Demo Spell/Fire Stone

So for my demo warlock i usually roll spellstone for the haste which helpes all my spells and it helps Doom/Agony, immolate and corruption. Now with my current gear and a spellstone my haste is 1337. Would it be more benifficial to use a SpellStone or a Firestone for my shadowbolts?
    Any Ideas and thoughts on this would be geart thank you.

Re: Demo Spell/Fire Stone

how does haste help doom or agony? it doesnt even help immolate apart from the cast time decrease ...
    anyway, for demo always spellstone. except if u reach the gcd cap without any stone then obviously firestone.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eleth/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronan/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    Looking at a cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

Look at your spell breakdown by damage done. Does the vast majority of you damage come from direct damage or dots?

Forget the haste/crit potion. Which part (DD/DoTs) would net you more damage from the % buff?

Go with that one.
    This space for rent.

SpellStone gives a 1% bonus damage to dots
    Firestone gives a 1% bonus to direct damage spells

ok thank you ill throw on a firestone for our 25 man's HM's this week and see how its goes

Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    Look at your spell breakdown by damage done. Does the vast majority of you damage come from direct damage or dots?

Forget the haste/crit potion. Which part (DD/DoTs) would net you more damage from the % buff?

Go with that one.
    Doesn't the extra haste from Master Conjurer spellstone trump a firestone for demonology? Could be wrong, not my favorite spec and I rarely play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle
    Doesn't the extra haste from Master Conjurer spellstone trump a firestone for demonology? Could be wrong, not my favorite spec and I rarely play it.
    yeah it does. say your incinerates, shadowbolts and incinerates make up 80% of your damage and you do 10,000 dps. 80% of 10k = 8k. 1% of 8k - 80dps
    demonology doesn't have too great value for crit compared to haste (i don't remember figures since it's a pretty minor stat for demo imo) and the 240 haste you get from your spellstone is worth far more than 80dps + 240 crit.

edit: its probably only worth switching to firestone when your shadowbolts become a 1s cast. so don't worry about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Samargeril
    So for my demo warlock i usually roll spellstone for the haste which helpes all my spells and it helps Doom/Agony, immolate and corruption. Now with my current gear and a spellstone my haste is [size=10pt]1337. [/size]Would it be more benifficial to use a SpellStone or a Firestone for my shadowbolts?
    Any Ideas and thoughts on this would be geart thank you.
    am i the only one who saw that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Syro
    am i the only one who saw that ?
    no, did you also notice the previous poster wrote incinerate twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenstine
    no, did you also notice the previous poster wrote incinerate twice?
    no, but did u notice the out of the a** numbers ?

More Haste = More Molten Core Procs.

Even if you are at the GCD max for haste, you will always gain more and more molten core procs
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Syro
    no, but did u notice the out of the a** numbers ?
    I'd like to believe he does has 1337 haste

10+ Year Old Account

1337 is not hard to reach with a spellstone... I'm sitting at 1100. Add DFO to that(because i don't have it) and some odd haste pieces to replace my hit/spirit ones and you're there.

Anyway, i wouldn't trade 180(or 240, forgot what it is) haste for 1% DD.
    Hell, i wouldn't trade that much haste for 1% dps actually...
    With a 1.7s SB cast time and 1.3s Incinerate during MC i need more haste, a lot more...

Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    Forget the haste/crit potion.
    You can't! Master Conjurer gives too much haste and Demo's softcap is higher than Destro's or Aflliction's. Add to that the pumped up numbers Demo gives(i'm at 40% crit as demo) and haste still outweighs crit.

But easy/predictable answer - sim it!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Johi
    More Haste = More Molten Core Procs.

Even if you are at the GCD max for haste, you will always gain more and more molten core procs
    Imo if you get haste hard capped, even tho more haste would mean more molten core procs, your direct damage would be insane and you'd benefit more from 1% extra DD and 5% crit or w/e. But it's never gonna happen so don't worry about it. Bear in mind your incinerates would be under the gcd cap to cast...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Velocet
    if you get haste hard capped
    Demo haste hard cap means Shadow Bolt is a 1s cast. Not gonna happend ever!
    I will stop wanting more haste as demo when my Incinerates under Molten Core get to a 1s cast. At that point Immo should be at 0.8s and it will be the only thing to cap the GCD but i can live with 0.2s lost every 25?(can't remeber right now) seconds...
    I still have 0.3s to shed to reach that point, wish me luck!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Velocet
    Imo if you get haste hard capped, even tho more haste would mean more molten core procs, your direct damage would be insane and you'd benefit more from 1% extra DD and 5% crit or w/e. But it's never gonna happen so don't worry about it. Bear in mind your incinerates would be under the gcd cap to cast...
    Being GCD capped for Demo is largely irrevent anyway, as only Immolate and Incinerate would be brought under the GCD, both minor components of your overall damage. Shadowbolt and Soul Fire, which make the majority (60% not including pet) of your damage are not going to be capped by it, and Corruption will continue to benefit through Quick Decay, correspondingly account for an increasing proportion of your damage, and give you more MC procs.

Crit on the other hand is the lowest priority stat for Demonology, it's not worth 2/3 the value of Haste, and as that's the rough proportion of DDoT damage you get as Demo - the 1% extra DD just falls short of making up for it.

Add in the fact that it's the Spellstone that's going to Haste Cap you, and there's just no reason to use Firestone.

My bad, I meant when your SB's become a 1s cast. Which will never happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Samargeril
    ok thank you ill throw on a firestone for our 25 man's HM's this week and see how its goes
    Eh, if it doesn't work, follow what these other people are saying and go back to spellstone. I've played demo in a raid all of one time thus far, and haven't looked in to it much at all. I keep forget the inter-working talents like master conjurer and how that would modify things.

GD new medication doctors put me on.
    This space for rent.

thank you for all the POSITIVE feedback
    oh and anyone one who doesnt believe i have 1337 haste with my spellstone and thinks im lying can go to the armory and look at my haste add 240 from the spellstone then boom there ya go

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I actually have that exact amount of haste on my warlock when I go demo with a spellstone.

Its the only thing I like about being demo lol.