Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Great idea for voa

Quote Originally Posted by Datachi
    You're forgetting something that will harm your ability to organise a raid.

Lets say, as you stated, there are 7 mages in your raid. You have 15 members so far. Do you honestly think that the next 10 people will join (assuming that everyone knows that the more of class X there is, the higher the chance for that class' gear to drop) a group where they have even less chance? They're either Class Y, so the chance for their desired item to drop will be low (due to this rule enabling class X's gear to have priority in the loot table) or they'll be another class Y, in which case they'll think 'Nah, I don't wanna roll off against another 7 players for gear that only we can use.'

Perhaps next time you should think about things like this before coming up with stupid ideas.
    that is the thing though, its in the attempt that people would build a well rounded raid and stop building it for themselves. If the group is 15members 7 of them mages, and the next 10 players know they will have less chance of their gear dropping. there is a good chance that they WONT join, and thus the raid wont be able to be completed, forcing the raid leader to build a balanced raid so that people will perticipate and have an equal chance at gear

please think of things like this before you post stupid post, thinking your a genius

10+ Year Old Account

Well, i dont like the % incresed per number of mages and so on, but i would like a restriction that if for exampel, NO mages are in the raid, mage only items would not dropp...

It´s just lame that there can be loot that no one even CAN use... ok if the loot are not as good as what u got, thats fair... but loot no one can even wear is just lame

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonspawn
    Well, i dont like the % incresed per number of mages and so on, but i would like a restriction that if for exampel, NO mages are in the raid, mage only items would not dropp...

It´s just lame that there can be loot that no one even CAN use... ok if the loot are not as good as what u got, thats fair... but loot no one can even wear is just lame
    IF there are no mages, warlocks, warriors, palis, dks, shamans in raid though, it would be a by product that there is increased chance for other classes tier to drop though you see? Because it wouldnt drop tier peices of classes not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortei
    that is the thing though, its in the attempt that people would build a well rounded raid and stop building it for themselves. If the group is 15members 7 of them mages, and the next 10 players know they will have less chance of their gear dropping. there is a good chance that they WONT join, and thus the raid wont be able to be completed, forcing the raid leader to build a balanced raid so that people will perticipate and have an equal chance at gear

please think of things like this before you post stupid post, thinking your a genius
    And this will, in turn, open up a can of worms for ninjaing. As someone else posted, they'll invite 2 tanks, 5 healers and 17 other players of their class which will try and force the loot table. What happens next? Nijaing.

The only rule I would have for VoA would be 'If class A is not present in the raid, restrict that loot chance to 0%.' I've for gotten how many 10man VoAs I've been in where 2 pieces of tier gear dropped for classes that weren't even in the raid.

Dear Blizz. Please put Crumpets into the game.

well at least its better then joining a run where the raidleader (after summons) suddenly spams "ALL LOCK AND PALADIN GEAR IS RESERVED FOR PEOPLE FROM GUILD X, IF THE MOUNT DROPS, IT'S RESERVED FOR ME"

i'd rather have to roll against 7 other DK's for 1 drop then deal with people like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

To ninja gear without posting loot rules before hand to the raid is now punishable by blizzard. So why would someone do it? If the gear is just going to be taken, and your account suspended, then it doesnt make sense to do it.

And sooner or later hopefully blizzard will fix the roll system for that mount, they have already taken frozen orbs under their wing. That mount always gets ninjad or reserved. Fix it to be a Greed only item so everyone can freely roll if it drops then auto loot it, no matter what loot system its on

10+ Year Old Account

Better idea

DELETE VOA

EAT TRIX YOGURT

Seriously, vault is just the worst thing ever created.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm kind of like the RL you described. My druid friend tanks and I heal on my paladin. We invite everyone as long as they don't want Resto/Holy pvp loot. If they don't want it, they're welcome to join. Not that I've had success so far, never seen anything usefull drop there since it was released.

You're assuming that VoA is run by pro guilds. Everyday on the CS forums there are hundreds of threads about how someone ninja'd an item. Blizzard's temp bans for such actions are NOT providing the right incentive to not ninja. And nice edit on your first reply to me. Twice I've shown how your idea is a bad one.

And the mount isn't always ninja'd. Perhaps you play on crappy server with no morals?

Dear Blizz. Please put Crumpets into the game.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vortei
    IF there are no mages, warlocks, warriors, palis, dks, shamans in raid though, it would be a by product that there is increased chance for other classes tier to drop though you see? Because it wouldnt drop tier peices of classes not there.

Would still be better to bann loot that cant be used, then incresing drop % for overpopulated classes in a raid... that would just cause players, for exampel in a raid with 4 hunters, and only 1 mage, why would the mage stay? The chanse of him getting loot is much smaller....

So, the reslut would be raid with Only druids, or raids with only paladins

Well on my server they just get laughed at or ignored
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Just make your own damn raid. Then ninja the mammoth, and walk out of the instance wearing your Nobles Monocle.

Here's a solution that has never failed me: Make your own VoA Group. it's simple, and it works.

/thread

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

Quote Originally Posted by Terragh
    Just make your own damn raid. Then ninja the mammoth, and walk out of the instance wearing your Nobles Monocle.
    You mean anti-spit robe with diver-helmet
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Quote Originally Posted by deyndra
    You mean anti-spit robe with diver-helmet
    I`m sorry, I cannot hear you, for I am wearing a tuxedo.

*rides off on mammoth*