Poll: Should they bring back titles specific to pvp ranks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Bring back pvp titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar
    Thank you God !!!!!!!!!
    Now there are few questions:
    Under old conditions? or Will there be certain amount of honorable kills needed for some rank?
    If that is true... the old 14 ranks i will be very very very very very pissed off and angry as blizzard for being lazy idiots.. and not spending a day to make 14 random ranks up..

even though I would love to have a title like General or High Warlord... leave those for the older guys. Those of us who were not around in Vanilla can deal with getting new titles. And when we become the "old" guys we will keep our titles and the new peeps will get a new set of names.

Quote Originally Posted by Wish You Weren't Here

75,000 - GM / High Warlord

thoughts?
    That it would be an insult for people who actualy farmed those titles back in Classic. (No i didn't, but i know how hard it was).

I agree that there should be new titles for Cata PvP, but don't mistake "hard" for "time-consuming". The old pvp titles meant grinding BG's for many hours a day 7 days a week. On top of that, a lot of people were asked to take a backseat to players in large pvp guilds.

The titles are great though. I only ever got Master Sergeant on my druid because I only PvP'ed to kill time before raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsense
    I agree that there should be new titles for Cata PvP, but don't mistake "hard" for "time-consuming". The old pvp titles meant grinding BG's for many hours a day 7 days a week. On top of that, a lot of people were asked to take a backseat to players in large pvp guilds.

The titles are great though. I only ever got Master Sergeant on my druid because I only PvP'ed to kill time before raids.
    I'm not sure you could actually get rank 14 by losing all the time though, since you were directly competing with other players on your faction, and serious pvp'ers were all in premades/pvp guilds, there was alot of competition. I just can't imagine some solo player losing their way to rank 14, even playing 24/7.

That said I picked "Other" in this poll. I really want them to add bg pvp titles in cataclysm, but being one of the aforementioned "old schoolers", I really don't want them to reinstate the old ones.

IF they brought back the old titles, I doubt we'd be able to keep ours.
    "There's something terribly pretentious about being afraid of "rape" for no specific reason. Most woman aren't half as desirable as they think themselves to be. " - Arganis

The 14 rank titles will be back? I have a reason to pvp again!

okay i was un aware of them bringing back titles for cata

main reason i brought this up was because i have (it was Knight-Captain when i was alliance, now its legionaire) from vanilla days, and as much as i love it, i love to see it in PvP BG's, gives me a better sense of either a challenge or an lol (mage in t9 w/ the undying title is lol, wrathful rogue with duelist or some pvp rank is fun times)

and i agree that it souldn't be made ez so everyone could get it, but it cant be a grind fest like battlemaster and of the [insert faction], where the person with more pvp time has a better chance at it.
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

15+ Year Old Account

I didn't remember they were bringing back the old pvp title. Yay great news hopefully the bgs will be better than now :P

I like being able to point out an old school player with the pvp titles. It would be a shame to lose them to mediocrity.

Signed, your friendly neighborhood Blood Guard.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Want PvP titles back?

Ok, but then you gotta get back Honor Decay.

And 5th times the time you have now to make 10k Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Want PvP titles back?

Ok, but then you gotta get back Honor Decay.

And 5th times the time you have now to make 10k Honor.
    hehe good times with honor decay, that sure made you bust ass to keep your pvping up to par thats for sure. Hence why I am a sergeant and not senior sergeant anymore.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)