Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Draenei Warlocks

Hi, I want to understand something blizzard did.
    In the upcoming expantion there were many new race class combos, but there was one option which should have been introduced but wasn't, Drenei Warlocks.
    There are two reasons this should have been done:
    1. The race did not get any other new classes and is the only race this is true for.
    2. Drenei have the perfect backround in lore for the warlock class with the whole Eredar race, which could have fit in with the drenei just like the broken shamans.
    does anybody here see my point?

Deleted

Re: Race-Class combos

I do, but now will the lore fanboys come who prob browsed for 2 days straight to find 1 reason why it shouldn't be there. Also that they worship the light is not a valid reason.

Re: Draenei Warlocks

Spacegoat warlock. Does not compute.
    Spacehobo is the coolest DK on KT(US)

Well, they wouldn't allow warlocks because they refused to follow a dark path. They wouldn't accept warlocks because the Eradar are their enemies, and the Draieni (idk how to spell) follow the Naruu and get their powers from them. They mostly would be going against what Velen said and against the Naruu. I'm not exactly good at making things make sence, but I hope you get my point. Draieni can't be warlocks.

I think a good argument could be made for rogue or druid, but Blizzard's tried to forget that Draenei (note the spelling, please) exist since BC launch.

No lore in latter half of BC
    No lore in Wrath
    No lore in Cata (so far, at least)
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account

This idea really has to stop. The draenei on the Exodar REFUSED to take advantage of the power that Sargeras offered them. They've been running from the Legion ever since. There's no way they would ever accept any kind of warlock among them. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WoW Wiki
    At the height of their society, the eredar's three most prominent leaders, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, and Velen, were approached by Sargeras, the Fallen Titan. Sargeras claimed he was impressed by the work of the eredar: he wanted to supply them with even more power and knowledge, in exchange for their loyalty. But while Kil'jaeden and Archimonde readily accepted the deal, Velen had a vision of the future that filled him with dread. He saw the dark future his people were heading towards: siding with the dark titan Sargeras and transformed into demons. Velen saw the Legion in all its terrible might and witnessed the destruction it would wreak upon all of creation. He hastened to warn Kil'jaeden and Archimonde, but they dismissed his concerns and proceeded to profess loyalty to the Destroyer of Worlds. Together, the latter transformed a majority of their people into an insidious race of warlocks and later allied themselves with the Burning Legion.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by PIErocks
    Well, they wouldn't allow warlocks because they refused to follow a dark path. They wouldn't accept warlocks because the Eradar are their enemies, and the Draieni (idk how to spell) follow the Naruu and get their powers from them. They mostly would be going against what Velen said and against the Naruu. I'm not exactly good at making things make sence, but I hope you get my point. Draieni can't be warlocks.
    Plus, the majority of their race was corrupted to be demons. That said, can you imagine how awkward it would be if you accidentally summoned a friend or family member to fight for you.

*blood-curdling screams of pain*
    "Uh... thanks... mom..."
    "You're welcome, sweety!"
    Vengeance... it is not what you take back. It is what you justly return.

'The Assassin Commoner' - Story
    Magister Adrius Frostglare - Forsaken
    AdriusFrostglare - Deviant Art Page

10+ Year Old Account

They would never become warlocks, it would make no sense..
    Why would you flee 25.000 years away from the Legion..
    Away from your fellow Warlock brothers.. just to get turned to one because that would be "good" for the Draenei race..
    Seriously.. it will not happen, there might be some exceptions ofcourse, but if you knew the lore well behind the Draenei, you would know Velen would never let something like this happen.

A suggestion from my side: Read up on Draenei Lore on www.wowwiki.com
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

draenei are descendants of demons, probably mutated with an allergy for demonic energy
    when getting doused by big amounts of fel/shadow damage they turn into broken
    draenei can be given demonic power by the legion but then they're not a member of draeneis anymoe but members of the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra
    but Blizzard's tried to forget that Draenei
    they are just a very uninteresting race and just work as the alliance shaman or as alts for people that want to play another blueish alliance chick and already have a night elf.

Quote Originally Posted by PIErocks
    But the shamans don't get their power from the light or the Naaru and they still live in the draenei society,
    I'm not saying that there aren't flaws here, but Ithink they could have worked around it..
    any way, if not warlock they still should have given them something new! nobody can say anything agaist that, it's just not fair that thy are the only race that dont get a new class! >

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by RAUBEZ
    they are just a very uninteresting race
    You call planet hopping for years on end trying to outrun slavering demons and your corrupted brethren uninteresting?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi
    You call planet hopping for years on end trying to outrun slavering demons and your corrupted brethren uninteresting?
    yep but then again my screen name is not based on some anime character.

Deleted

This again? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    I do, but now will the lore fanboys come who prob browsed for 2 days straight to find 1 reason why it shouldn't be there. Also that they worship the light is not a valid reason.
    Worship of the Light may not be a valid reason, but abhoring everything demonic is. It's what the Draenei culture is built around.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hotblade
    But the shamans don't get their power from the light or the Naaru and they still live in the draenei society
    Here's your explanation for shamans: http://www.wowwiki.com/Farseer_Nobundo

I'm not saying that there aren't flaws here, but Ithink they could have worked around it..
    any way, if not warlock they still should have given them sme thing new! nobody can say anything agaist that it's just not fair that thy are the only race that dont get a new class! >
    Each race has between 6 to 8 classes to choose from. The Draenei have 7.

