how low spirit for glyph of CoA > LT?

I"m certain somebody has done the math, and I'm a little lazy, so...

how much spirit do you need for glyph of LT to be better than CoA? my spirit has plummetted as my gear has gotten better, and is just around 400 now without buffs. Thanks to whoever it is that isn't as lazy as me and posts some math.

Deleted

Re: how low spirit for glyph of CoA > LT?

It's pretty much always better than CoA, even with no spirit on gear I believe.

even with no spirit on gear...O....K....

anyway. I thought I remembered 200 spirit being the magic number where LT was worth more. anybody able to confirm this?

15+ Year Old Account

Used to be. Not anymore.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseburger
    even with no spirit on gear...O....K....

anyway. I thought I remembered 200 spirit being the magic number where LT was worth more. anybody able to confirm this?
    You still have a base amount of spirit + buffs + BoK so when i say no spirit on gear i don't mean no spirit at all

Priest/fel hunter spirit buff, kings and other raid buffs I may not remember will get you past 200 anyways, but according to EJ it's better regardless.

What they said, you get enough spirit from buffs for LT glyph to always be the best glyph for all three spec's I think.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    What they said, you get enough spirit from buffs for LT glyph to always be the best glyph for all three spec's I think.
    Not as Destruction, Immolate beats it in pretty much any gear these days, especially with ISL to cut Life Taps down.

Is there any math on LT vs Corruption glyph at certain haste levels? Pending full BiS with Ruby Sanctum loot, I'm going to be haste capped or damn near and was just wondering if theres any math floating around comparing the two at very high haste levels.

maybe it's because it's so early in the morning that I"m not understanding, but what is the relevance of your haste in regards to choosing between glyph of coa and LT?

Deleted

It's LT versus corruption rather than LT versus CoA. Faster corruption ticks -> more procs etc.

Again I reckon that even with no spirit from gear you're not realistically going to ever achieve enough haste for it to out-sim LT.

Also, with really high levels of haste (above 1269) the value of instant cast Shadow bolts is diminished because you'd cap the GCD while your normal Shadow Bolts continue to hasten.

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    It's LT versus corruption rather than LT versus CoA. Faster corruption ticks -> more procs etc.

Again I reckon that even with no spirit from gear you're not realistically going to ever achieve enough haste for it to out-sim LT.

Also, with really high levels of haste (above 1269) the value of instant cast Shadow bolts is diminished because you'd cap the GCD while your normal Shadow Bolts continue to hasten.
    good point, makes sense. thanks