Prot Warrior in need of advice

Hi, I'd like to know the opinion of some wiser warrior, I've got 3xt10 (helmet shoulders and gloves) and I'm going to get the 4th for the bonus, the thing is since I've got Pillars of Might I thought about getting the chest(got the one from 2nd boss 10men) but that would make me have to use the Wrathful Gladiator Shieldwall for the resilience otherwise I'd be critable.

So my dilemma is which one you think would make a wiser buy and why.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Armory link is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ncrest&n=Sonee

Re: Prot Warrior in need of advice

resil does not reduce the chances for a mob to crit you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowulf
    resil does not reduce the chances for a mob to crit you anymore.
    Yes, it does.

I'm not sure what other gear you have sitting around or have access to, so I don't know all your options, but don't forget if you're low on defense, you can swap the +armor to cloak and the +stam to shield you are using to both be +defense. Also With the PvP shoulder enchant you're using, you're only required 536 defense for raids.

Good idea, gonna check on how much I'll be after that.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaak
    Yes, it does.
    even so, its a terrible stat to use to bridge the 540 gap. You will soon find you have too much def rating one you get into icc.

Well my guild doesn't raid icc25 yet and we kinda pugged icc10 up to LK, I'm just unlucky with drops(weapon/shield/bracers).

I'm probably gonna buy the chest and regem and reenchant some items to defense incase i have to switch shield (hope so!)

even so, its a terrible stat to use to bridge the 540 gap. You will soon find you have too much def rating one you get into icc.
    Too much def? Are you for real?

Well, you never have enough Def

But I can see your point, and it's not true. When you get your hands on T10 chest or Pillars of Might, you def score will seriously go down because neither of them has def on it (so that's -80 def score of each, compared with their def counterpart, such as 264 frost badge chest, and T10 legs). Actually, I you equip these two, you may be just over 540, somewhere around 545-550.

The resil enchant allows you to go down to 537 def, i think.