Zeramus - The Scribe's Guild

Paladin Zeramus squinted his eyes, adjusting to the forest’s dim lighting as he stood crouching behind a tree. Stealth not being a prime talent of someone of his calling, Zeramus found himself nervous with the task before him. He focused on the lone house in the clearing in front of him, it looked abandoned by all means, but he had followed the two suspects here silently. The two were suspected of being members of the Cult of the Damned, and with the black robes they donned for the trek had only validated the suspicions, along with the pendants Zeramus had spotted bearing the Cult’s symbol. It was all confirmed now, all that was left was the execution.

Zeramus touched his chest, giving himself a light blessing before he marched and feeling the warmth that rushed through him with the light’s embrace. He took his first step out into the open, his boots were light enough that he made no sound. He clutched the claymore slung to his back and moved silently over to the door of the house, approaching the door and hearing the feint sound of voices. He pressed himself against the door, closing his eyes to focus on the words.

“…think they’ll be of any use?” one voice asked.
    “I doubt it, we’ve no use for a bunch of bookworms and storytellers. We’ll keep an eye on them though, just in case.” Another voice said is an coarser voice.
    “So should I respond to this at all?” The first voice asked
    “Yes, the Cult of the Damned must keep its presence everywhere. For Ner’zhul.”

Zeramus grasped his claymore, saying a silent prayer to himself, letting the light rush through him bringing his eyes to a glow. With a loud crash he cut through the door, sending it flying everywhere in pieces. The feint glow emanating from his body gave him confidence as he charged into the room. The necromancers were shocked, jumping to their feet in an instance as their eyes widened in terror at the charging paladin. One raised his hand in desperation, it glowed green before launching a similar colored bolt at Zeramus. The spell struck, causing his own glow to fade a little and slow down a bit, but he pushed on regardless. With a swift slash he decapitated the one who had thrown the spell at him, his severed head hitting the wall before dropping to the floor. Zeramus then raised his blade above the second necromancer, the necromancer’s mouth open in sheer silent terror as the blade was brought down upon him, ending his life as well. The light faded from Zeramus as he calmed down, looking over the table they had been sitting over. His eyes rested on a scroll they had apparently been reading, he reached over and grabbed it, staring down the read it.

The Scribe’s Guild is currently recruiting new members. If you wish to share your stories or be around fellow writers like yourself, you should report to the trade district in Stormwind.

The scroll went on to include more information about the guild the cult had been planning on infiltrating, Zeramus rolled the scroll up and placed it in his pocket. “I suppose I’ll check this Scribe’s Guild out and report back.” He said, looking over the bodies once again before departing.

-------------------------------

What is this all about? Well, The Scribe's Guild is a community website that has just opened. The goal for the site is for it to be a place all creative writers come together and share their stories. It can be fanfic, a short story, or poetry, it doesn't matter.

Check us out!

http://scribesguild.wordpress.com/

Re: Zeramus - The Scribe's Guild

The Cult of the Damned would hardly be ones to cower in fear before a paladin. They are zealous, fanatical heretics who would gladly sacrifice themselves for the cause. Not whimper in fear and throw a desperate death coil type thing while they get cut down.

Re: Zeramus - The Scribe's Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Ithrius
    The Cult of the Damned would hardly be ones to cower in fear before a paladin. They are zealous, fanatical heretics who would gladly sacrifice themselves for the cause. Not whimper in fear and throw a desperate death coil type thing while they get cut down.
    This, here's some quotes from the Acolytes of Warcraft III:

"Where Shall My Blood Be Spilled?"

"My life for Ner'zhul!"

"My fate is sealed."

"Death is its own reward." (as a shade)

So pretty much.... they take death as a type of reward, as they gladly offer it for The Lich King.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!