Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Resto shaman gemming SP

Need some explanation why some do that, can't seem to find the info, is it something to do with tank healing spec.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Akir&cn=Silvie

Re: Resto shaman gemming SP

Yeah, but the question is, why this fellow shaman gemmed full sp.

10+ Year Old Account

Hes got 1k haste from gear alone, guess he felt fine with that amount.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I think he knows what he does, you don't get such a gear as noob

my guild runs with 2 resto shamans in raid i roll pure haste roughly 1200 and the other pure spell power and its neck and neck with the logs so its all preference imho.

Maybe he is tank healing
    I was a tank healer through t7-t9 and had to stack int /mp5 so again its probably just preference

Revitalizing instead of Insightful, Sliver instead of Solace, ~3% less crit and ~200 Haste from his supposed throughput on his gear according to Resto spreadsheets, and over 600 Spell Power more.

I'm guessing he's going for less burst and more sustainability. Either his raid has amazing tanks that don't get slapped around by H LK because of their gear, or he's preparing for something we're not aware of.

That, or he's just a badass that does things his own way. Probably that.

he has a terrible enhancement spec so he is probably bad at resto too

his guild carries him

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez

his guild carries him
    Somehow I don't believe any guild that has killed LK25HC is carrying anyone.
    Link your armory if you care to disagree.

Deleted

The only thing "wrong" with his Enhancement spec is 1 point in ISS which is unnecessary even unbuffed. Yeah... a whole point off!

Gonna enjoy reading the responses this gets though.

his guild carries him
    1) What is so "terrible" about his enhance spec?
    2) He's the best geared resto shaman on the server and 5th best geared toon in the guild. I highly doubt he's getting carried.

OT: Though the haste cap is nice to hit, it's not needed. More SP means bigger heals BEFORE crit is factored in, and huge heals after. If you're smart, you don't need to be fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Saronia
    There's nothing wrong with his Enhancement spec.
    Elemental Focus, 1/2 imp ss, Shamanistic Focus

all bad

all bad
    Or all good depending on his current gear and if he needs to save on mana...or maybe its a pve questing spec for dailies, in which he doesn't feel like always popping sham rage.

Nothing wrong with that spec, its just more mana conservative so he probably doesn't have the gear for that build yet to support replacing the talents with others for maxing dmg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

all bad
    Shamans without mana deals no damage.
    Probably a build he uses for trash mobs, or the daily heroic. On trash/in heroics you want to drop magma totem alot (sometimes even before it expires since you are moving), and you will use Fire Nova alot, he even has it glyphed.

Take your trolling elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account

Perhaps he's gemming funny to throw off all the people secretly stalking him o.O

Deleted

You know the no-extra-regen Enhancement build REQUIRES raidbuffs to function properly right? SF and EF could be dropped in an optimal raid build sure, but those 2 points remove any dependancy on raid setup. More for non raid play but is it his build.

Actually, raiding enha shammys don´t use/need those 3 things, at all. I don´t even need it for 10-mans, and the "optimal", max damage spec (go read EJ if you don´t believe me/the others that have posted here) is without any mana regen talents(exluding SR ofc). So, unless he is playing around in 5-mans, 10-mans without replenishment, his enha spec is wrong.
    Aaand back to the point, haste is a better throughput stat then SP, but i´m guessing his guild is at HC LK, where i have no extensive experience being resto, so dunno how the haste / SP play out there.

*Edit*
    That saying, all raiding guilds have pretty much all buffs needed for enhas to cope without the manaregen talents, hence choosing to take none is the highest dps spec.

15+ Year Old Account

To get to his main spec; this shaman, is a retard.

No matter how much you turn it up and down, haste is still the absolutely best stat, even if you're a baddie TANK HEALER YAY.
    He also have wrong meta gem for his gear setup, without 2x solace that meta gem hits the bottom.
    It's a shame, not the first time I've seen someone from Apex being clueless, guess the guild is just build on that.
    Sad that they have brain enough to kill Lich King but not how to gem/gear their classes. I'm sure it would make everything easier for them.

Bash him all you want he probably heals like a god. Noone gets that gear from being carried. yeesh link your resto toon after you bash his gemming/spec.

10+ Year Old Account

Hes prolly overhealing like a motherfucker lol. Resto shamans definetly dont need 4.1k sp and just imagine it with raidbuffs and procs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

With the 4 piece bonus, his chain heal can probably keep most of the raid topped off based on procs alone and if those heals proc the abacus thats some serious healing.

If it works it ain't dumb.