Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Draenei Warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger
    Well, then you can have an extra story thrown in that corrupts draenei with demonic energies.

Because apparently if it was forced upon then it is ok.
    Not one person (Alliance or Horde) wants to deal with the Ebon Blade. However, they realize that turning down a contingent of powerful knights in the fight against the Lich King would be silly. They don't like it, but realize the necessity. This is why there's been so much speculation about what will happen to the Knights of the Ebon Blade faction within the Cataclysm lore. There's no more Lich King to fight, so will the Alliance and Horde still tolerate them?

This 'extra story' of yours would reduce the character to a Broken, possibly breaking their mind (like all of the hostile Broken throughout the game). I highly doubt a player would like having a character that randomly starts attacking their allies (no, this would NOT be a cool mechanic, don't even think about it). If the Draenei did manage to retain their sanity, they'd either kill themselves (they've been conditioned to weed out fel energies for 25,000 years, I doubt suicide is off the list if they got corrupted), or they'd be the subject of a mercy killing by the Draenei.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

They were Eredar before they were Draenei. Draenei is their name AFTER saying no. So yes, Draenei technically are Eredar. Man'ari Eredar on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Those motherfuckers have lasers for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreman Myrkyr, Ironforge Engineering Corps.
    Thats not how warlocks work. Thats broken who are the draenei corrupted by demonic energies. Warlocks actively attempt to achieve what they do. It's not "herpdaderp I is a warlock now".
    Yeah because illidan totally didnt absorb Guldan's powers and turn demonic...

Same thing could happen to draenei

Re: Race-Class combos

Quote Originally Posted by Leraux
    orcs and trolls aren't the most nimble of races and they manage to have rogues. Stealthing in WoW is magic anyway, so they could silence their hooves with magic. If it doesn't make sense; magic did it.
    Stealthing in wow is not magic.
    If trolls arent nimble i dont know what is.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account

Illidan actively sought the Skull of Gul'dan. He wanted the demonic power. Also, he was already messing with demonic energies in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by WoW Wiki
    Demon hunters are dark, shadowy former warriors who are shunned by greater society. They made a pact, long ago, to fight against the forces of chaos using its own terrible powers against it. These mysterious warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity. They wield demonically charged warblades in battle and even call upon demonic energies to augment their formidable combat skills. Although they are counted as some of the mightiest warriors within the night elves' society, the demon hunters are always maligned and misunderstood for making their selfless pact with darkness. Though many among the night elves and the Alliance fear the demon hunters and their pact with darkness, all know that demon hunters and their demonically-charged warblades have played an important part in combating what remains of the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotblade
    2. Drenei have the perfect backround in lore for the warlock class with the whole Eredar race, which could have fit in with the drenei just like the broken shamans.
    does anybody here see my point?
    THAT is exactly why there will not be any dreanei warlocks. By making pact with demons they would become Eredar, light would turn from them and thye would be banished from their own city and race if not killed as traitors.

Why would people who spent so much time runnig from evil now embrace it or at least some of them?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Eredar

Read please. If you'll notice Eredar seemed to have fel magic way before the willingly became corrupted to gain even more power. Notice, BECAME CORRUPTED BY SARGERAS WILLINGLY. IE: KJ and Arch said "Yeah, make me more powerful o great titan", and boom, Man'ari Eredar. Not "Let's summon a voidwalker, onooooooooooes I'm turning red, wtf is this?"

I've been on the bandwagon for Draenei getting locks since the new combos were announced, and I know that for the most part the lore can't be twisted to fit it. But there is one way that would theoretically work, and that's just like the highborne rejoining night elf society, and have a group of Eredar warlocks manage to break off from Sargeras' influence and rejoin Draenei culture. With the Draenei being possibly the MOST benevolent mortal race, they would likely take them back, if not without a series of trials to prove loyalty.

Same thing could happen to draenei
    Actually same thing could NOT happen to a draenei. If you had payed attention to the quests in outland you would have learned that draenei are effectively allergic to demonic magic. Also illidan was a demon hunter before he absorbed the skull of guldan, which is basically a melee oriented warlock to begin with. Also the skulls of high ranking demons aren't exactly a dime a dozen.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

10+ Year Old Account

You know since this is the Shaman themed expansion yes it is the fur elemental lords causing havoc on this earth and the aspect of earth tries to destroy the planet or atleast tare it asunder. Id Like to see Nobundo have a role in this with more notable shaman draenei which would be stupid not to have them in the earthen ring i saw what was in nagrand damit.Wish Maraad had a biger role in wrath :-\ . back one subject Warlocks just dont fit the draenei. now if there skin was red that would be a different story since well there evil.Light Worship yada yada whatever the point is BLIZZARD doesnt think they fit and for once i hope they stand by it.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

they should have got rogues, since in WC3 they could stealth
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted

Draenai lore failed in TBC (blizz admitted it was a "train wreck"), so what more can you do after that.

