Thread: Quests Removed?

Quests Removed?

So i have been browsing through all the Cataclysm stuff and i have noticed that they will change many areas like Desolace, Barrens etc. So my question is the quests that are there already will they be removed, placed somewhere else, or made new. If there is a topic to this question please post link.

Thank You

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Quests Removed?

oh snap o.o gotta start on loremaster D:

THERE ARE NO QUESTS, ONLY ZUUL!
    Quote Originally Posted by coliseum
    NOTHING COEXISTS WITH DRAGONS, BIG MONSTERS ETC
    its a fucking made up fantasy game.
    gaaawwd gtfo.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

They will probably be redone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quests you can no longer complete no longer count towards your quest achievements though.

When I faction changed my Orc to Human credit for completing all the horde only quests I had done was removed. I now have 1350 quests completed even though I have the 1500 quests complete achievement. All records of the horde quests seems to just be deleted from your character record.

The same happens with seasonal quests by the way, the quests count towards your total for such achievements but a while after the event ends all record of your having completed them is deleted and your total quests complete number goes down again.

No one knows yet, way too early to say.

However, IMO they will remove / rework 70-90% of quests. Changes could be as minor as tweaking the drops / kills required or moving quest hubs around to as major as complete removals of quest chains and adding of new ones.

I'm levelling my 7th alt now ('lock, just hit 50) and tbh compared to TBC and especially wrath, the levelling design is just too off.

Too many quests involving going halfway across the world (which is around 30 minutes wasted, sometimes significantly more if you have a long run to an undiscovered place), quests too spaced out (in distance and in levels) and too many places under valued (i've only ever across all my alts done about 2 quests in desolace and very few in ferelas [sithilus and winterspring dont count as i started in TBC]

Do loremaster now if you want / can be arsed.

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rape-O-Matic
    THERE ARE NO QUESTS, ONLY ZUUL!
    If Blizzard asks you if you are a god, you, say, YES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

there was a blue saying everything will be redone - quests, "kill X mobs" locations, quest givers & completers, etc

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    there was a blue saying everything will be redone - quests, "kill X mobs" locations, quest givers & completers, etc
    I would expect this, pretty much. There will certainly be similarities, and I doubt they'll remove some of the staple quests and most fun chains --- BUT I wouldn't doubt for an instance that their quest team is literally going over every single quest and determining what to keep and what to trash. I'd probably just expect a whole new experience and be surprised when you see a quest you remember.
    Carthago delenda est.

Quote Originally Posted by 502 Bad Gateway
    If Blizzard asks you if you are a god, you, say, YES!
    Did I just win?
    Quote Originally Posted by coliseum
    NOTHING COEXISTS WITH DRAGONS, BIG MONSTERS ETC
    its a fucking made up fantasy game.
    gaaawwd gtfo.