Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why Wotlk is the best version of WOW

It added alot to the game.
    What did tbc have to offer? tbc gave us arenas, 1 battleground, poor story progression in the content (unless u played warcraft 3), slightly better specs (ret,enh,booms,spriests still hated life) and the begining of the care bear alliance and horde hippy talk. The heroics were not that great, trust me i started some where between the start and middle of tbc to the point where i hate kara because i had to run it so much. If u wanted a small 10 man guild u got 2 raids!!! if u wanted to do 25 man content u had bland looking instances like ssc and tk. if u saw 1 room in mech u saw all of the eye of tempest keep.... also if u saw 1 milimeter of any of the heroics of ssc... u saw all of the cavern. hyjal was my fav because it was shorter had fun fights and didnt try to be the greatest thing ever (just like toc actually if u think about it minus trash of course). bt bored me to death on my 3ed run. i liked how sunwell lead into what we see now as wotlk in terms of story and the start of phasing. btw i thought gruul was a good guy he helped beat up deathwing

What did Wotlk give us? well its simple. heroics that at gear level offered the promised challenge. instances added periodically so ppl who started mid to late in the xpack wouldnt be screwed over. great story progression... btw i think malygos was more epic than vashj or kael even. arthas may have shown up 1 to many times but hey atleast i knew he was the guy i was supposed to kill, illawho? phasing was a great success, it has its flaws but it is great and will be in heavy use in cata! all the 5 mans are awe inspiring maybe a few that arnt like OC, but hey hos and hol were great the first 50 times. like everything else they got old fast, but thats what happens. Naxx was fun i made a new guild we never raided together before and progression naxx was full of lulz. playing saftey dance over vent for heigen was great.

ulduar was godly. malygos was fun even though phase 3 was a bit broken, i loved how os was the easiest and hardest raid at the same time. voa was a fun addition and so was wintergrasp... if ur on a balanced server listen im sorry if ur on one of the very few unbalanced servers. dalaran is better than shat... trust it is. toc should not have been its own tier but it was an enjoyable instance. iccc is also a ton of fun for those who enjoy raiding. i have never seen such enthusiasm for 1 raid before. hell its 5 mans are fantastic especially pit of saron.

lets not forget that now we are actually very balanced in terms of pvp. resilience was fixt arenas are doing fine, bgs are ready totake over as the main focus of pvp. im glad they decided to make 3s more important than 2s. isle of conquest is alot of fun.

i love the story progression so much in wotlk. i mean really the story was far to static, dynamic characters like varian and garrosh actually added to the games story line. hell even saurfang and his son got a huge amount of lore added to them beyond lol cleave cleave.

tbc was great and all and i enjoyed it but the zones in northrend imo were better than those in tbc. i liked hellfire, netherstorm, and of course nagrand. i think the only zone i dislike in northrend is zul drak because its more of a tbc zone. lack of pahsing and is just quest after quest. very little story developement and makes me ask why we are fighting these guys... just like in out land... gruul why am i killing u!!!!!

i am looking foward to cata. cata will befixing the flaws of wotlk, the same can be said from wotlk from tbc.

you can say wrath is easy, but with hard modes and the whole ur using cheats.. aka addons please dont talk. trust me tbc wasnt that hard. bosses were pretty over tuned i mean look at heroic arthas. he is not possible with out the icc buff and how many people got yogg+0 or anub heroic 25 man down? if u say the last boss isnt the only 1 that matters... then stop brining up vashj and kael thas because they were last bosses. yogg was more of a hge lore and quest progression fight then kael and vashj will ever be.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Why Wotlk is the best version of WOW

if u base an entire xpacks difficulty based on being in t9 doing pre t7 contnet u are a fool

trust me in t4 and t5 heroics were face roll in tbc

listen feel free to disagree with me

but listen i was in tbc too and listen i dont get nostalgic very easily. however te music in teldrassil kinda does it

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane

What did tbc have to offer? tbc gave us arenas, 1 battleground, poor story progression in the content (unless u played warcraft 3),
    World of Warcraft?

