tailoring cloak enchant Vs Engineering/Blacksmithing/JC

Hey all,

i recently maxxed out tailoring to complete my 100 mount achievement and am now planning on ditching it for something more optimal for raiding. My other profession is leatherworking and im not willing to drop that as i have dam near every reciepy in the game and am the guild crafter for all leather and mail items.

So my question is this - at the moment i have the chance on hit 400 attack power cloak enchant. what profession would give me the most benifit raid wise if i chose to drop tailoring.

if i went JC id use 3 32 arp gems, which would esentially be a 36 bonus arp over 3 standard 20 arp gems, if i went Blacksmithing i would gain 2 sockets for 40 free stats, and eng would be the glove enchants.

what do people think
    armoury link here in case that helps

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hadgar&cn=Quag

Re: tailoring cloak enchant Vs Engineering/Blacksmithing/JC

Dont take BS over JC. First of all the 3x14 bonus stats are better than 2x20 bonus.

Also you can earn some nice gold on JC'ing, for example you could buy some uncut gems and cut to sell em for a higher price.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account

Blacksmithing and JC are the most flexible, so if you want to drop Tailoring, I'd suggest one of those two. Long story short, they can boost all your possible specs.

From my experience, JC is faster to level and earns you more gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

ty i thought dragons eye gems were a 12 point increase on standard gems not 14, makes jc and bs within 2 points of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Quag
    ty i thought dragons eye gems were a 12 point increase on standard gems not 14, makes jc and bs within 2 points of each other.
    [Delicate Dragon's Eye]
    VS
    [Delicate Cardinal Ruby]

The difference is 14.
    TejBlood: 1; Quag: 0
    <Hell> is now recruiting!!! ~ <Hell> Recruitment Thread

Armory

Actually, I thought the tailoring enchant was still the best for melee dps (regardless of class). Pretty sure the static gains from JC/BS aren't as good. However JC is still the top raid profession as you gain more from JC then you would BS.

From EJ:
    Tailoring: Swordguard Embroidery grants 400 AP for 15 seconds, roughly once a minute. This averages out to approx 100 AP. You miss out the +22 Agi for this. Total Bonus: +100 AP, -22 Agi.
    Blacksmithing: 2 more sockets. Assuming epic ArPen gems, the bonus is 40 ArP.
    Jewelcrafting: 3x +34 ArPen gems instead of +20 ArPen. 3*14 = 42 ArP.

JC, then BS I'd say. Don't discount Engineering right away though either. It's not a great raid prof compared to most, but depending on your role (and how often you switch) it can provide some pretty cool items. Gloves can give you +armor, +haste or +rocket-damage for whichever role you like (probably not the best for Resto but nom-armor-nom for bear and haste is lovely for kitty or a starfire eclipse). Plus Nitro boots are fun and the +24 crit beats most other boot enchants for throughput (if you can use crit obviously, which again might not be the best for Resto). Also, the cloak enchant is inferior to Tailoring in most if not all cases, but it still beats the regular cloak enchants too IMHO.

Plus, Engi is fun as all hell, and Jeeves et al. can be cool too.

For straight raid benefit, I would go with JC.

The biggest thing I like about JC is that you will end up with a stack of dragon eyes, which makes it really easy to change them up to alter stats if an upgrade puts you over/under hit/expertise etc.

I know for rogues that Engi is a great profession. Glove Enchant + Wrist Rockets + Saronite Bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    I know for rogues that Engi is a great profession. Glove Enchant + Wrist Rockets + Saronite Bombs.
    erm the rockets is on gloves also engi dont have anything on wrists

Go JC mate, its by far the most flexible profession and can be very profitable if you do it right. I have LW / JC on my druid and it works fine, although i am a Feral Tank / Resto. But you get my drift

If money is not an issue then JC is the way to go

EDIT: Typo

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd choose JC .

You can earn some nice cash with it too
    Insert Signiture here.