New Pally Suggestions?

I've decided I want to start a Draenei/Human Paladin. I was planning on starting on a new Realm - Ravenholdt perhaps? - just to see what it's like to start something brand new without any high level alt/friend help.

Any suggestions for the early-game grind? What can I do to make it easier? Where should I quest? Is it suicide to start without at least heirloom items?
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Re: New Pally Suggestions?

level as prot till northrend maybe outland

Deleted

go ret up to SoC then tank instances as tret up to around level 50 were you should respecc full prot and keep tanking instances.
    If you dont like doing isntances for leveling just go ret and get glyph of SoC for leveling

Be prepared, the first 20 or so levels will be mind-numbingly boring.

If you can make it past that, it's great fun.

Level as ret is the fastest, but boring, I would till cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Antares
    I've decided I want to start a Draenei/Human Paladin. I was planning on starting on a new Realm - Ravenholdt perhaps? - just to see what it's like to start something brand new without any high level alt/friend help.

Any suggestions for the early-game grind? What can I do to make it easier? Where should I quest? Is it suicide to start without at least heirloom items?
    Yes! Join us at Ravenholdt! Best server ever, or at least one of the most lulzy.

OT: I agree with Pokemaster, I'd wait till Cataclysm, that way leveling is easier and when Cataclysm comes you won't be confused by playing WotLK pally mechanics.