The heroics were not that great, trust me i started some where between the start and middle of tbc to the point where i hate kara because i had to run it so much.
    What do you mean with heroics? If you mean heroic 5-man dungeons,than you probably forgot Shattered Halls or Shadowlaby , depending on group line-up they could be really hardcore and def. harder than Halls of Refelection
    If u wanted a small 10 man guild u got 2 raids!!!
    there always have been organized (dkp-)raids where you could participate without being in any guild

What did Wotlk give us? well its simple. heroics that at gear level offered the promised challenge.
    At the start where no one knew boss tactics and was running with t6/quest items they used to be a challenge,but one month later they turned themselves into daily routine
    btw i think malygos was more epic than vashj or kael even.
    i dont know how you determine epicness,but yes encounter mechanics were more unique,but encounter difficulty and actual teamwork were way behind kael and vashj

dalaran is better than shat... trust it is.
    i found shat better.the most important thing for me was that a player could choose between 2 factions.It gave the game more rp-taste
    iccc is also a ton of fun for those who enjoy raiding. i have never seen such enthusiasm for 1 raid before.
    i am probably a mosachist but i enjoy challenging raiding and not Boss A must be tanked at that spot everything will be fine as long you dps him out.And no, boss A works in p2 same way as p1,just with moar AoE.And no get away with your CC for trash,all we need is enough AoE :-\
    In TK,SSC,BT you could skip bosses,but in ICC you cant,how am i suppose to enjoy routine-raiding?

i love the story progression so much in wotlk. i mean really the story was far to static, dynamic characters like varian and garrosh actually added to the games story line. hell even saurfang and his son got a huge amount of lore added to them beyond lol cleave cleave.
    the story of tbc wasnt just that obvious,it was mainly told through attunement,instance and title quests.You say Saurfang i say Medivh and Zul´jin.
    tbc was great and all and i enjoyed it but the zones in northrend imo were better than those in tbc. i liked hellfire, netherstorm, and of course nagrand. i think the only zone i dislike in northrend is zul drak because its more of a tbc zone. lack of pahsing and is just quest after quest. very little story developement and makes me ask why we are fighting these guys... just like in out land... gruul why am i killing u!!!!!
    i am not the lore-dude but Zul´Drak-story was based on the one from Grizzly Hills,and was about the alliance between Drakuru (Ice trolls) and Lich King

you can say wrath is easy, but with hard modes and the whole ur using cheats.. aka addons please dont talk. trust me tbc wasnt that hard. bosses were pretty over tuned i mean look at heroic arthas. he is not possible with out the icc buff and how many people got yogg+0 or anub heroic 25 man down? if u say the last boss isnt the only 1 that matters... then stop brining up vashj and kael thas because they were last bosses. yogg was more of a hge lore and quest progression fight then kael and vashj will ever be.
    Things which made imo Vashj and Kael more difficcult than Anub hc and Yogg +0:
    1.Number of phases
    2.Need of not just dpsing stuff down but also looting+equiping certain items
    3.tactical splitting of dps,not just bringing moar aoe and silence classes in,but tactical positioning of dps and heals along the whole fight
    4.You could faceroll Yogg and Anub without using different tank classes (no need for range-tanks)
    5.Last but not least trash respawn
    a cash cow is well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow. Cash cows are often 'milked' for developing, promoting, or supporting new or struggling counterparts.

Signs of a cash cow

* Product variations
    * Customer segmentation
    * Pricing flexibility
    * Cost reduction
    * Targets specific competitor

Im gonna have to disagree and say that TBC was better and was HARDER then wotlk.

All of the new people that have recently started wow have no idea how hard tbc was compared to wotlk it actually took effort to get somewhere, you didnt walk straight into t9. You actually started in blue, had to run heroics and farm badges to get the gear to raid then go through the tiers of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleming
    Im gonna have to disagree and say that TBC was better and was HARDER then wotlk.

All of the new people that have recently started wow have no idea how hard tbc was compared to wotlk it actually took effort to get somewhere, you didnt walk straight into t9. You actually started in blue, had to run heroics and farm badges to get the gear to raid then go through the tiers of raiding.
    And if you hit 70 halfway through TBC and could only play 10 hours a week or so you had to spend half an hour to an hour getting into normal dungeons till you had enough gear to be let into the odd Kara pug. Or grind the shit out of BG's for last tier's arena gear.

10+ Year Old Account

ICC is complete shit compared to Ulduar imo, and no Wrath is not the best expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Blah, WotLK is way better than TBC. Much better implemented, better quests, better music, better look, class design is better, etc., etc.

