Thread: Focus

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Focus

So, me personally on the focus topic, is scared. Im not sure if its gonna be a train wreck orrrr just stay the same really just kinda have to learn the class over/

Ive heard from people that in vanilla beta it was OP. So i just want some opinions on it really if any played in Vanilla beta or have any idea on how focus will effect the class overall, and if it will be a improvement or just a overall failure

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Focus

This is expansion three. Blizzard won't fuck it up.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

yeah but its blizzard were talkin about here :P

10+ Year Old Account

So much Blizzard hating.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Pretty much this.

IMHO it sounds really odd that Aimed Shot will cost 60 focus, when you're regnerating 6(?)/s and per shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

10+ Year Old Account

Because all of our hunters in our guild got together last night to talk about cat, and someone did say Blizz took out focus because it was OP, but the regain of it seems like we will get starved possibly

I don't think we'd get starved in PvE at all since every spec relies heavily on steady shots. To me all this change does is make haste slightly less useless. From what we have now it doesn't look like anything much will change with our shot rotation.

LAWL omg that's a good one, I like that.
    How many years has Blizz had server maintenance? Mmmm and yet they still manage to fuck that up a fair bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

Deleted

I think in long term sustained dps it will be a treat, but i think it will take away hunters abilities to get some fast nuke off. We will have to wait and see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thryri
    IMHO it sounds really odd that Aimed Shot will cost 60 focus, when you're regnerating 6(?)/s and per shot.
    I think this is odd too, I really hope that they're reducing the focus cost of Aimed Shot or make more focus regeneration per second.
    <Insert signature here>

Keep in mind we have no idea what new talents there will be. Focus back on crits for SV, reduced focus cost on shots for marksman, focus regen for BM are all high possibilities, and that's just one talent per tree. I expect focus to, yes, be quite awful if you have zero talent points, but become much more manageable and fun as you get to high levels.

10+ Year Old Account

well to be honest i fell blizz is sorta kinda over there head with these changes and will make vital flaws in the process in a lotta classes. Maybe we are next in line to be horrible dps in the wow universe =/ by just the game mechanics

10+ Year Old Account

Currently, I feel that we will easily be the worst dps after cata, for the first patch, so much so that we will probably be scrutinize for raids, but after the first patch, most hunters will have adjusted, and then we will get over buffed, and be super OP. After that, blizzard will slowly whittle away our output patch by patch, until we are in an icc like situation where on WoL, rarely are hunters on the top 10 best parses.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign
    Currently, I feel that we will easily be the worst dps after cata, for the first patch, so much so that we will probably be scrutinize for raids, but after the first patch, most hunters will have adjusted, and then we will get over buffed, and be super OP. After that, blizzard will slowly whittle away our output patch by patch, until we are in an icc like situation where on WoL, rarely are hunters on the top 10 best parses.
    Best thing about being a hunter is, if the focus nerfs our dps by a lot, we can all just respec to BM and stack stats so our pets do all the damage.

10+ Year Old Account

This is true, but then I would be bored to tears, although without arp, at least it won't be a 3 button priority, since arcane shot will be back in the mix. I have never really enjoyed BM, but hey, good dps is good dps.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn
    LAWL omg that's a good one, I like that.
    How many years has Blizz had server maintenance? Mmmm and yet they still manage to fuck that up a fair bit.
    Yes, because that has to do a lot with Class mechanics, right? Right?

Which is simpler, server maintenance or redesigning a class, hmm? Hmm?
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn
    Which is simpler, server maintenance or redesigning a class, hmm? Hmm?
    They don't spend 6 months on server maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign
    This is true, but then I would be bored to tears, although without arp, at least it won't be a 3 button priority, since arcane shot will be back in the mix. I have never really enjoyed BM, but hey, good dps is good dps.
    Well i love BM^^ and it could be cool if pet did a lot of dmg! but well blizz said that they wont do it like that since if the pet die your dps will drop too much. :-X

They don't spend 6 months on server maintenance.
    No, just 5 years and still never get it right.