Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Deepholm, Blue posts

Warriors will be turned into mages in cataclysm because they will be hitting 2 buttons and sometimes 3rd button if you have excessive rage.

One more reason not to play in cataclysm.

Well, let's enjoy WOTLK while it lasts...

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy
    beaut screenshot. i remember blizz said they were disappointed azjol-nerub wasn't a whole underground zone with an 'underdark' feel. seems like they are making up for it in deepholm
    That's exactly what I thought too. I still want them to go back and add Azjol proper but I accept that will probably never happen.

So would it be jumping to conclusions to think that since they're using PTR now to test content that will NOT be in 3.5 patch, that testing on 3.5 is complete? And that 3.5 will probably go live on Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka
    mushroom avatar tree
    I'm sooo glad someone said this... Right when I looked at that pic, I immediately thoght of Avatar

Deleted

I think Blizzard heard me when I said that the screenies seem to get more and more boring each day, cause this one's really nice! O:

Designing class balance for BG rather than arena just sounds really nice to me. I don't think that arenas are gonna die in Cata, Blizz wouldn't implement new arenas for free, players who battle in arena will still get some benefit from it, which is fair.

Still, and I admit it's subjective, WoW PvP has and will always be BG for me, it's much more in phase with the "RP" aspect of the game: great battles over large fields etc. Arenas look like a sport to me.

The shift to rated BG just confirms that Blizz wants to enable casual players to enjoy more of the game, get best PvP items etc. People can argue that Arenas require few matches a week, but it requires in fact much more involvement - just to find good teammates, to find synergy with players etc.

Tol barad PvP + rated BG's, no doubt we're gonna feel the first WoW spirit again

10+ Year Old Account

Just remove arena already, good lord. Sorry if you like 3s or 5s, but all it does is just cause bitching from everyone on class balance. It would be so much easier to balance PvP and PvE if they only had to worry about raiding and BG's, and not these tiny ass fights in arena.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Very pretty but honestly this place looks a little too similar to the fungal orc, nameless faceless areas of Moria. Mushrooms, color palette, rock formations.

just sayin

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Czar
    Is it me or are those dangly things in Deepholm very similar to those in Azjol Nerub / Old Kingdom / Under ICC?

hmmmm
    I thought it looked like the sacred tree in Avatar.

Pic is nice, Im just hoping my comp can handle all the graphic upgrades
    "Hehe, talk about low budget flights, no food or movies? Im outta here, I like running better."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam
    Just remove arena already, good lord. Sorry if you like 3s or 5s, but all it does is just cause bitching from everyone on class balance. It would be so much easier to balance PvP and PvE if they only had to worry about raiding and BG's, and not these tiny ass fights in arena.
    QFT, but then again I never liked arena personally anyway.

The texture of Cataclysm is fresh and unique, i can't wait till its there.

i want to see guild vs guild tournaments at blizzcon.

imagine sk gaming usa vs sk gaming korea, 40 vs 40 av.

holy crap that would be awesome.

balance pvp i laugh when i read those tow words...balance pvp
    IT WELL NEVER HAPPEN

because there well always be wining on forums and so on ...
    increase resilience cap and dabble resilience in pvp gear and then you have DAMAGE balance so when some one dies or loses a duel-fight-arena he doesn't full down 2shuted he falls down after he has a chance to do something and if this effect healers [making em OP] there already on GOD MODE .

hahahahahahahahahaha shadow priests using mind blast hmm good idea actually as shadow priests does not use mind blast anymore (at least not at higher gear) its pretty worthless as a mind flay crit does 7-7.5k damage while mind blast does 13k? and 6.4k normal hit
    you get 3 ticks pr 2 sec with mind flay and 1 tick pr 1 sec with mind blast, why even make it have a cd??? when the dps gain is so darn low and when you go above the haste cap the difference will be even bigger
    so yeah giving mind blast splash damage would not be so stupid

Them trying to add more and more people to "REAL" pvp to just muddle and hide the imbalances is lazy and will lead to bad gameplay. The people they should be listening to are the very high rated teams that arent there for there first time becuase there rolling some cheap and cheesey shit like double cleanse healer warr with shadowmorne. Fuck what it does to pve, who cares, all they do is pew pew boss's, as long as a tank can hold aggro, the dps class's can do some damage, and the healers keep people alive thats all the balance PVE needs, thats it, it doesnt need to get any more complicated than that, pvp however NEEDS to be balanced VERY VERY tightly with no holes.!!! for god sake make the pvp balance tight as a fucking tiger to make the game better, how hard is that to understand? why the long ass paragraph of blah blah blah, BALANCE PVP, top priority. Every class only needs one or 2 speccs, who cares about all 30 speccs, just make the ones that are pvp viable very closely balanced, fix the fucking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam
    Are you fucking retarded, thats the way shitty players feel, "get rid of the part that I suck at because it takes actual skill, make BG's a focus where I can hide in a big clusterfuck of people and not worry about actually knowing how to pvp" thats literally what you just said. Arena's even in there broken state are the absolute best part of the game. BG's fucking suck, they get boring really fuckin fast. Quality arena play you can do for 6 hours a day and have a blast. But obviously you dont know that because your one of these little fuckers that dont understand what the fuck your talking about but seem to have a baseless opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    Are you fucking retarded, thats the way shitty players feel, "get rid of the part that I suck at because it takes actual skill, make BG's a focus where I can hide in a big clusterfuck of people and not worry about actually knowing how to pvp" thats literally what you just said. Arena's even in there broken state are the absolute best part of the game. BG's fucking suck, they get boring really fuckin fast. Quality arena play you can do for 6 hours a day and have a blast. But obviously you dont know that because your one of these little fuckers that dont understand what the fuck your talking about but seem to have a baseless opinion anyway.
    I had a blast while reading this

I will say first off, that i do in fact have a SEARING HATRED of arena. I Love the atmosphere that large scale pvp offers because its such a rush to be able to multi-task and face many different opponents. When reduced to a small scale skirmish, it becomes lackluster.

Setting that aside, there are days that i admittedly would like to play arena, i want the option on the table, but i think making the rewards equally available through BGs and Arena would be the correct step.

Because I.Will.Not. Go back to grinding Arena points 30 games a night for a week again. Ever.

It's a Massive Multiplayer game for a reason, lets keep the emphasis on that.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by whetherman
    I will say first off, that i do in fact have a SEARING HATRED of arena. I Love the atmosphere that large scale pvp offers because its such a rush to be able to multi-task and face many different opponents. When reduced to a small scale skirmish, it becomes lackluster.

Setting that aside, there are days that i admittedly would like to play arena, i want the option on the table, but i think making the rewards equally available through BGs and Arena would be the correct step.

Because I.Will.Not. Go back to grinding Arena points 30 games a night for a week again. Ever.

It's a Massive Multiplayer game for a reason, lets keep the emphasis on that.
    No big battles are where using CC, and CC chains properly dissapear, If you are under 2500 3v3 than how are you going to make a negative comment on the amount of multitasking it requires?! A BG or huge battle is where everything that makes PVP in this game good quickly turns in 40 assholes spamming aoe's on eachother. Are you high?