Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why Wotlk is the best version of WOW

Vanilla > BC >>> WotLK.

They were all good, WotLK was just the least good.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malckeor
    Troll. reported. enjoy your forum ban and thread lock.
    We're all proud of you. Incoming Medal of Honor.

OT: They were all very good. WotLK was just the one that entered into a world that already had 10 million people with very high expectations. Most of which were met, but people are just getting bored quicker.

I still think the expansion was amazing and have even higher hopes for Cata.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malckeor
    Troll. reported. enjoy your forum ban and thread lock.
    im proud of u 2

"some 1 disagrees with me... BAN THEM"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet
    but people are just getting bored quicker.
    yup.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane
    sorry but now a days.... its the most balanced we ever been

maybe u just suck cause as a boomkin i eat dks
    Just no. PvP is by a large, large margin, the most silly and unbalanced it has ever been.
    Theres even massive steps in order to correct the absolute rediculous burst that is floating about right now.
    There has even been numerous attempts to fix burst during WotLK. Resilience was completely changed even.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times i've lost against people who just make huge mistakes, and rediculous positioning. Yet get away with it because of high pressure and/or rediculous setups with too much CC's not on DR with each other(only a problem specifically because of the burst).
    There was dominance of certain set ups in TBC. Heck even dominance of certain classes.
    There's a difference though between that and someone playing poorly yet still maintaining an upper hand.

I honestly don't even know how you can possibly say that PvP so far in WotLK has been a good thing besides the addition of extra battlegrounds. And the changes (specifically time ones) to the classic BG's.

All in all though this expansion I would agree is the best so far. hardest doesn't always mean best. I like the addition of hard modes. I like doing them. I like feeling two forms of progression. I like being able to gear alts I havent touched in ages in a reasonable period of time. I like so many thinks that WotLK has brought. Alot of my characters feel alot more included without having to spend hours on what is essentially a second or a third character to form and raid a raid you've done all too many times before.

I like the itemisation in LK.
    I like the merging of alot of the stats, I like inscription. It was a beautiful addition.

Heck my only complaints are the sillyness in certain PvP aspects, the slow responce time of massive overpowered classes on release, slow responce to the SotA bug. Massive massive shortage of new models. I mean christ the only models they even need to make are shoulders and helms. The rest are literally just textures. Even with that the first teir in WotLK wasn't even new either.
    Aside from that though.. Thats all my complaints.. way less than i've ever had before and frankly. The good things outweigh them tenfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor
    I hate to break the heavy news to you, but Black Temple and Mount Hyjal were cleared within 2 weeks of release.
    Hahaha, and your point being? Wotlk initial content was cleared withing 3days of release, that included the time to reach level 80.
    Ulduar was cleared the 1st or 2nd day of the release.
    Only reason for Coliseum not being cleared at the first week was due to the fact that it was released 1boss/week.
    ICC pretty much the same thing as Coliseum, only bosses were released in packs (wings being unlocked a few weeks in between) and the "more enjoyable pace" piece a crap limited tries.
    Only LK lasted through first initial limited try bullshit anyway.

And don't try to come back with any lame claim like "hardmodes" and "heroic" in the raids. heroic versions were hold off until you had first beaten the normal mode.
    Also there were no such thing as heroic or hardmode in TBC, it was all normal mode. Think about adding hardmodes or heroic versions on that, then we can compare.

Now wotlk didn't bring only bad things nor did tbc brought only good. I must say that leveling in wotlk was a big improvement from tbc, at least in my opinion.
    Classes and specs were improved once again, everyone was viable. Though we raided with pretty much all specs except moonkin (didn't have one) in TBC as well, they weren't even close as balanced as they are right now.
    TBC on the other hand brought major changes from vanilla. Everything from buffing classes and specs, reducing raid size from 40man to 25 and 10 to the introduction of the arena.

Dungeon comparison though, TBC 5-mans was a lot harder than wotlk, especially when going from heroics pov. And no, not only for the cc, which really wasn't that needed if you had competent players (not pug friendly for the average pug I agree). Wotlk heroics was a simple aoe farm from the very beginning, not like it is with the current available gear and the half instance pulls it allows but still way to easy.