Seriously, folks who like TBC better must not have much frame of reference or something. I think most were noobs in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack
    ICC is complete shit compared to Ulduar imo, and no Wrath is not the best expansion.
    Pretty much what he said.. Wrath is NOT the best expansion.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

TBC was better than wrath for me and vanilla was the best overall for a number of reasons.

Character progression was much to easy in wrath. At any point you could do heroics for a week and then get carried through one or 2 raids and be geared enough for anything.

TBC had much better high level content, Wrath had only a couple of really good hard epic fights. Mimi hm, yogg hm and LK hm. For a good progressed guild in about top 1k us you were downing all regular content the week it came out and most of the fights felt very bland. Add to this many of the hardmodes after ulduar was done just required more dps or one new mechanic on a fight you had already farmed so it wasn't that big a jump from doing these encounters fresh.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sãpo
    Pretty much what he said.. Wrath is NOT the best expansion.
    This! TBC was wayyyy better. I <3 Sunwell
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

15+ Year Old Account

Harder does not mean it is better!

This guy is an obvious troll, or just retarded. Most of his "opinions" are wrong.

To name a few, all those specs he listed ("ret,enh,booms,spriests") were viable, and every good raid had one. WOTLK heroics are a lot easier, and a lot more boring then BC heroics. All content was added periodically in BC just like Wrath. And if you actually read quest text...HEY LOOK THERE IS A STORY TO THIS GAME. BC, had as much, if not more character progression and involvement in the story. "Illawho?" Really? Did you read ANYTHING in Burning Crusade? Did you do ANY quests in Shadowmoon Valley? Illidan had a ton of involvement, more then The Lich King whose involvement is just pathetic. Of course Mechanar looks like The Eye. It's called a THEME. So according to you ICC is boring and unoriginal just because the 5mans look like it?

"how many people got yogg+0 or anub heroic 25 man down? if u say the last boss isnt the only 1 that matters... then stop brining up vashj and kael thas because they were last bosses. yogg was more of a hge lore and quest progression fight then kael and vashj will ever be".

LOL, sir, you are just...wow...not brilliant. If Yogg+0 was more useful for anything then "oh look a server first title" a lot more people would have killed him that way. There is almost no lore that our characters are involved with for Yogg, and the only quest dealing with Yogg-saron is throwing a grape in his mouth so he can spit out an orange. Kael'thas and Vashj had a lot more involvement. Ever heard of attunement quests? They are also a story line. Just read them, it's not hard.

poor story progression in the content (unless u played warcraft 3)
    Wait, so Wrath of the Lich King has a story that's independent from WC3?

Seeing as ICC is pretty much the only tier with a story:
    T7: Rehash, story only relevant if you played Vanilla.
    T8: Brann dicks around.
    T9: This space intentionally left blank.
    T10: Actual relevant story that belongs in the arc of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleming
    I hate to break the heavy news to you, but Black Temple and Mount Hyjal were cleared within 2 weeks of release.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

I laughed when I read the title, then I realised it wasn't a joke.

Are you serious? You can't even compare TBC to how good classic WoW was, WoTLK was simply the result of piling on a biiig bag of pawns on to the chess board, it added things, but what were they really? Just to encourage new players and make the game easier, routine, less exciting and dull. Nevermind the problems with people doing stupid emounts of damage in pvp that has seen only band-aid fixes.

I think the early success of WoW was a fluke tbh, or else all the previous developers have been replaced. It is comming close to running it's course, theres only so much that damage can be buffed before it becomes irrelevant, and only so many times people can replace their gear before you don't care about it anymore. I still remember my first epics, and my first 1k crit. How much of an achievement they were!

TBC > WOTLK Why ? PvE wasnt just pew pew boss dawn *Meah boss wipe qq to hard gonna leave* (the most old sql vanilla and bc raider gonna understand what i mean) and in terms of pvp dunno i think billzard finally managed in s8 to get arena back to s2 s3 s4 balance .... so id say pvp was better imo too.
    And the often said thing wotlk= world of casualcraft and thats a fact (in matter of how fast u can eq and of how much u can do without spending much time)
    Actually the only thing i really liked was that u can do 10 man raids cause i simply didnt had the time to attend 25 man raids and so i could simply do 10 man once a weak with friends (cleared all 10 man staff + acm pretty early (server 3rd for ulduar and pdok) and that as a casual with about 10h a week :X

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

if u base an entire xpacks difficulty based on being in t9 doing pre t7 contnet u are a fool

trust me in t4 and t5 heroics were face roll in tbc
    Not sure what you mean by t4 and t5 "heriocs", but I'm assuming you are meaning the places where you got the gear from, since heroics in TBC were only 5mans, and the raids you did had no options to change raid size nor difficulty. I think many people will be very quick to disagree with this. When t4 and t5 were the main raids (especially Vashj/Kael) were considerably difficult. Of course within such places of SSC and TK were your easy bosses, but the end bosses were in a league of their own.

