Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: HEALERS: Ret and Fury are Honorary Tanks (heroic 5-mans)

There's a reason why I spam Chain Heal more then Healing Wave these days.

I only let people die when they are being dickheads. Pulling threat isn't always anyone's fault, and giving the tank time to get threat isn't worthwhile most of the time. May as well let the Fury Warriors pull threat from time to time on trash, and just let my healing beams top them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank
    When I decide to queue as heroic on my DK... I often get kicked because I basically tank now matter what I queue as. It's kinda annoying that people don't understand that I'm making the heroic go at least twice as fast, as opposed to watching my threat. On my resto druid... I'm usually glad when I get one of these melee DPS who end up tanking. It means that I just have to do more than press Wild Growth, in exchange for a much faster run.
    very few people seem to recognize the difference between making the heroic fast and being a nuisance

what i mean is...yes i would like to go fast. i want to get this done as much as the next guy...however if you pull i will try to save you...its my job...im a healer, i save lives. usually plate can last a while but clothies get 2-3 shotted. if you PoM+Flamestrike/ Blizzard before the tank has a chance to grab aggro...stop jumping around expecting me to heal you...i probably wont get a heal off before dead...i digress

my point is...let the tank get aggro...beat the mob down...move on...dont jump a mob before the tank has aggro, you may think your speeding things up but if you die because youre not as leet as you thought you were...then i have to waste time resing you and possibly drinking...

TLR play smart and well and things will go smoothly...though easier said than done for some

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzen
    Do what I do: let ret paladins and fury warriors who try to tank, die. That will teach them not queue as a tank only if wearing the right gear and having the right spec.
    Or you could stop being a scrub and let the ret paladin tank? If it makes the heroic go faster then why not?

10+ Year Old Account

I pull aggro as a ret paladin, but it's all good. I usually then throw Sacred Shield up and use flash heals if the healer is busy, which isn't a lot, but it helps them.

And it's not that the dps isn't watching aggro, as it was said before, 1 WW and they already are upon the tanks threat!

It's catch-22. They either wait for the tank to establish threat, and then move in, but are called slow/retarded etc. or they pull threat too much, and are called slow/retarded etc.

Lose/lose.
    You can't spell 'morgue' without 'rogue'...

Just one thing to say.. Frost Spec DPS DK.. Frost Pres.. Have fun ;D
    The all so important Mage discussion...
    "Yeah sure sounds great it should also make all our frost bolts for 30 seconds instant cast and let us fly in battlegrounds." - *MagicMert*
    "Haha!! You made drink come out my nose" - *Grondath*
    "Don't do that again! I almost spilled coke on my keyboard, lol." - *Diesta*
    "Just do it like the rest of us... dont stand in it" - *Frostphoxx*

15+ Year Old Account

I tank heroics in dps gear+shield, prot spec. No one complained so far.

Well I support the OP and their idea. When I run the random as a healer and see a super geared plate DPS I'm like awesome, fast run. If they seem to be throttling DPS for the tank's sake, I'll /w them "hey don't hold back, I'll keep ya up, I'm all for a fast run here"

Tanking on my druid it can be a fun challenge as well to try and hold aggro off a highly geared melee cleave guy.

Only time I get annoyed is people pulling random mobs and new packs while there's the pack I just pulled, plus the remnants of a previous pack still alive... totally counterproductive, does not speed things up at all.

not gonna work hard on saving them if i`m healing that run

and yeah there has been much QQ and naming/shaming as a result.
    for them to only find out that`s a sure way of not getting ANY heals at all
    its so funny when they find out they cant boss around. and quietly just start working with the rest of a group as a team.

"2 or 3 deaths later"
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

As a healer in full ICC gear i completely support this... I can understand that an under geared healer would have issue keeping up a ret pally or furry warrior, or even any spec of dps dk for that matter, but for me as long as none of the dps pull aggro, without doing something stupid... I dont care who/what the tank is as long as its not a shaman >.>

TS: I get what you mean, but I wonder if you've ever tanked or healed when DPS do that kind of stuff. I'm not saying it's terrible and oh so wrong, it's just an irritation. When I tank, I want to chain pull, and I can't do that as well when silly DPS don't watch their threat, even when I taunt. When I heal, I want the tank to be the one taking the majority of the damage so I can be lazy and not have to heal :P

So yes, it's fine if a ret/fury pulls OFF the tank, as long as it's either near death, or if they at least slow their DPS so the tank can get it back, or just DPS something else.

It's just annoying, not something to crack the shits over like some healers and tanks do. I like my runs how I like my pick up lines. Smooth.

PS: Although, if a retarded egotistical ret/fury decides to BE the tank and starts actually pulling the mobs, that's when I let them die. Generate lots of threat, but do not fuck with a tanks pull.

Rawr, rant ovar. <3

I'm a healer, and while I seldom do heroics anymore since I don't have use for Frost Emblems except to sell Primordial Saronite, I agree with the sentiment of the OP. When I do run heroics, the first thing I do when I zone in is do a quick gear check on the other players so I can have a rough idea of how the damage will be distributed. If I notice a well geared DPS, especially melee, and a relatively undergeared tank, I'm ready to heal them both.

The thing is, I'm not in the Heroic to teach tanks/dps how to play, I'm in there to get it done as quickly as possible. To this end, it usually means I run around spamming Holy Nova, but if there's a well geared DPS throwing out tons of damage, we'll clear faster if I spend a few GCDs keeping him healed rather than throwing a few more Holy Novae. At the same time, if he's going to be an idiot and not even make an attempt to let the tank do his job, well, I'm not going to take the blame for not sitting there spamming heals on him.

First, Im a holy pala.
    When I tend to do heroics, I kinda only do it with my best friend, who is a fury warrior.
    Yes we have good gear, and the reason I only do it with him, is because he can be my sexy 10k dps tank, which makes the heroics go really fast, and also puts challenge into healing it, for a change.
    I dont really like having a party full of 2k dps'ers, even though we have a 60k health tank, cos then the thing I would do is press my holy shock every once in a while, and then everyone would be healed up.
    Having my friend dps as tank, keeps my focus up, and makes the heroic fast and uptempo.

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't expect this post to be so popular

I'm glad so many agree or at least recognize the points I tried to make. My absolute favorite thing about a heroic is when WAY too much stuff is pulled (Ahn'Kahet staircase, anyone?) and the group survives solely because out of nowhere, everyone's like "OMG SUPER ACTION TEAMWORK PEW PEW PEW" and takes it all down.

With that note, thanks for the acknowledgement. I might check back on this post in a few days but I'm satisfied it's gotten the attention of a few players. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".