sockets

You're telling him to get that instead of Meteor Chaser's:

123 intellect
    84 crit
    108 haste
    162 spellpower
    3 sockets

Do you think people are really that broke in the game at this point that they'd rather spend the badges for 3 primordial saronites worth only about 2.5k gold than take the much better gear?

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Meteor: 231 SP, 108 haste, 84 crit
    T10 264 Shadow: 217 SP, 100 haste, 100 crit
    I know reading is hard and all...

And yes, many people care more about money with Cata coming than a very minor upgrade.

Like I said earlier "You're also using the 264 shadow chest stats which is not an option for him right now. 95 badges will only get him the 251."

If the guy has 95 badges to spend, and no tier token, tell me, how is he going to get a 264 shadow chest?

The question by the OP was quite simple. Leave me the eff alone.

Don't be so defensive. The OP's gear would be fine for everything up to and including LK. Most established raiders will have their 4pT10 and tokens are often given to off-specs so should not be hard to obtain. Taking the Shadow chest over the Meteor chasers is an investment, which was what others have been saying all along. Thinking in the short term will not help him as much as thinking long term and properly planning your gear.

No need to be aggressive. It was a simple question, but, if i had asked the question, i would not mind people pointing out other alternatives, which i might not even have thought of before, since it is kind of counterintuitive to use a shadow item as a healer. So, it is not out of the line to have somebody mentioning that this is also a possible choice. Especially since the original question has already been answered before.

Don't be so offensive. If I could put you on ignore, I would have days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    For Disc, if you have over 1400 unbuffed Int then Spirit > mp5.
    1400 unbuffed is only the break even point, and it is not guaranteed since the difference is actually less than 1 but is rounded up. The point is actually way higher than that, and is probably unobtainable.

Thanks for all of the comments guys,
    I already took Meteor and yeah my gear is pretty good, I have around 5.8k GS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    No need to be aggressive. It was a simple question, but, if i had asked the question, i would not mind people pointing out other alternatives, which i might not even have thought of before, since it is kind of counterintuitive to use a shadow item as a healer. So, it is not out of the line to have somebody mentioning that this is also a possible choice. Especially since the original question has already been answered before.
    You are right, the shadow chest didn't even corss on my mind and I didnt mind people pointing out other alternatives.
    but its unlikely I'll get anymore tokens soon to upgrade it for 264 so I better stay with Meteor

Shielding your life since 2007 yo