Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why is Fury better?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrizzle
    The majority of "skilled" arms warriors who believe they can match fury dps have not raided with even a half decent fury warrior.

That's your answer, cut and dried.

could not disagree with this more. i dabble with arms on occasion when i get bored. have only a minimal feel for the "rotation", have to gem hit because i can't cap and can do very close to the same dps on bosses 8k range so in my opinion arms is superior single target if you know what you're doing. your trash dps means next to nothing

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aggronought
    Fury is definitely better with his gear. If he can't see that he's an idiot.
    You're being an idiot for being so narrowminded.

Fury 10k DPS.

Arms 9k DPS = 4% of my 2 rogues damage, is 9.8k. + 4% of the 2 pala's is roughly 10.2k. Another fury Warrior pulling 12k gives my grand total: 10.680 dps.

You're the idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jektar
    Only reason for him to stay arms for 25 man is if there is no other arms or combat rogues to give the 4% physical damage debuff
    This ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by nitrizzle
    The majority of "skilled" arms warriors who believe they can match fury dps have not raided with even a half decent fury warrior.

That's your answer, cut and dried.
    This ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin
    fury is better at keeping your rage bar low where arms doesn't have much to do at full rage other then slam and wait for procs.
    Not this ^ ^

51/8/8 learn your class

Balls Deep!!

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin
    fury is better at keeping your rage bar low where arms doesn't have much to do at full rage other then slam and wait for procs.
    other way around

arms has low rage bar, and has to wait on procs. have to time heroic strike properly

as fury u have full rage bar, spamming hs 100% of time, at least I am.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gallador
    4% of the 2 pala's i
    this is very very wrong 4% extra physical damage for a palla is barely 2% extra damage done for them

Personally, I'd always pick Fury, I've played both as Arms and Fury as my OS (MS Tank) but Fury always takes the bait as far as I'm concerned.

Last night i pulled 11-12k in ICC25 (trash) with easily 8-9k on the bosses, we had an Arms Warrior in the raid as well and in all fairness as my MS is Tank he is quite a bit better geared than i was, but i was absolutely destroying him for damage done, and dps, he's quite a long time Arms player too so he knows how to play his spec and class.(Taught me first how too play Arms)

In my experience Arms is fun when your procs really get going and you don't have too worry about if you have no rage as you generally will always be above 50%, allowing you too use as many Slams as you want while waiting for Sudden Death to proc so you can spam Execute.
    But as a dps warrior, I for one would always go Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    other way around

arms has low rage bar, and has to wait on procs. have to time heroic strike properly

as fury u have full rage bar, spamming hs 100% of time, at least I am.
    and lol at the person who says its dps raid buff, ofc it is. but as fury you do more personal dps compared to arms.
    combat rogue can bring the buff AND still not lose so much dps.
    for me arms is pretty bad dps. the problem is no 3% hit talent in arms, as well as the offhand being a stat stick. if you get cryptmaker you pretty much have half you're hit cap as fury. arms needs to customize gear for the hit cap more than fury.
    furys offhand being a rage generator mostly, helps a ton, compared to arms.

You're being an idiot for being so narrowminded.

Fury 10k DPS.

Arms 9k DPS = 4% of my 2 rogues damage, is 9.8k. + 4% of the 2 pala's is roughly 10.2k. Another fury Warrior pulling 12k gives my grand total: 10.680 dps.

You're the idiot.
    No you're the idiot.
    If you even have 1 rogue the DPS Differnce between a combat rogue and a mut rogue is a lot smaller than the differnce between arms and fury and combat can be better on several fights
    so what im reading is you are acctualy reducing your raids damage by being arms and not having one of your rogues as combat according to your numbers

grats? next time dont try and bring flawed math?

