life tap rank 1> rank 2

i got bored and started lvling a lock, i get life tap rank 1 and later i get rank 2 and notice rank 2 takes less hp and gives less mana. why the hell is a rank 2 less than rank 1? ???

atm at my lvl 19 lock rank 1 takes 106 hp and gives 38 mana.
    rank 2 takes 105 hp and gives 36 mana.

is this as intended or a bug?

Re: life tap rank 1> rank 2

Pretty sure it scales better. Try casting a few spells and look at how much mana you realy gain

Why didn't you submit a GM ticket? It's a long shot expecting players to know if it's a bug. According to wowhead, rank 2 should give/take same as rank 1, except +6. There might be some weird scale-with-level issue.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

tbh never thought of the gm ticket :
    maybe it scales at higher lvl cos of some weird game mechanics.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

didn't they change the way life tap words / scales around a lot in wrath?
    they scaled it back and forth with spirit and spellpower, atm it scales with spellpower as preparation for cata (or just because they changed their minds again) although they gear is still designed to as if it would scale with spirit... (if i'm correct)
    my girlfriend played a ~lvl 40 warlock just recently and her life-tap tooltip said it turns 239 to 84 mana. in fact it is ~200 mana (with 70 spellpower). so still kind of broken @ low lvls.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Deleted

I've not tested it at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if lower ranks of LT behave a bit oddly after the changes. Apart from anything else, balancing the calculations around SP instead of spirit is clearly done with end-game in mind, when increasing levels of SP are reliable due to the amount found on gear. Whereas obviously at lower levels the expected amount of SP is so low this isn't really possible.

When I first levelled my lock I was completely nab, and probably had almost no SP until lvl 30 or 40. I currently have a level 41 priest with about 220 SP, and I suspect lock alts of a similar level would have comparable amounts.