They fix their ship and gtfo?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang the Noble
    You know since this is the Shaman themed expansion yes it is the fur elemental lords causing havoc on this earth and the aspect of earth tries to destroy the planet or atleast tare it asunder. Id Like to see Nobundo have a role in this with more notable shaman draenei which would be stupid not to have them in the earthen ring i saw what was in nagrand damit.Wish Maraad had a biger role in wrath :-\ . back one subject Warlocks just dont fit the draenei. now if there skin was red that would be a different story since well there evil.Light Worship yada yada whatever the point is BLIZZARD doesnt think they fit and for once i hope they stand by it. also giving Dwarfs and Trolls Warlocks was just a big middle finger to the people whom want draeneie locks or the irony so tough breack guys :-\
    Please people. Don't fill this thread full of illegible crap.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bachman
    I've been on the bandwagon for Draenei getting locks since the new combos were announced, and I know that for the most part the lore can't be twisted to fit it. But there is one way that would theoretically work, and that's just like the highborne rejoining night elf society, and have a group of Eredar warlocks manage to break off from Sargeras' influence and rejoin Draenei culture. With the Draenei being possibly the MOST benevolent mortal race, they would likely take them back, if not without a series of trials to prove loyalty.
    I knew that the Highborne would come out. The Highborne that are returning to the Night Elf society are not the same as Azshara's Highborne, and yet, they were exiled because they were arcane users.

Also, completely different scenarios. While the Highborne were exiled because an event that happened 10 thousand years ago, the Draenei have been hunted for 25 thousand years, non-stop, including a genocide organized by their warlock brothers.

It's like someone said on this thread, a Draenei Warlock would be like a Jew joining the Nazi Party.

PS: Who was leading the Legion invasion during the WotA? Not a Highborne, but an Eredar.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bachman
    Most benevolent race, sure... except with demons. The Highborne are nowhere near the societal pariahs that the Man'ari Eredar are. The Night Elves view arcane magic much the same as the Alliance and Horde viewed the Death Knights: distasteful and unwanted, but too useful to turn away.

15+ Year Old Account

Orc Warlocks make sense because despite a crazy pre-decessor destroying their planet, the orcs realize that the power they have is important in the fight against the demons. Maybe not happy that they're sticking around, but... reluctantly understanding might be the best term.

Draenei Warlocks make very little sense because they were converted to planet destroying demon lords who actively saught the destruction of life on nothing more than principle. Additionally, they lost their planet and found the Naaru, who comforted them in their time of need. I don't think the Naaru would stick around if the race accepted the Warlock vocation, and you could even argue that the absence of the light is a far greater (spiritual) loss than a Warlock could possibly provide to their race.

R.I.P. YARG

Seriously, we'll see Holy Cows and Elves that use arcane magic.
    We've seen walking , rotten boddies in our capital cities that fight for our faction (That's the Dks btw).
    If Blizzard wanted, they could introduce Draenei Warlocks, they just hate the Draenei , that's the deal.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Draenei Warlocks make very little sense because they were converted to planet destroying demon lords who actively saught the destruction of life on nothing more than principle. Additionally, they lost their planet and found the Naaru, who comforted them in their time of need. I don't think the Naaru would stick around if the race accepted the Warlock vocation, and you could even argue that the absence of the light is a far greater (spiritual) loss than a Warlock could possibly provide to their race.
    To be honest, I never thought of the possible reaction of the Naaru to the event of Draenei warlocks. I think you just put a stop to this madness. Bravo, good sir.

Asking for Draenei Warlocks is like asking for Undead Paladins or Human shamans, it just plain makes no sense.

Also, another point, the Draenei are already a splinter faction of the original eredar. Velen = original Eredar, he had the vision and fled before he was corrupted and brought believers with him.

So it goes Eredar (which were world conquering magic hungry guys to begin with and Velen is fine) -> Man'ari Eredar or Draenei. The only thing is people THINK there are no separate factions of the original Eredar, there could very well be some fel using uncorrupted Eredar floating around the cosmos. Warlock magic doesn't insta-gib an Eredar into a Man'ari.