Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy Pally, why so boring ?

Hi y'all,

I play pally tank and recently I gathered enough decent gear to change to a holy pally.
    The gear is decent and I heal fine but it is soooooo boring... only 3 heals, have to apply beacon of light every minute and sacred shield every 30 seconds and I got to hit a mob every minute to keep the haste buff active... what's up with that ?
    Am I missing something in the game style or it's really this basic ?
    I compare the game style to a resto shaman and resto druid that I have.
    Also what are the advantages of Holy Paladin over those classes ?

Appreciate your responds.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy Pally, why so boring ?

Quote Originally Posted by Erechtheus
    Hi y'all,

I play pally tank and recently I gathered enough decent gear to change to a holy pally.
    The gear is decent and I heal fine but it is soooooo boring... only 3 heals, have to apply beacon of light every minute and sacred shield every 30 seconds and I got to hit a mob every minute to keep the haste buff active... what's up with that ?
    Am I missing something in the game style or it's really this basic ?
    I compare the game style to a resto shaman and resto druid that I have.
    Also what are the advantages of Holy Paladin over those classes ?

Appreciate your responds.

Thanks
    You're not specced/glyphed correctly for one.

Holy Paladins are there to keep tanks alive for the most part. They excel at this niche far more than other healing classes.

FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

using FREQUENTLY more than 3 heals and two buffs with your other healers?

But holy paladin is quite simple to play, yes. 1/10 on the troll meter.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

It really depends on the size of the raid, the number of healers, whether you're offtank healing or main tank healing. Holydin can be nervewracking on the right fight. Heal Iron Council in your blues and tell me you're still bored.

Long live Sun King Theron.

15+ Year Old Account

What above poster said, if you're specced and glyphed properly you will have to refresh your beacon each minute and half and sacred shield each minute, and for the 3 heals you prolly end up doing holy light most of the time. Also in some fights you can help up a lot with aura mastery and much more but bah...

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

I play a Holy Paladin. ( selse on sisters of elune if you want to armory me). There are two different playing styles. Holy Light vs. Flash of Light. HL is the generally accepted way, but I tend to play FoL just to see if I can, though going into icchm, i might be swapping back. Anyway, yes, healing is relatively simple. Keep up beacon, ss, and judge every cd or so if you're tight on mana. Heals are FoL, HL and HS. However. The fun part is on fights like HM Saurfang. If you don't have many range you have to use your taunt to kite the beasts. You need to HoJ. You need to use your HoP to help when you have 3 marked up. HoF anyone on HM Rot (or fester...i always get them mixed up. The one in the right side room) when they get stuck in the green lakes. Not only that, but you never stop healing, you're always precasting, watching for those incoming heals, etc. It's simple and easy to learn at first, but difficult to master, imo.

Being holy paladin myself, I would never say it's boring. We've got so many fun spells like all 'hand' spells, Divine Sacrifice, Aura Mastery. Imo if you think it's boring, than you don't know such spells exist, or at least don't know how and when to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma
    He be climbin in yo windows burning yo people up
    so y'all need to hide ya kids, hide ya wife, and husbands coz he's burnin' everybody out there!
    Veru, player formerly known as Meliann.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes the holy paladin only requires a total of 5 spells!
    #1 Flash of Light
    #2 Holy Shock
    #3 Holy Light
    #4 Beacon of Light
    #5 Sacred Shield

If you really thought that, that was the only thing you needed as a holy paladin then you are much mistaken! Controlling your Hand spells, managing your CDs and know when to pop what etc, etc, etc... But the biggest problem is your mana at first. It can be a biatch!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

All i heard was: Hi i play 51-5-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Yean
    All i heard was: Hi i play 51-5-15.
    Above all... THIS!

The difference between good Paladins and great Paladins is knowing what other tools you have in your belt than your healing spells. Aura Mastery (you might be surprised how much DMG in ICC is shadow)... Divine Sac (which you wouldn't have with that spec)... and hell, I'll even throw in knowing what seal and judge you should be using, how much haste you need to hit the soft cap and what stats your prioritize for what fights (Dreamwalker for instance) makes all of the difference.

Holy Paladins are not as boring as people claim they are... They are only as boring as the player who plays them makes them out to be.... Ret on the other hand :P

What's wrong with 51/5/15? I did say I was experimenting between HL and FoL build, and for FoL in icc...13k FoLs are nice tyvm, though I don't think it'll cut it for HM:LK. I'll have to wait and see, though.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by felinapian
    What's wrong with 51/5/15? I did say I was experimenting between HL and FoL build, and for FoL in icc...13k FoLs are nice tyvm, though I don't think it'll cut it for HM:LK. I'll have to wait and see, though.
    The difference is that your FoL hits for 13k, my HL hits for +22k - and the cast time is nearly the same...
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

HL hits for 26k with a 1.2-1.3s cast. I use it when I have to, just use FoL primarily unless there's a lot of incoming damage on the tanks. It's just a different game play, and so far, I tend to have better mana control that the other HL pally I'm with.

See, I was the opposite of you. I thought prot pallies were so boring, switched to Holy and loved it. Holy paladin niche is in tank healing, and heroics can be dreadfully boring to heal, but I have a blast healing in raids as a holy paly.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

hehe, that's the same as my boyfriend and myself. I am bored whenever I tank, looove healing, regardless of class. He, on the other hand, can't stand healing, but loves tanking on whichever class he chooses. I think we're all just drawn to a prticular niche: tank/heal/dps slightly over the alternatives.

15+ Year Old Account

welcome to healing in wrath, its terribly boring :-\

(add the fact that healadin is the most boring healer of all that dont help a lot, that dont mean i dont respect people that play holy far from that)

Go heal lk25hc or at least lk10hc, and say again that it is boring.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshiro
    Yes the holy paladin only requires a total of 5 spells!
    #1 Flash of Light
    #2 Holy Shock
    #3 Holy Light
    #4 Beacon of Light
    #5 Sacred Shield

If you really thought that, that was the only thing you needed as a holy paladin then you are much mistaken! Controlling your Hand spells, managing your CDs and know when to pop what etc, etc, etc... But the biggest problem is your mana at first. It can be a biatch!

6! with the FoL HoT we can put on the tank, or anyone with SS.

Well, i often hear people say this, but what i never hear is what makes healing fun. So please, enlighten me. What makes healing fun for you? Then maybe we'll be able to figure out what Holy is lacking.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    Well, i often hear people say this, but what i never hear is what makes healing fun. So please, enlighten me. What makes healing fun for you? Then maybe we'll be able to figure out what Holy is lacking.
    Healing may not be fun but is definetly more entertaining than dpsing or tanking. And that basicly makes it fun.