Thread: Faction change

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...

Faction change

If i have the Acidic Bloods for The Sacred and the Corrupt quest (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24545) and i want to faction change will i loose my bloods when i change over? they don't show as quest items, but they are for the quest...i have faction changed once before and know i lose the Light's Vengeance item upon changing.

Anyone know for certain?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Re: Faction change

I do belive its only quest items...but im not 100% sure..sorry friend

10+ Year Old Account

bump...i have checked the FAQ about Faction Changes and it still leaves the question for me. I understand quest items, but i am wondering if the bloods are considered quest items or just a rare item and is safe for transfer.

When I had my 2 bloods and went from orc to tauren I got to keep the bloods. Assuming action change and race change are the same (wiping out the quest logs) I'd say it's safe to faction change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastfaith
    Just change and ticket if you lose them.
    This seems like a bad idea. A better idea would be to ticket BEFORE you make a faction change and talk to a GM about it. Screenshot the conversation with the GM and if he tells you it's safe and you won't lose them, go ahead and faction change. If you did lose them, now you have the screenshots from the GM saying you wouldn't, and you can file another ticket and show him those screenshots saying you wouldn't lose them.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oscooter
    This seems like a bad idea. A better idea would be to ticket BEFORE you make a faction change and talk to a GM about it. Screenshot the conversation with the GM and if he tells you it's safe and you won't lose them, go ahead and faction change. If you did lose them, now you have the screenshots from the GM saying you wouldn't, and you can file another ticket and show him those screenshots saying you wouldn't lose them.
    i like this idea. i have posted this on the Warcraft Forums as well, hoping for a definitive answer. Will try this if i get nothing else.

Thanks for the feedback so far. If anyone has Faction Changed while doing this quest with the bloods in your inventory and kept them or even lost them, this would be helpful info. Thanks again.

10+ Year Old Account

funny thing about this question/thread is i posted the same thing over on warcraft forums and have gotten 560ppl to view here and more helpful info or ideas here than i did on the warcraft forums. Not even a Blue response or any idea as helpful as the info here.

lol, i did get a Green post(MVP) response telling me that there are often lulls in times when players or Blues are available to post responses or that it may take time to research the question...i guess that's helpful.

The bloods are a boss drop. They drop even if nobody can use them. Meaning you are safe to X-fer with them.

In other words, yes you get to keep the bloods but you have to re-obtain Light's vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck
    If i have the Acidic Bloods for The Sacred and the Corrupt quest (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24545) and i want to faction change will i loose my bloods when i change over? they don't show as quest items, but they are for the quest...i have faction changed once before and know i lose the Light's Vengeance item upon changing.

Anyone know for certain?
    bump...one more time for anyone who hasn't seen this yet....still looking for a definite answer, have some good ideas already.