Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Ugh, why is my unholy dps low?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...de&cn=Taiinted

Please just disect my character and tell me what im doing wrong!
    I can't pull more than 3.5k dps on heroics (with only my buffs and no one else's). My friend tells me i should be doing at least 4k dps in my gear.
    Please help!

Re: Ugh, why is my unholy dps low?

Bear in mind that unholy is not well suited for dps in heroics like blood or frost is due to lack of large bursty cleaves.

That being said you have a decent amount wrong with your gear.

Your meta should be 21 agility 3% crit damage OR 21 crit and 3% crit damage activated by a nightmare tear (10 stats to all that should be placed into a blue socket to get a socket bonus of some sort).

Your head enchant should be from knights of the ebon blade and it should be 50 ap 20 crit.

Tanking neck isn't good.

Your shoulder enchant should be 40 ap 15 crit (I think?) I know its from sons of hodir.

Cape enchant- 23 haste>22 agility

10 stats to all for chest enchant.

you are missing a 50 ap to bracers enchant.

gloves enchant should be 15 strength (burning crusade enchant)

you are missing the extra belt socket in your belt

legs- bad yellow gem. Never use a yellow gem unless it is hit. If you want that socket bonus use a 10 str 10 crit gem.

Feet- change that gem to a 10 str 10 crit gem. And get a new enchant either 32 ap or stam/runspeed

Your trinkets really aren't good at all for your spec. If you lose mark make sure you change your glove and foot enchant to hit ones if you still need the hit (the cap is 268) and ditch the pvp trinket and get one from normal toc 5 man.

Glyphs- You should be using glyph of the ghoul, glyph of dark death and glyph of icy touch. NOT disease.

Other than that you should be hitting 4k even with your gear as long as you use gargoyle on bosses early and keep pounding your rotation.

10+ Year Old Account

Hey dude, I'll give you my take:

1. Change your meta to the 21 agi + 3% crit one.
    2. Change all your orange and yellow gems to bold cardinal rubies. Don't bother gemming crit in the gear you have yet.
    3. Change your spec to Unholy/Reapingless with blood subspec.
    4. Put a belt buckle on your belt, with a red gem in it.
    5. Replace the purple in your chest with a nightmare tear.
    6. Start looking for replacements for the trinkets you have. I'd recommend you spend the money for a Darkmoon Card: Greatness (which you'll use most likely until the end of the expansion), and get Coren's Chromium Coaster from badges.
    7. Replace your PVP gear with proper crafted gear or gear from heroics, especially those bracers.
    8. Get your hit down to as close to 263 as you can.
    9. Get your Expertise to at least 16, but 26 is still your magic number if you can get there.
    10. Never Ever Ever cheap out and not enchant/gem your gear.

I'd say you're on track though. Keep it up and you'll be in good shape.

Work on saving enough frost badges to get your 2pT10. When that happens, switch to an Unholy/Reaping spec with sub-blood.

Once you get your 4p, doesn't matter whether or not you stay with unholy spec with reaping/sub blood or reapingless/sub frost. They're both insanely close to each other in dps.

For everything else, there's elitistjerks:

http://www.elitistjerks.com/f72

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Alright thanks guys