So I think it's finally happened

Good morning,

So it seems I woke up, logged in to check/post auctions, and saw my gold amounts were curiously low. After checking my bank, that too, was missing a substantial amount of stuff. As soon as I noticed these details, I was disconnected from the game, got the inevitable "Password Changed" email from Blizzard, and when I attempted logging back in, an authenticator had been slapped on the account. Oh joy.

So I've been hacked, okay, no big deal. I sent out an email describing the situation to Blizzard's account support address, and I'm sure I just have to wait now. What I wanted to ask however, is if there's any other step I need to take to have my account restored - should I call? Give more info? Anyone answer from someone who's been hacked is welcome!

Funny thing too, is that I used to knock the authenticator. "Bah if you don't visit stupid sites you won't be hacked. No need for one." I guess it's time to use the ol' iPhone to log in though.

Thanks for your time,

mster50

10+ Year Old Account

Re: So I think it's finally happened

Before you get your account back, make sure your pc is clean of all keyloggers and other malicious software.

Aye, solid advice. Doing a full scan for things of the nature as I post this.

I don't know if you access any checking or credit card accounts from that same computer, but if you do, check those accounts as well. Our guild leader was hacked about 6 weeks ago, and they also hit two of her accounts for a substantial amount of money. Luckily for her, the banks were very good about replacing all of her lost funds very quickly.
    As I told her, you have to ask yourself how you may have gotten a keylogger installed in the first place. You certianly don't want to make the same mistake twice.
    Good luck.