Thread: Demon Bolt Idea

Demon Bolt Idea

Hey fellow Warlocks! I was thinking about the new Demon Bolt we may get as Demonology and how it could be little more interesting then just a shadow bolt with a bit of extra damage from our demon.

I was thinking of having it so demon bolt applied a new debuff to the target that made it so the target receives 5% more damage from all pets and guardians from the raid. This would give Demo a new great raid buff (since we will share demonic pact's 10% with ele shamans come Cata) And a new debuff (30 second duration, like the 5% crit shadow bolt debuff) to keep up if Demon bolt happens to do less damage then Shadow Bolt. Also, could perhaps have a Soul Burn for it making it a 10% damage from pets for the 30 second duration.

Thoughts/Ideas/etc?

Re: Demon Bolt Idea

i wouldn't count on new debuff category for whole raid, if i remember right they even specifically stated that it will affect only your pet, but i do hope for some nice graphic and maybe 15s cd with 20s duration on debuff + stacks to 3 times for total of 9% or something like that

Deleted

That would be nice, although I don't see how a demonic bolt could affect the damage of ghouls and hunter pets etc.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skals
    That would be nice, although I don't see how a demonic bolt could affect the damage of ghouls and hunter pets etc.
    Basically Sanctified Retribution aura - for pets.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Cool idea but I don't get why "ALL" pets and guardians should get bonus damage since it's a demonic powered bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKenny
    Cool idea but I don't get why "ALL" pets and guardians should get bonus damage since it's a demonic powered bolt.
    Locks lore wise also have power to control Undead.

Just look at WC2 Death Knights and Kiljeaden
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Well, I'd say it's not a good idea to make it a permanent buff unless they also give this to the other pet classes, however making it a cooldown somewhat similar to shattering throw is a good idea.

btw what happen to the Demon Bolt spell. dont see it listed anymore
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?