Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help me with frost emblems

I have 64 frost emblems right now and don't know what to do. Should I go ahead and buy Malevolent Girdle or should I save up and buy 2 pieces of tier 10? I want all 3 items, but I'm not sure which will be a bigger DPS boost considering that, without access to Icecrown Citadel, my ability to get frost emblems is very limited. My armoury is in my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

Re: Help me with frost emblems

t10

Which 2 pieces should I buy? I'm thinking of the helm and the chest, but that makes me worried that it won't pay off for a very long time.
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

Chest and Helm are 190 badges, which you don't have. No access to icc makes 23 Badges per Week. From your starting position ruby sanctum will not help.

If you are not doing Icc due to the lack of time, not gear just be patient and get your set pieces someday before cataclysm.

Otherwise I would recommend belt and cloak, in whatever order. This and a few ToC runs should put you in a decent position to pug ICC 10 up to 7 Bosses. With the badges flowing set will come in no time.

More realistically I can buy the shoulderplates now and the chestplate later. Any more opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth
    without access to Icecrown Citadel, my ability to get frost emblems is very limited. My armoury is in my signature.
    Why would u want to get that gear if u aren't going to raid ICC?...

Anyway, get the t10.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

You just had a couple of suggestions, but whatever. I wouldn't worry hugely about T10 until your raiding ICC, otherwise there's hardly any point in the gear upgrade, so until you are, i'd get cape or belt first, then the other next.
    As a previous commenter said, once you start ICC the badges come in pretty quickly.
    I'll slap you so hard you'll feel like you've kissed a Freight Train..

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw
    So I can raid ICC.

15+ Year Old Account

Like others have said, I would recommend starting with the belt then the cape. Once you are into ICC10s, you will be amazed at how quickly you start getting badges and pieces.

Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw

Anyway, get the t10.
    I hear the only point to getting gear is to raid with.

Confirm/Deny
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

the belt gives better more than both tier shoulders/gloves or the helm/chest which i find strange.
    you can check for yourself on a character developer

personaly i would save frost emblems for 2 pieces of tier gear and get the crafted belt

Hey there guy. You're fine for starting ICC. If you're really iffy about stepping in there, find some rep runs so you can get your ashen verdict ring. Read up on the fights, the first four aren't demanding on melee other than do your thing, not speaking for the rest, so don't be afraid to hop in a pug.

Go for T10 first of all, and once you're going for a belt, do NOT choose Malevolent Girdle, Vengeful Noose is a hell of a lot better compared to it. Proof that I'm not just full of BS?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...or&cn=Sheppard

The best geared pally on my server is using it, I asked him why and he said this; While Malevolent Girdle provides hit and crit, Vengeful Noose provides crit, haste, ArP and AP.

The crit comes from the agility of course, and ArP isn't as useless as many thinks, paladins do benefit from it, though not as much as warriors or DK would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to min/max to the point where I'm not wearing plate.

3 votes for belt/cloak, 3 for T10. Still not 100% sure.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to min/max to the point where I'm not wearing plate.

3 votes for belt/cloak, 3 for T10. Still not 100% sure.
    First of all... Why not? It's better, and you get it for the same cost of mats and frosties!
    To your original question: Go buy the Tier10 shoulders - try to get into the weekly VoA pug and hope for either the legs or gloves to drop as well.
    It would also be a good idea to change your chest to the Tier9 to keep the set-bonus if you were to replace either your legs or gloves.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshiro
    First of all... Why not? It's better, and you get it for the same cost of mats and frosties!
    Sorry, it's a thing I have.

If I get the gloves/legs, what can I do to keep 2t9?

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry, it's a thing I have.

If I get the gloves/legs, what can I do to keep 2t9?
    You get the chest and keep either legs or gloves (depends on which one drops)
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Sounds good.

What should my next purchase be - should I buy belt/cloak or save for t10 in case of (my common) awful luck?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

As a Retribution Paladin, four pieces of T10 should be your number one priority. While any one piece of tier may not provide the same upgrade as a non-set item, the two and four set bonuses are what makes the items worth so much DPS. Ignore any of the people who have told you to buy anything else first, they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    Go for T10 first of all, and once you're going for a belt, do NOT choose Malevolent Girdle, Vengeful Noose is a hell of a lot better compared to it.
    Vengeful Noose is only better if you don't need the hit rating from the Malevolent Girdle, otherwise it's quite a lot worse.

So I can raid ICC.
    Hurr durrr you dont need t10 to raid a t10 instance.