Let's look at what they 'could' get...

Warlock
    - Already went over this one. Moving on...

Rogue
    - Waaaaaay too honorable of a race to fit the 'personality' of a rogue.
    - Also... *stealths* *clip* *clop* ...hooves are bad for stealth, mmmkay?

Druid
    - Blizzard has made this a rather exclusive class, with only two races having access to it up till now.
    - With Cataclysm, we have the trolls and worgen getting the druid, raising the count to 2 druid races per faction.
    - Trolls make sense. Their gods are all animals after all, and if I'm not mistaken, a majority, if not all, of the troll bosses
    either shapeshift, or are some kind of troll-animal hybrid.
    - Worgen make sense. They already have a natural predilection towards shapeshifting, and the night elves were the
    ones that helped the worgen regain control over themselves.

I think a good argument could be made for rogue or druid, but Blizzard's tried to forget that Draenei (note the spelling, please) exist since BC launch.

No lore in Wrath
    Remember when Velen cleansed the Sunwell for the Blood Elves? Oh wait...you didn't do SWP baddie...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

No lore in Wrath
    Have you never done Alliance quests in Borean Tundra? And uhm, Blizzard is focusing on 'important' lore stuff, and say honestly, does ANY race have lore only for them? No, it's mostly for Alliance/Horde/specific factions like Argent Crusade, not for orcs/humans only.

Plus, you say goats didn't get any lore in latter half of BC, so you haven't played when Sunwell was about to be released? For your info, if I remember correctly, NPCs from Shattered Sun Offensive were ONLY blood elves and draenei. It's more than other races got, lorewise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Rogue
    - Waaaaaay too honorable of a race to fit the 'personality' of a rogue.
    - Also... *stealths* *clip* *clop* ...hooves are bad for stealth, mmmkay?
    Dreanai<sp?> Rogues already exist.

Ashtongue in Black Temple have rogues there...Its not hard to put a piece of leather on the bottom of your hooves to silence them. Furthermore, while they may be an honorable race...Blizzard could push the need for gathering intelligence. Not all rogues are mindless assassins. See Si:7 in Stormwind which has operatives working as spies/reconnaissance gathering.

In such dire times, the Dreanai<sp?> have come to understand the necessity of certain evils. Although frowned upon for questionable acts, there is no denying the need for those who specialize in stealth to gather intelligence upon their enemies.

A way to allow rogues, over warlocks which will never happen because then they just become Eredar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

A Draenei warlock would be like a Jewish Nazi. No way they make use of the very weapon that the Legion has used to try to wipe them out.

But the shamans don't get their power from the light or the Naaru and they still live in the draenei society,
    any way, if not warlock they still should have given them something new! nobody can say anything agaist that, it's just not fair that thy are the only race that dont get a new class! >
    they may not follow light directly, or draw their powers from it, but I still believe that draenei shamans are still loyal to Light in some way, as all classes draenei can be. If you choose to wield demonic magic, you will become corrupted, and we know that draenei are not so resistant in this terms, the only thing keeping them from being man'ari eredar is their devotion and unshakeable faith in Light.

Yes, it maybe not fair for them to not having new class, but what would you choose? Warlocks are not possible for reasons said above, rogues could not work either, they're not sneaky enough and they are far too much honorable to fight in such way, the only class left is druid. I believe that with some retcon, draenei druids could be acceptable, like night elves teach them druidic arts as they see draenei have already interests in ways of nature (they already have shamans, they must have some connection to nature). I personally don't have problem with draenei getting no new class.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki
    Dreanai<sp?>
    Draenei.

Ashtongue in Black Temple have rogues there...Its not hard to put a piece of leather on the bottom of your hooves to silence them. Furthermore, while they may be an honorable race...Blizzard could push the need for gathering intelligence. Not all rogues are mindless assassins. See Si:7 in Stormwind which has operatives working as spies/reconnaissance gathering.
    I started playing near the end of BC, so I didn't do much with the Deathsworn. However...

Quote Originally Posted by WoW Wiki
    The Ashtongue tribe are a tribe of Broken draenei carefully handpicked by Akama himself, they are the most evil Broken and are used by Akama just to hide his true intentions and maintain his facade with Illidan. The Ashtongue Deathsworn are a subdivision of the tribe and their members know Akama's true intention.
    One, they're all Broken, so they aren't the Draenei players have access to. Two, note the 'most evil' part. The Ashtongue Deathsworn have no affiliations with the Draenei of the Exodar, so my comment stands.

In such dire times, the Dreanai<sp?> have come to understand the necessity of certain evils. Although frowned upon for questionable acts, there is no denying the need for those who specialize in stealth to gather intelligence upon their enemies.
    The Draenei would probably leave the intelligence gathering to SI:7, since they're part of the Alliance.