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/rog/9/0/3 (lots of combat rogues in the top 20 most bosses)
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3 (i dont even see an arms warrior...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There has never really been a time in the game when you could just do whatever you wanted with your class and be equally effective. Then, as now, smart players doing a lot of homework would figure out the most optimized way to play. You can choose to follow their recommendations, try to find an even more optimized way to play, or just do your own thing because that's more enjoyable for you, knowing that you may pay the price of being less optimized.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    this is very very wrong 4% extra physical damage for a palla is barely 2% extra damage done for them
    That's why I did only 200 DPS increase per pala, took 10k their average.

10.2k - 9.8k = 400.

400/2 = 200.

200/4*100 = 5000, I don't know about your pala's but they do around 10k in my guild. Wich comes down to 2% increase instead of 4%.

Reading comprehension is hard yo.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evirx
    No you're the idiot.
    If you even have 1 rogue the DPS Differnce between a combat rogue and a mut rogue is a lot smaller than the differnce between arms and fury and combat can be better on several fights
    so what im reading is you are acctualy reducing your raids damage by being arms and not having one of your rogues as combat according to your numbers

grats? next time dont try and bring flawed math?

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/rog/9/0/3 (lots of combat rogues in the top 20 most bosses)
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3 (i dont even see an arms warrior...)

Then let's remove 1 rogue and add a fury warrior. 10.280 DPS.

Thinking outside of the box is hard yo.

Shame there isn't a school that actually learns how to use your brain isn't it?

I spec Arms because I'm the only person in guild currently for the 4% buff.

As the above math show, it'll give more rDPS then Fury. (Not even added in tank DPS, didn't calculate pets, not even DK's.)

You still are the idiot. 1 Arms warrior per raid is viable.

Edit: everyone is hardcore, have a solid raiding group where the standard people actually show up. And if that isn't the case, everyone still has their 264 geared alt for it.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Fury is undoubtedly easier to use and does more damage than Arms warrior. If recount is your primary metric, then you should only go Fury. Whirlwind and cleaving with two 2-handers will get you to the top of the meters on ICC trash. Even after you've made it to the bosses, you will out dps an Arms spec. Arms simply lags behind. However, I make myself useful by reliably applying sunders for a 20% armor reduction. In my experience few Fury warriors bother, but when raiders are already stacking ArPen it makes a significant difference. Mortal strikes gimp the bosses healing, trauma increases bleed effects, and keeping up rend activate blood frenzy for a 4% increase in damage. Pure dps classes get the credit in recount, but a smart raid sees the utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman

51/8/8 learn your class
    Funny how you use only 67 talent points

Quote Originally Posted by Aggronought
    Fury is definitely better with his gear. If he can't see that he's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull
    Fury is undoubtedly easier to use and does more damage than Arms warrior. If recount is your primary metric, then you should only go Fury. Whirlwind and cleaving with two 2-handers will get you to the top of the meters on ICC trash. Even after you've made it to the bosses, you will out dps an Arms spec. Arms simply lags behind. However, I make myself useful by reliably applying sunders for a 20% armor reduction. In my experience few Fury warriors bother, but when raiders are already stacking ArPen it makes a significant difference. Mortal strikes gimp the bosses healing, trauma increases bleed effects, and keeping up rend activate blood frenzy for a 4% increase in damage. Pure dps classes get the credit in recount, but a smart raid sees the utility.
    Stacking sunders is pretty much a standard part of a fury rotation and doesn't really affect a fury warrior's dps at all.

Losing 5 GCDs as arms initally and 1 more every 30 secs really hurts an arms warrior however.

And one could make a strong arguement these days that the difference in dps far outwieghs the utility at the top end.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Then let's remove 1 rogue and add a fury warrior. 10.280 DPS.

Thinking outside of the box is hard yo.

Shame there isn't a school that actually learns how to use your brain isn't it?

I spec Arms because I'm the only person in guild currently for the 4% buff.

As the above math show, it'll give more rDPS then Fury. (Not even added in tank DPS, didn't calculate pets, not even DK's.)

You still are the idiot. 1 Arms warrior per raid is viable.

