A Little Help Needed

heres the deal.. ive spent alot of time working on rotations and gear.. but am still failing short on dps. running about 6.0-6.5k DPS overall in ICC. Im pretty sure something is afoot because i should be doing more..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...o&cn=Ddlreborn

now in 2 days im going to have a decision. to get the T10 chest peice knowing im going to have to downgrade either my gloves or pants to get the bonus once i restock on frost badges. or to go with the 264 badge chest. and im unsure of which on to get.

any advice would be welcome.

DDL

Re: A Little Help Needed

You absolutely have to get the 4-set bonus, so get the T10 chest, keep the legs and drop the gloves!

Deleted

Get rid of Hit rating. You're sitting on 20% hit rating just from your own character, then factor in the 3% from Misrey/Imp FF and if you have a draenei in your group thats a whopping 24% hit rating, 7% more than you need. Try getting rid of that staff for a Main hand + Offhand.

Those PvP wrists aren't too bad however Bracers of Swift death aren't really hard to craft now are they? They'll benefit you a lot more. As already mentioned, get 4 part T10 (Head, Shoulders, Chest, Hands). Wasting badges on that cloak wasn't the greatest of ideas as it's pretty bad for Arcane. Try and grab a haste one from ICC (Even 10 man).

Oh, and your gems are all over the place. Download Rawr (Google it), load your character from Armory and see what you should be gemming. Rawr is an amazing tool to find out what gems you need and to see what items are better than what you currently have, as it's made up from all the best theorycrafters in the game, tried and tested.

EDIT: Taking a 2nd look at that spec is also a shambles. What do you need 10% Spirit for as Arcane? Incanters Absorption was only ever useful when talented with 2 points in it, but since the nerf there are only really 2 boss fights in the whole of ICC that it's useful for now. Unless you're doing Heroic Mode Sindragosa and Lady Deathwhisper then it's not worth talenting into. This is what your talents should look like;

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#of0ifz0IzxGuMxedcZbhf0o
    With Magic Attunement you'll move less as you have a bigger range, meaning more time to DPS. With Frost Warding using Frost/Fire Ward now and then can give you that extra mana you need, Magic Absorption also gives mana back on a full resist (These 2 talents do an amazing Job during the transition phases, P2+4, on LK for Arcane).

Small changes can go a long way.

Amnezia

get rid of the hit trinket and get the talisman one until you got reign of dead or dfo

also your spec is outdated

student of the mind is so t9... and incasters is shit now after the nerf drop that point aswell

drop those points in magic atunement (2/2) and magic absorption (2/2)
    on your frost tree drop thos points from ice shards and get em into frostwarding (2/2)

Even though i do agree with the points made before the magic absorption talent is, like said very situational. Its not horrendously bad if he's not gettin to cindy and LK, for him to spec into Student of the mind. Spirit = Crit and if DDL aint facing the bosses, which from his armory he aint, then extra crit is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos123
    You absolutely have to get the 4-set bonus, so get the T10 chest, keep the legs and drop the gloves!
    are you nuts? downgrade the GLOVES. KEEP the LEGS

-get 30sp on your bracers. 23 doesn't cut it.
    -GEM PROPERLY. NEVER GEM PURE HASTE.
    -Get rid of shard. Get talisman. drop all that retarded hit.

the rest of your gear seems to check out. GJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos123
    Even though i do agree with the points made before the magic absorption talent is, like said very situational. Its not horrendously bad if he's not gettin to cindy and LK, for him to spec into Student of the mind. Spirit = Crit and if DDL aint facing the bosses, which from his armory he aint, then extra crit is better than nothing.
    OP has (at time of writing) 527 spirit. 10% of that (3 points in SotM) is 52.7. Molten Armor glyph gives 20% of spirit as crit rating, meaning that for those 3 valuable talent points, the OP is getting a massive, wait for it.. 10.54 crit rating. That means he's getting roughly a whopping 0.2% crit. Even if i did the math with him raid buffed (Kings, gotw spirit etc) it still doesn't make it worth going for.

Definately not worth wasting 3 talent points when they can be spent on other useful talents such as Magic Attunement, meaning less downtime running around.