Poll: ICC % buff a good Idea? (Read Post below for insight)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

ICC % buff a good Idea?

From my perspective the ICC buff was a pretty good idea, maybe going up to 30% would be a lil extreme but its pushing more people to being able to do it. I think it would be cool if they did a bit more of this in the future from certain instance like this one. It will still take general skill to be successful at it, but if dps, tank hp/mitigation or heals were holding you or your raid back at a certain point this breaks the ice and lets you move forward.

Of course reg has not been much a problem to me but in heroic it does puch us over that threshold of wipe or win.

It possible that it is going a lil to high for my liking because its making heroic seem like regular on release of ICC which is demeaning to the experience and sense of accomplishment.

Re: ICC % buff a good Idea?

No its just that everyone is getting geared which is making the content inevitably obsolete. After Ulduar or TotC was out for ~4 months that shit got real easy real quick too.

Buff or not, the best guilds in the world continue to use it and 30% will just help gear alts before the expansion.

Everything is relative I guess. It sure feels better than the massive nerf we saw at the end of TBC. (By that I mean: Doing it in steps of 5% rather than instantly apply the 30% nerf like in TBC)

10+ Year Old Account

yes it's a very good idea, makes clearing the shitty early bosses people have been roflestomping since week one easier and faster, make it easier to gear up the occasional alt without gimping your raid, and allows people who usually wouldn't be able to progress to do so without nerfing the bosses into stupidity.

if you don't like the buff, no one is forcing you to use it, the only change I would say is maybe instead of having it be on/off allow you to pick the level you wish to use, that way when starting off you can drop the full 30%, but then as you gear up/learn the fights you can slowly pull the buff back, until you're running unbuffed.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

yea

last expansion they nerfed all the instances dramatically to try and let everyone see the endgame stuff

now they're doing it more gradually, i like the strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, all bosses get nerfed close to new xpac anyway, this is just an easy way for blizzard to do this.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I think it came out a little too fast but its better than a sudden neutering of the instance right before the expansion

It shouldn't be active on Heroic Mode. With this system, no guild will ever turn it off to progress on Heroic.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa
    It shouldn't be active on Heroic Mode. With this system, no guild will ever turn it off to progress on Heroic.
    This.

And it was activated far too early. They should've given us a couple of extra months without the buff.

I think it's a much better idea than what happened at the end of the last expansion, where they just cut everyones health by 30%. This is gradual, so people got to experience it when it was at it's most difficult, and then as the weeks went buy and they geared up it helped them with progression, and unlike the old method, this one you can simply turn off if you want to experience the original difficulty.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The only bit, is that you can disable it,, which is rather silly.
    Perhaps it's a hidden achievement of strength.

What does it matter if its a good idea or not ? It's there and it will be, unless blizzard decides otherwise. And it wont be because there are over 100000 million threads and polls about it, its just because they have decided to do so.

However, adding a Feat of Strength for Heroic Kills without the debuff is in fact a very good idea and should be promoted, and maybe eventually become a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    What does it matter if its a good idea or not ? It's there and it will be, unless blizzard decides otherwise. And it wont be because there are over 100000 million threads and polls about it, its just because they have decided to do so.

However, adding a Feat of Strength for Heroic Kills without the debuff is in fact a very good idea and should be promoted, and maybe eventually become a reality.
    A feat of strength that is removed when the instance is progressed past.

Deleted

It's not a good idea I think. Make it either easy or hard but nothing should get easier just because you wait long enough. That goes for the emblem system too..

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBiased
    A feat of strength that is removed when the instance is progressed past.
    No, I just got my Onyxia Level 60 FoS 2 (maybe 3) weeks ago. Armory above my sig.

15+ Year Old Account

It isn't bad. It isn't great either. But I think it's needed. It's that or constant boss nerfs. However, I hope that if Blizzard plans to use this mechanic in the future (and I'm quite sure they will), they will tune it down a bit since it feels a bit like the buff is progressing to fast.

The general feeling I have about this mechanic is rather possitive.

15+ Year Old Account

In my opinion the ICC buff is good. Why shouldn't stuff you do each week become easier and easier? I know it becomes even more easier when you gear up more, but thats not the point. It also allow more people to be able to kill a certain boss.

One thing though. You can turn off the buff by talking the NPC. In my opinion you should be able to do the same thing to turn it on again. So there won't be anyone who turns it off just to annoy the raid and you have to move out and in and stuffs like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona
    This.

And it was activated far too early. They should've given us a couple of extra months without the buff.
    I disagree. My guild would probably give up if we kept wiping on LK HC for another month or two. Thats 50 wipes a week = 400 wipes in 2 months. We were getting close to the kill with 15% and with 20% we killed him within an hour, but without any buff we would hardly get that far. Only about 80 guilds killed him with 20% buff after 2 months. How many do you recon would have done it without? 5?

There is a point where hard becomes frustrating and frustrating becomes boring. Especially when LK HC fight can be very RNG based.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

I will try LK25H this monday but my opinion about that fight is that it's so overtuned that the buff is mandatory, and that's a bad joke by Blizzard. They gave us the final boss of the expansion and they actually though: "Make it so hard that's impossible to kill without that buff we are going to implement". And until i see a clean kill without buff and his weapons ilvl284 i'll keep this opinion.
    I didn't talk about the Val'kyr RNG but i'm pretty sure if one of those take your disci priest or some stunners you are pretty screwed.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

It's good for LK heroic to be balanced around the buff. Otherwise it would be completely trivialized very fast as the buff increases.

If we make the bit flawed assumption for example's sake that LK heroic was tuned around the 15% buff, then LK heroic mode tuned to 0% would already be as easy at 15% as the current version will be at 30%.