Quote Originally Posted by winzi

And don't try to come back with any lame claim like "hardmodes" and "heroic" in the raids. heroic versions were hold off until you had first beaten the normal mode.
    Also there were no such thing as heroic or hardmode in TBC, it was all normal mode.
    Why would this be a good thing anyway?
    Is it not good that people who are less skilled are catered to and people who are skilled are catered to at the same time?
    Thats exactly what hard modes are. Nobody loses. They don't risk upsetting anyone.
    The fights arent too hard for some people.

Nobody likes wiping all night with little progression.
    Some guilds just dont have the capacity to deal with certain fights.

The fact that all bosses were the same for everyone who attempted them must have been a horrific job for developers.
    You have to make it hard or people will whine.
    You have to make it easy enough so that with practise atleast 50%+ of the raiding population can achieve it within X amount of time.

The worst part is you can't even discern if you got it right with BETA testing, as the sample of people who BETA test raids are usually very high end raiding guilds. Would've been a horrible job and pretty much guarenteed to have someone whine at you for being too hard or too easy at some point. So the only safe option is to make everything moderatly difficult to the best of your understanding.
    Hard modes fix that and reward both ends of the spectrum with it too.

This is why now on forums people look back and bat their eyelids with nostalgia about it. The reason being the exact same thing with the BETA testing. The percentage of people who attend forums like this on a regular basis are much more likely to be from a decent or high end guild either presently or previiously.
    I can absolutly guarentee when CATA rolls along and we're a year into that. people will be bringing up how hard and amazing you had to be to down HM-LK and how in Cataclysm nothing is as awesomesauce and all that rubbish.

QQing your little hearts out aren't going to bring BC back or change the fact that everyone has their own opinion. I've played all 3 expansions I like WotLk better, bite me please.

15+ Year Old Account

So many people with opinions and apparently everyone of them is fact.

Stop bitching at each other or this thread is going to get locked and the bans will start flying.

I do have to wonder why so many people play a game they hate. Addiction problems, no?

If Wrath was 'the worst thing ever' then don't pay for it! Why continue to pay for a game that you think sucks? Makes no sense.

Really, Wrath IS an improvement. You may not like all the changes, you may feel like its a personal insult from Blizzard that they dared to allow other people to enjoy the game, but guess what? The majority of people (who, by the way, don't go on these forums) apprieciate the casual friendliness.

And you know what, most of you aren't as hardcore as you think you are. You take the 'welfare epics', the 'easy modes' and the 'broken buffs' and then you clear content. If you were truely hardcore you'd never lower yourself to doing anything but heroic content, and you wouldn't use the emblem gear, and you wouldn't use the buffs.

Realise that you benefit from this too. Because you would be complaining right now if heroic LK25 still wasn't down - and it wouldn't be if there wasn't a buff. If you tried to do heroic Marrowgar in heroic T9 gear only you'd be struggling. Without the normal mode progression and gear you'd not be where you are now.

End of.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane

kael and vashj had almost no story line to them and yea i did the attunments. kael had a story line after u killed him. illidan had no story at all ingame.

malygos had more lore than all of tbc bosses combined in terms of quest lines and storys though those quests.

yogg saron never made an apearance until u actually took him on in ulduar and guess what. YOU KNEW WHAT HE OR SHE WAS!
    ok i've had enough, even if you ARE a troll saying that your opinion > everyone else's i can't just sit and read this dribble any more.

you say that Vashj and Kael have no storyline whatsoever, i take it that you just stormed through all of the Quests getting to 70 and grinding Quests for gold or whatnot as there's a lot of lore for them as well, for starters in Warcraft 3 expansion "the frozen thron" (you may say sod WC3 but meh! MY opinion > yours :P) you're introduced to both Vashj and Kael'thas and how by the end you know that they're both lieutenants of illidan and that they take him back to icecrown.

now separatly:

Vashj: in Zangarmarsh you find out that the naga is using the water for their own benefit and drying out parts (dead mire etc) you hear about lady Vashj's orders from a drop Q in Steamvaults and while battling your way through the instance you hear more about vashj (bosses calling out saying how they've failed her etc) and then comes the attunment for SSC where they talk about Vashj once more :P hell in fact the whole quest hub of Zangarmarsh is finding out who's behind the water pumps and such in the end, aka Vashj!

Kael'thas: there's 2-4 quest hubs where you hear about him before you even encounter him.

1st hub is the whole of netherstorm, which is populated by the sin'dori who work for kael'thas, in Area 51 there are both the scryers and aldor that are looking for kael'thas. the epic Arcatraz attunment Quest where during mech/bota you learn about kael'thas. and then arca itself, the belf at the end who thought that kael sent you to kill him but instead released the "prisoners" to cause havok etc.