If you are saying that they were faceroll because of the 3.0 patch then you're a fool. Because these places were not faceroll till then for most guilds.

But I would like to add that I feel that WOTLK is a pretty great expansion.

Why Wotlk is the best version of WOW in my oppinion
    Fixed that for you

and on topic:
    I do agree with some fights are equal or harder then some tbc fights.
    But the progression to get to the desired boss were alot tougher, and you couldn't just walk straight from hitting the cap into heroics, just to go into the hardest raid instance the day after.
    You actually had to work your way there. You had to grind reputations (revered to enter a heroic ._.), grind attunements and even different sets of gear (different kinds resistance sets, mage stam gear for gruul, warlock stam gear for leo).
    Now you hardly need to be full epic to enter ICC.

WotLK added alot of good stuff, but at the expense of loads of tbc stuff. I do hope cata will add it all up and mix it into the best expansion so far

Ahhhh see, but the problem is OP that this is all subjective. Because in my opinion, Tier 7 was extremely bland save for Malygos. Tier 8 was, obviously incredible. Tier 9 was very... very stupid, you're right it should not have been its own tier but on top off all that it was extremely short, uninspired, and a lame divergence from real raid content (save for Jaraxxus). Tier 10, great overall, mainly because of the immense effort put into ICC and the STELLAR 5-man instances that are in my opinion the most immersive heroics in game so far and clearly the best of this expansion.

So for me it was hit and miss. They were 2/4 for end game tiers. This of course was not aided by the ill conceived and executed badge system and the massive gear resets for absolutely everybody every 4-5 months.

What WAS the best part of WotLK was the fluid, epic questing, the random daily system, achievements, and the integration of the main villain into the quests/zones.

Furthermore, other than my initial 70-80 questing I jsut didn't have as much fun overall as I did in TBC. I was happy in my little T4 guild doing Karazhan, Gruul's and Mag, then eventually Zul'Aman when it was released. Sure I wasn't as deep into the BC raiding as I am into the WotLK raiding but I, personally, LIKED level 70 raiding more. Karazhan will forever be my favorite 10 man with Ulduar right near it.

Deleted

TBC had way many changes then WotLK had. Story wise TBC was way above wotlk

First of all, in vanilla most of the classes could fit only 1 role in raids there was no suck things as boomkin, prot pala, enha shaman, and even sp, fury warrs and ret palas were really rare. Most of the gear was focused on one spec and getting gear for and offspec was really hard. TBC changed that, players could chose more then 1 spec to play and gear was abit easyer to obtained and you could get gear for the spec you want ( tier 4 was first tier to have more then one set to opt for).

Another big aspect that changed was pvp. Classes become more balanced... many wont agree with me on this, because there will never be a perfect balance. Also with the introduction of arena there were some classes combined that become famous for dominating like disc priest/rogue, resto druid/warrior, paladin/dk on 2v2 or rogue - mage - priest (RMP) the most famous from 3v3. The down side on this was that BGs started to lose popularity as for the world pvp. Maybe only Isle of Quel'Danas revived abit of the old world pvp, if you can call word pvp... since it was more like a mass ganging :P.

TBC also brought more interesting quests and attunaments. A new sistem of dungeons normal / heroic, a new way to travel (flying mounts) new interesting profession (jewel crafting - probably one of the biggest change that let u customize your gear) and many many interesting things.

I feel that WotLK was more a commercial expansion then TBC. It let everyone have really good gear and easy to obtain, removing the attunaments made having a guild not so inportant and that tends to remove the social part of the game and also resulted in spams on trade chats, countless ninjas and such.

Blizzard will probably continue with this trend, making most of the game accessible for everyone but for sure must thing of something to undo the negative aspects of it.

There are alot of arguments against or pro TBC / WotLK but in my eyes TBC havent been beaten by wotlk but Cataclysm seems to have alots of hopes in doing it.

ps: my english sux i know...