Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

What is your strangest encounter?

I've had a few strange, unexplained or just completely random things happen to me during my time on WoW and would like to know some of these types of things that happened to other players.

-Alone in Strat and farming for the mount, I ran out the service entrance, reset and ran back in. A few moments later and before I had passed the first group of trash, I noticed that I suddenly came into combat and found that the entire instance, bosses and all, was running towards me.

-I was bored and jumping around Dalaran waiting for something to happen when I saw a dk on his deathcharger but the mount's skin was bright yellow and spotted like a cheetah.

-Yesterday I was on my lvl 62 DK trying to get my mining up while in queue for a dungeon. I accept the invite to slave pens, clear the dungeon and leave party. When my screen is done loading I find myself way up high in the air and eventually die from fall damage right where I was parked before entering the dungeon.

-Lastly, I teleported to Dalaran and found that engineers had gone crazy with smoke flares and decorated most of the city with green smoke. It was really interesting until they all got deleted.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: What is your strangest encounter?

I met an lvl8 orc while doing my explorer and i also ended up helping him doing 4 quests we also threw a mohawk grenade on each other :

First time I rolled a warlock (for an alt), my imp's name was Krakhor. I still regret deleting that character for that reason...

I erp'd with a GM where he dressed me up, swoop me off my feet and carried me off into some dark abyss.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    First time I rolled a warlock (for an alt), my imp's name was Krakhor. I still regret deleting that character for that reason...
    So awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx
    I erp'd with a GM where he sweeped me off my feet and carried me off into some dark abyss.
    Best. Ever. Which server were you on? For some reason, I find myself leaning towards Moongaurd...

My warlock's voidwalker had the name Ohnoz. Thought that was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertwig
    Best. Ever. Which server were you on? For some reason, I find myself leaning towards Moongaurd...
    This was a while back on Thorium Brotherhood. Not much of an Rp server anymore or good progression wise last i checked Forget to mention the GM also dressed me up with one of those costume buff things aswell.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I made a Human on the Moonguard server and visited Goldshire after midnight.

Never again.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

On my first perso, I took the boat from wetland to dustwallow march during a server reset.
    When I reconnect myself, I was still on the boat but it was in the middle of south shore, when I jump off it I pass through the grass and fall to my death.
    I took the res sickness and end up discover south shore.

I've met a few people I know in real life in game. We didn't know each other played and became good friends in game before realizing that we go to the same school / friend.

Quote Originally Posted by lapetes
    "I'm bad listen to me yell!"

Yoggy 0 Lights, 5%, Death knight gets MC'd. No big deal right?

WRONG

he puts mark of blood on the Rogue. oh wait the other DK got MCd too and put mark of blood on the feral druid 4 seconds latter. Yoggy now at 100% health. The only thing said on vent was. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL JUST HAPPENED!? They burst of laughter. Then crying when we remembered we almost had server first. Next attempt we got it ^_^

Remember in naxx days (Wrath naxx) and all those skin codes got messed up? everyone changed skins and belfs had Orc skin? stuff like that?

i was used to it tell the entire naxx changed to a messed up 4 year olds candy land. Giant dots where every where. Spell ability icons where on the floor. it was weird. And i was bright pink (i was undead rogue). It was fantastic

i was in dalaran and lagged out and mounted my blue wind rider my baclk drake and my mammoth...

when the lag had finished i was lfying in the air on a mammoth standing on top of a drake on top of a wind rider so i thought i would test it out so i flew up and my mounts dissapeared and i was flying with no mount... people was saying i was using fly hacks but looking at my charcter buffs i had 3 different mounts active.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

We were about to pull XT hardmode but we were in combat, we couldn't figure out why and figured it was just a bug like always happens eventually, well we pull him anyway and get to the heart and then...
    http://img100.imageshack.us/f/img100...helisandxt.jpg
    Yeah, I still don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar
    I've met a few people I know in real life in game. We didn't know each other played and became good friends in game before realizing that we go to the same school / friend.
    i met the Football captain at my school in vent once. i started laughing and said his name to him. he flipped out and i told him who i was. he DC'd

Someone happened to ask me what UI I was using. Then it struck me U and I is together yet below it is JK in your keyboard

I had been having hearthstone troubles. when I'd hearth I'd appear about a mile above the fatigue water in the frozen sea instead of in Dalaran. Usually insanely too far away to swim back to shore.

Then it seems the game decided "and now for something completely different." and when i hearthed, it ROCKETED ME (not teleported) through the sky from sholazar to dalaran, glitching through stuff and everything. flew right over dalaran ( :'() and wound up in the frozen sea on the other end of the continent. was too high to be fatigued or something, so i just kind of floated there, unable to fall back down, and apparently in motion because i couldn't re-hearth or anything.

Sat on my GM ticket about an hour, checking my map every once in a while and realized I was ORBITING NORTHREND FROM SPACE. . After making about 1 full circle and showing no signs of gravity pulling me back down, i cut the connection, logged back in to find myself in a bed in Dalaran inn, waking up in a cold sweat.

very, very scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Happened a while ago. Logged into my lowbie shaman bank toon and bam... some kinda twisted dwarf face going on. His tail was orange like that too.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

This one time, at band camp...

Oh, not that kind of encounter? Okay ><

And welcome to the world of graphics glitches