2nd hub (even though it's a mini-hub) is in hellfire with the Chain Quests called "colossal menace" where you meet mechanar's last boss himself saying that his prince ordered for the red rocks to fall from the sky and chance the areas. and if you played a horde toon in outlands you'll also learn about the belf camps when kael was leading them to their new "sanctuary" .

3rd hub would be the starting area for the blood elves (we've all made one to check them out :P) where you learn about how kael left the current belf leader in charge while he lead other sindori to outlands etc (m'uru as well before he was "ninjaed" to SWP).

and the 4th quest hub is in none other than shadowmoon valley with the lengthy "cipher of damnation" quests and attunment to TK:the eye where you find that kael is messing with the elements and the elements in question are pretty much pissed off ;p.

granted that Kael'thas had more focus and story before you fight him than Vashj (which is 1 area remember :P) but you can't just say that malygos in wotlk has more lore than both combined when it's a case of "i'm out of my depression and now insane, people aka belfs nearly destroyed the world with magic so i'll kill you all" that's basically what's being said through the small area that you quest in compaired to the other 3/4 of borean tundra.

and now we come to the (somewhat..) start of TBC, Illidan. the dude had his own speech and intro at the start of TBC, throughout hellfire you learn of the fel-orcs that illidan has created by using magtheridon's own blood (in blood furnace you hear maggy curse illidan :P) granted he wasn't mentioned again until you get to shattrath city and later on shadowmoon valley, you hear in shatt city on the tour about how illidan was driven back by the naru or more specificaly A'dal. In shadowmoon valley you come across the huntress herself Miev shadowsong and the ashtongue death-sworn who are going to betray illidan and make him get his own comeuppance.

and while you may say that illidan never appeared until patch 2.1 with the netherwing Quests and black temple itself, if you were lucky enough back in vanillia wow and killed the nightmare dragons and got a certain Quest drop, you'll find out that illidan went insane and thought that he defeated arthas back in front of ICC in WC3 so he "broods in his dwelling" thinking he's the bad ass and doesn't have to come out :P (unless it's to "kill" you when you become exaulted with netherwing ^^)

and arthas/LK? he's basically paraded through the whole game going "rwar! i'm a bad ass i'm training you so i can kill you when you're uber T10 strong so i can raise you when i'm at 10%!" i got sick and tired of seeing him by the time i did the Quests to help drakuru in drak'tharon keep....

and it's 5:25 in the morning as i write this and am very VERY knackered, and all i remember about yogg-saron while questing through was "he knocked over a big tree, boo hoo!" and oh yeah! and that mr lich was using his blood as crafting materials for armor and shizz :3

TLR version: Vashj/Kael/illidan have as much lore as malygos and yogg-saron if not a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro
    I do have to wonder why so many people play a game they hate. Addiction problems, no?

And you know what, most of you aren't as hardcore as you think you are. You take the 'welfare epics', the 'easy modes' and the 'broken buffs' and then you clear content. If you were truely hardcore you'd never lower yourself to doing anything but heroic content, and you wouldn't use the emblem gear, and you wouldn't use the buffs.
    First of all: friends. Althou thanks to dumbed down content most of them have quit the game by now. Good that theres SC2 and D3 on the way..

Part of going hardcore is aiming on top, which leads to use of everything you can (worldbuffs@vanilla.. to soulstonespam @ toc). You are right on heroic content part, why ulduar was so damn good piece of raid: People had to choose between progress in hardmodes or gearing in normals becouse both sides were released same time. No gating = win. Both ToC and ICC failed on this side and when you finally got the hardmodes they mostly were too easy already (BQL hc for first time was fun, thou :P)
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

The dungeon finder, while amazingly convenient, makes much of the game world useless. Most of my post-DF 80's spent virtually zero time questing and just grinding instances...their Northrend maps are mostly blank due to undiscovered areas.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    The dungeon finder, while amazingly convenient, makes much of the game world useless. Most of my post-DF 80's spent virtually zero time questing and just grinding instances...their Northrend maps are mostly blank due to undiscovered areas.
    agreed to that

With the sheer ignorance displayed by the author of this thread, it has to be a troll run.
    World-Shaper
    Lore Master
    Universe Creator

At your service.