Edit: everyone is hardcore, have a solid raiding group where the standard people actually show up. And if that isn't the case, everyone still has their 264 geared alt for it.
    um so in a 25 man raid having 0 rogues is rare and you have having a bad night

in your hypothetical situation because I used your numbers 2 rogues you took one away and added a fury warrior so you have 1 rogue 1 arms and 2 fury warriors

the outcome still does not change

and according to your Edit you should always have a rogue because you should at least have 1 alt combat rogue right....

how are you this dense? seriously?

even if your point was using my "even if you have 1 rogue" thing it still doesnt matter because there is a pretty big difference in saying "even if you have 1 rogue" and saying "you only have one rogue"

so if you are "Hardcore" as your edit suggests then your rogues are screwing your raid over by not playing combat and having you play fury

btw why are you using 10k as fury and then saying a warrior did 12k as fury in your guild are you that undergeared that there is a 2k DPS differnce in your warriors or are you just terrible at fury a 2k DPS differnce is a full teir of gear so you are in IL 245 and maybe some 258 gear?

Im thinking you are just trying to justify your bad DPS to your raid by saying "oh ill play arms you guys go mutilate" just to get a raid spot? I could be wrong and your rogues are the horrible ones that cant play combat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There has never really been a time in the game when you could just do whatever you wanted with your class and be equally effective. Then, as now, smart players doing a lot of homework would figure out the most optimized way to play. You can choose to follow their recommendations, try to find an even more optimized way to play, or just do your own thing because that's more enjoyable for you, knowing that you may pay the price of being less optimized.

^ I'm pretty sure his edit was sarcasm.

Edit: But yeah, if there is no combat Rogue in the group, it's nice to have an Arms Warrior but otherwise there is no point to bring one because the 20-25% single target difference between Arms and Fury (assuming 4% debuff on both) is real.

Bladestorm is awesome for aoe but the high cooldown doesn't make it good aoe dps and Cleave as Arms highly depend on damage taken to be effective (while Fury only need an offhand to Cleave properly, damage taken is only a bonus)
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Pretty frequent actually, 1 is on holidays for 3 weeks and 2 stopped. So no rogues atm.

in your hypothetical situation because I used your numbers 2 rogues you took one away and added a fury warrior so you have 1 rogue 1 arms and 2 fury warriors

I meant switch them both and add a Fury warrior.

and according to your Edit you should always have a rogue because you should at least have 1 alt combat rogue right....
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sarcasm+dictionary

You are dense. Not knowing anything of the 'friends' raid setup and then proclaiming he's an idiot.

even if your point was using my "even if you have 1 rogue" thing it still doesnt matter because there is a pretty big difference in saying "even if you have 1 rogue" and saying "you only have one rogue"
    I really lost you there.

so if you are "Hardcore" as your edit suggests then your rogues are screwing your raid over by not playing combat and having you play fury
    Look earlier in this post.

btw why are you using 10k as fury and then saying a warrior did 12k as fury in your guild are you that undergeared that there is a 2k DPS differnce in your warriors or are you just terrible at fury a 2k DPS differnce is a full teir of gear so you are in IL 245 and maybe some 258 gear?
    Because we actually have an awesome fury warrior in the guild who does that, and the rest kinda sticks behind.

Im thinking you are just trying to justify your bad DPS to your raid by saying "oh ill play arms you guys go mutilate" just to get a raid spot? I could be wrong and your rogues are the horrible ones that cant play combat...
    Nice ad hominem instead of replying to the discussion.

Oh really, I think you just suck so much you can't manage arms.

Always was Fury until recently, then I respecced arms for increased rDPS.

And I'm still in top 5 Damage done.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Stop nerd raging. Seriously.

This is why Fury is better:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...um/damageDone/

Thats an entire ICC-25-HC log from last night, including a kill on Lich King 25 Heroic.
    I'd like to see a log of an arms warrior doing 16.5k average over an ENTIRE raid, including breaks/trash/slacking.

Fury > Anything atm.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lantador
    Fury > Anything atm.
    arms>fury in terms of fun, but that´s just me i guess fury might be the better dps spec but boy is it boring...