Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arcane Mage T10 rotation

The best rotation is rolling your face across your keyboard and hoping it hits something.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TowerTom
    Not sure where you've had this from.. If you have over 900 haste you can get all your AB's and the Arcane Missiles to benefit from your 2 part T10.

I usually have a 90%+ uptime on my 2pT10 (before any CD's and/or BL), and I'll even dig up the logs to prove it. Please don't give information out when you clearly have no clue yourself.

1179 haste -> 1.65s casts without 2t10
    with -> 1.47s
    so, this does make a 1.65s+1.47s+1.47s+1.47s+1.65s
    or, 1.65s -> 3.12s -> 4.59s ->6.06s -> 7.71s

so, casting AB,2t10procs -> 2t10 AB -> 2t10AB -> 2t10AB -> MBAM

i get cookie?
    BM proc = 1.397, 1.564 without.
    1.564 + 1.397 + 1.397 + 1.397 + 1.564
    1.564 > 2.961 > 4.358 > 5.755 > 7.319

ofc it shows quite some activity, most likely as wol also counts it just after you started casting your first AB, that doesn't mean u had the benefit of the 2t10, and as such shows it as active for 80%'ish, with cd's wol (or other sites for that matter) may track it near 95%'ish, but in reality will only be 80% either. (not having the first AB)

"Please don't give information out when you clearly have no clue yourself."

edit; forgot the moonkin aura, 3% haste. my point still stands as 3% is not enough to change such.
    i picked 1179haste as that's the haste i'm on atm, and well, as u can see it's also vastly over 900 >.>.
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni
    edit; forgot the moonkin aura, 3% haste. my point still stands as 3% is not enough to change such.
    i picked 1179haste as that's the haste i'm on atm, and well, as u can see it's also vastly over 900 >.>.
    You also failed to include Black Magic procs, but I'll let that slip.

Read my post a bit closer. I said you could get all AB's plus Mbarr to benefit from the 2pt10, providing you didn't chain cast the first AB off the end of Mbarr, but that would mean a DPS loss. The point I was making is you were giving ridiculous percentages for uptime of 2pt10;

so 4ab-MBAM are 5 casts, u have it up for 3/5 cast, so more like 60%
    And also claiming that Missile Barrage wasn't benefiting from the 2pt10.

Mbam itself does not benefit from 2t10.
    Providing you proc an Mbarr within your first 4 AB's all the time, 2pt10 will have roughly a 90% uptime (only downtime is during the Mbarr cast), however you're only using 80% of the duration (which isn't the uptime) because of the loss on the first one due to chain casting.

You really didn't have to go to such extensive "maths" to prove 4/5 casts are benefiting from 2pt10, as you "calculated". You just basically proved your original information of it being "60% uptime" wrong, making my statement of "Please don't give information out when you clearly have no clue yourself." quite a valid point.

If you know how the English language works, you'd realise that I was telling my experience of uptime, not "information" like you gave in your first post meaning trying to throw it back at me didn't quite work.

or you could like, y'know, go to voa and do this?
    Even my horse has a Celestial Steed.
    http://imgur.com/kIg56.png

EJ forum is a guideline, it's not the ultimate truth.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TowerTom
    You also failed to include Black Magic procs, but I'll let that slip.

Read my post a bit closer. I said you could get all AB's plus Mbarr to benefit from the 2pt10, providing you didn't chain cast the first AB off the end of Mbarr, but that would mean a DPS loss. The point I was making is you were giving ridiculous percentages for uptime of 2pt10;

And also claiming that Missile Barrage wasn't benefiting from the 2pt10.

Providing you proc an Mbarr within your first 4 AB's all the time, 2pt10 will have roughly a 90% uptime (only downtime is during the Mbarr cast), however you're only using 80% of the duration (which isn't the uptime) because of the loss on the first one due to chain casting.

You really didn't have to go to such extensive "maths" to prove 4/5 casts are benefiting from 2pt10, as you "calculated". You just basically proved your original information of it being "60% uptime" wrong, making my statement of "Please don't give information out when you clearly have no clue yourself." quite a valid point.

If you know how the English language works, you'd realise that I was telling my experience of uptime, not "information" like you gave in your first post meaning trying to throw it back at me didn't quite work.

did you actually read what i wrote, and if so actually understood it ...??

i wrote one with a BM proc underneath it. also claiming u can get the first AB with 2t10 is one thing, but quite simply you won't have that. nor your last AM

and you seem incompatible to comprehend there's only 3 with the 2t10 up. under IV/BL situations you can get 4/5.

-clarification; so the "uptime" is of no use. u can have the buff for either 60%, or 80%.
    whether it's up 0.1s after you started casting your first AB is irrelevant. you do not benefit from it.

Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

did you actually read what i wrote, and if so actually understood it ...??

i wrote one with a BM proc underneath it. also claiming u can get the first AB with 2t10 is one thing, but quite simply you won't have that. nor your last AM

and you seem incompatible to comprehend there's only 3 with the 2t10 up. under IV/BL situations you can get 4/5.

-clarification; so the "uptime" is of no use. u can have the buff for either 60%, or 80%.
    whether it's up 0.1s after you started casting your first AB is irrelevant. you do not benefit from it.

Nochannel macros allow your first AB to benefit. You need to be below a certain latency level to actually gain benefit. This is because nochannel macros slow you down, but so does not benefitting from 2pc. The threshhold is obviously where latency exceeds the amount of cast time that is reduced. I have 100% uptime and 100% benefit under bloodlust (provided procs dont shit on me, obviously.)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Nochannel macros allow your first AB to benefit. You need to be below a certain latency level to actually gain benefit. This is because nochannel macros slow you down, but so does not benefitting from 2pc. The threshhold is obviously where latency exceeds the amount of cast time that is reduced. I have 100% uptime and 100% benefit under bloodlust (provided procs dont shit on me, obviously.)
    u must be at or below 60ms then, which is quite a feat imo, anything higher is a dps loss. (well, need some math on it).

so yes, u can get that under BL situations, though i find the nochanneling macro more annoying than good, and quite reliant on a good internet connection.
    i tried to bother with them in the beginning but didn't have such good results here (on 80ms-150ms).
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist

u must be at or below 60ms then, which is quite a feat imo, anything higher is a dps loss. (well, need some math on it).

so yes, u can get that under BL situations, though i find the nochanneling macro more annoying than good, and quite reliant on a good internet connection.
    i tried to bother with them in the beginning but didn't have such good results here (on 80ms-150ms).
    The discussion went on in the arcane thread at EJ for a small amount of time. I believe the threshhold was around 150 or so. It's pretty easy to figure out. Proc 2pc, see how fast your spells cast, subtract that from the old cast time, tahdah, your magic latency number.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    The discussion went on in the arcane thread at EJ for a small amount of time. I believe the threshhold was around 150 or so. It's pretty easy to figure out. Proc 2pc, see how fast your spells cast, subtract that from the old cast time, tahdah, your magic latency number.
    ain't latency taxed twice?

done channeling AM / interrupting it -> sending to the server -> server sending 2t10bonus back to the client ?
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist

10+ Year Old Account

To be perfectly honest, this rotation is just common sense...