Poll: What do you think the next hero class will be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Next Hero Class

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Next Hero Class

So what do you guys think the next hero class will be. Most likely the hero class will be released in the expansion after Cataclysm since Blizzard seems to be following a pattern. 2 new races, hero class, 2 new races, ?hero class?

I am personally thinking that it will either be monk or bard. I know Blizzard made the april fools joke of the bard but I think that it still may be a possibility as a buffer class. Also if you are choosing other make sure to post what your "other" is and what it would do.

Necromancer: Would be like a warlock except with undead. Ghouls, Zombies etc. I don't think this is possible anymore since Lich King is "dead". And because if you combine DK and Lock you would get this essentially. To similar.

Monk: I think it is the most likely. Blizzard already has a monk NPC (see Trial of the Champion) with a few special abilities. I think it would be interesting, there wouldn't be a need for weapons since their fists would be their "weapons". Hardest part would be to ensure scaling worked properly.

Bard: A support class. Does a little bit of healing, little bit of DPS, A LOT OF BUFFS. Such as raid wide immunity to fear, heroism effect (yes, i mean it), a lesser effect of class abilities such as all stats increase by 50 (assuming druids buff is 100). A +8% stat increase to everyone, etc. Don't know how blizzard would work it just some ideas.

Demon Hunter: As the Warcraft 3 class look it up. Would be easiest to transfer to WoW since they have the entire basis of it set out. I think this is likely I just dont think it will be next. I believe this class would be released during the expansion where we actually kill Sargeras.

Runemaster: Not even gonna go into it. Only added because Blizzard considered it. RUnemaster+Necromancer essentially = Death Knight.

Racial Specific: Try to come up with ideas for this, I think this would be a wonderful idea. Could be added in when 2 races get added for more class/race combo's. Plus it would give each race some individuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

Re: Next Hero Class

This totally hasnt' been posted 150+ times before.

Spellbreaker probably.

the next Hero class will be Demon Hunters.

Dont ask me how I know
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdj26
    Spellbreaker probably.
    Lore Wise, Spell Breaker are Blood Elf's Blood Knights. Masters of Magic stole the magic of the Light.

But doesnt mean it cant happen,,just look at Warlocks and Mages.

Same class lore wise, but differnt in game
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

My guess is the next expansion=Emerald Dream
    The next hero class(doesnt have to be involved with the expac)=Demon Hunter
    You know your addicted to WoW when your microwave goes ding and you say gratz.

Dragonsworn ?

Please, for the love of God, give me my expantion or two late Necromancer!
    For the Forsaken and Glory to the Banshee Queen!

We need a class that specializes in unarmed fistfighting (so Monks)

I'm thinking they would have a phys melee dps tree, ranged dps tree (using Chakras?? think Final Fantasy Tactics) and a healing tree
    I do not kill people...that is my least favorite thing to do! - Carl from Llamas with hats

2 - 1 - 2 doesnt equal a pattern.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

If there were to be another class added which I highly doubt, it would almost certainly be either a leather or mail wearer as there are only two a piece of those as opposed to three cloth and plate wearers, and they wouldn't add a fourth i highly doubt.

If you're talking about a class that I haven't listed please say what it does some of these sound interesting I just don't know what they do. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Leothelion
    My guess is the next expansion=Emerald Dream
    The next hero class(doesnt have to be involved with the expac)=Demon Hunter
    I agree with it being Emerald Dream. But I disagree with the doesn't have to be involved with the expac. The reason why the DK was introduced is because it directly correlated with the expansion. I think if one gets introduced it would have to be something involving the expac. How they could make something (besides Archdruid) that involved the emerald dream i dunno.
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

They had a "buffer" class. It was called Classic Paladin.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account

DK is to close to a necromancer for that to be a realistic option.

I chose demon hunter because that was the only class you posted that had anything to do with lore.

The only other option I see as a viable addition while staying within the lore is a ranger unit, it would be nice to have another physical range DPS alternative. However this may be too close to a hunter.

Also, they may add a healer class to push up healer count, like they did with DKs and tanks.

4 healers are enough.

4 tanks are enough.

10 classes are enough.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

THe demon hunter is definitely supported by lore (Illidan) but there is nothing that refutes the idea of a monk Considering all a monk is, is a person who practices religious asceticism, living either alone or with any number of monks, whilst always maintaining some degree of physical separation from those not sharing the same purpose. The concept is ancient and can be seen in many religions and in philosophy.

Considering how Monk's are around in all religions (IRL) there is no reason why there can't be monks in WoW religions. Monks would add another class to the "Holy" group.

Fighter- Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Death Knight, Druid(?), Demon Hunter(?), Monk(?)

Ranged- Hunter

Arcane- Warlock, Mage, Druid (Like 3 spells but still)

Nature- Druid, Shaman

Holy- Priest, Paladin, Monk(?)

Heck maybe Blizzard will grow a pair and add 2 hero classes (balancing nightmare).

Quote Originally Posted by trev1776
    If you're talking about a class that I haven't listed please say what it does some of these sound interesting I just don't know what they do. XD

I agree with it being Emerald Dream. But I disagree with the doesn't have to be involved with the expac. The reason why the DK was introduced is because it directly correlated with the expansion. I think if one gets introduced it would have to be something involving the expac. How they could make something (besides Archdruid) that involved the emerald dream i dunno.
    Demons are known to linger in the Dream. Just check out the leader of the Nightmare cult. A Demon Elf <like illidan>

Demon Hunters fit into this.

My concept of a Demon Hunter is a new Shape Shiting class similar to Druids, but with a more Melee Weapon/ demonic Magic theme, rather then Healer/Shifter.

Druids are more Caster then a Demon Hunter, since outside of forms, the DH is a melee fighter unlike druids
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi
    DK is to close to a necromancer for that to be a realistic option.

I chose demon hunter because that was the only class you posted that had anything to do with lore.

The only other option I see as a viable addition while staying within the lore is a ranger unit, it would be nice to have another physical range DPS alternative. However this may be too close to a hunter.

Also, they may add a healer class to push up healer count, like they did with DKs and tanks.
    Yeah! A ranger would be almost like a hunter, but with mana. Remember when huntards had mana?

Demon Hunters PLZ, iv loved them ever since i saw the lore of em and saw that NE in Azshara.

They could easily turn BT into a nice starting quest area, like how they did with EPL with Heigan and Noth and Rivendare.

Plus it would give blizz a good excuse to put the other 3 warglaive modles ingame aswell as anouther blindfold modle that is used on 20+ NPCs!!!!!
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by trev1776
    Fighter- Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Death Knight, Druid(?), Demon Hunter(?), Monk(?)

Ranged- Hunter

Arcane- Warlock, Mage, Druid (Like 3 spells but still)

Nature- Druid, Shaman

Holy- Priest, Paladin, Monk(?)

Heck maybe Blizzard will grow a pair and add 2 hero classes (balancing nightmare).
    You should split into melee and ranged (or just overall 'physical'), arcane, and divine.

So...

Physical: Warrior, Rogue, Death Knight, Paladin, Shaman, Hunter, Druid

Arcane: Death Knight, Warlock, Mage, Shaman

Divine: Priest, Paladin, Druid

Monk would just be Physical/Divine, I've seen just Physical Monks and Physical/Divine Monks, would be up to the implementation.

Demon Hunter would be Physical/Arcane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.