Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Resto shaman gemming SP

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa

Shamans without mana deals no damage.
    Probably a build he uses for trash mobs, or the daily heroic. On trash/in heroics you want to drop magma totem alot (sometimes even before it expires since you are moving), and you will use Fire Nova alot, he even has it glyphed.

Take your trolling elsewhere.
    lol except I've never ran out of mana during raids

shamanistic rage should be popped (w/ 2pc and haste enge enchant) every time it is up and even in my aoe rotation I cannot run out of mana in 10/25mans

as for heroics and farming, white damage is enough dps to down things (and he wouldn't daily heroic as dps as the queue is 12 mins to a healers <1 min anyway so, sup?)

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    lol except I've never ran out of mana during raids

shamanistic rage should be popped (w/ 2pc and haste enge enchant) every time it is up and even in my aoe rotation I cannot run out of mana in 10/25mans

as for heroics and farming, white damage is enough dps to down things (and he wouldn't daily heroic as dps as the queue is 12 mins to a healers <1 min anyway so, sup?)

I greatly dislike queuing to random heroics as healer. I rather wait 5-10min doing something else than running around the pack and /dancing after /casting every heal. It is entirely reasonable that his enhancement offspec is for random dungeons, not hardmode raiding.

It's a shame, not the first time I've seen someone from Apex being clueless, guess the guild is just build on that.
    True. While being as trial there about a year ago, I got an impression that Apex has achieved its rank as world top guild (was some top20 back then, I don't know about current situation) by spending more time than most top guilds rather than having more skilled players (not that they were bad, but "bad" compared to players of other top guilds).

That still doesn't mean his choice of gearing was uneducated, however. Healing, unlike DPS, is not based purely on mathematically best possible numbers. If such unorthodox way of gearing works for ANY boss, it is well justified. Unless there is strong consensus among restoration shamans that such way of gearing does not work on LK25HC (or some other ICC-hardmode. It is not totally unheard of to change gems between bosses), "lol spreadsheet says that geming haste would increase his performance by 0,1%!", cannot prove he does not know what he is doing.

15+ Year Old Account

Resto shamans is probably the healing class most based on mathematical numbers.
    As a guy mentioned already, 4,1k spellpower will only give him a lot of overhealing. You need to be haste capped, specially at that level on raiding to be competeable. Even as an assigned tank healer (which by the way is a waste of healer as shaman) you need to be able to help out when its needed, where it's needed and he simply can't be effective.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dv...m/healingDone/ this log basically screams for help, specially considering his amount of chain heals pushed out. Look at his HPS compared to his effective HPS. He cannot be reading up properly on his class.
    We all know it's effective that matters, not some pushy numbers.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dv...?s=2845&e=3034 this fight is sad, getting outhealed by a resto druid there is very palm.
    Oh well, a shame for himself and his guild but if it works for them then it works. Saying it's good is bullshit though, it's not about what you prefer. If you gem for spellpower then you simply don't want to be the best you can be, period.

Quote Originally Posted by lcarnegie
    Bash him all you want he probably heals like a god. Noone gets that gear from being carried. yeesh link your resto toon after you bash his gemming/spec.
    umm people do get that gear from being carried

a certain feral druid in a certain vanilla-famous guild is absoloutely horrid, but because she has the voice of a female she has really good gear...

I am a supporter of both GS and elitistgroup but you are just being silly thinking healbot + iccbuffs + having other healers/tanks/dps in the raid that aren't terrible = being good

10+ Year Old Account

I got around 1100 haste myself. Which is around MY soft haste cap if i add 25m raid buffs.

I usually just use Riptide with T10 2pc set bonus and then wait for when i need to cast a 1 sec HW.

Any more haste isnt worth it for me.

Dev.

I can see some conflicts in his choices.

He is using A riptide glyph, so one would assume, he uses riptide when off cooldown

His haste however is 267 below soft haste cap. (explained below. blatently stolen from EJ)

The soft haste cap for resto shamans is 1269 haste rating (38.7%). This is the number/percentage to aim for on your character sheet, assuming the raid buffs outlined below.

The soft haste cap refers to the amount of haste needed to lower the GCD from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds. No amount of haste (including Heroism/Bloodlust) will reduce the GCD below 1.0 seconds. However, it is considered a soft cap because additional haste rating will reduce the cast time of longer spells, such as Chain Heal.

At level 80, 50% haste (equivalent to 1639 haste rating) is required to reach a GCD of 1 second.

In most raids, you will have a total of 8.15% provided via raid buffs: 5% from Wrath of Air Totem + 3% from Improved Moonkin aura (balance druids) or Swift Retribution (retribution paladin). Haste is multiplicative so the total benefit is 8.15%. The remaining difference (equivalent to 1269 rating or 38.7%) must be made up for by gear.

1% haste means you will cast 1 additional spell in the time it would normally take to cast 100 spells. You do NOT cast 1% faster.

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t99442-s...#ixzz0pGR0RcqJ
    Then again, for most people that have attempted or killed LK HC know that it is a very unforgiving fight, specially when you consider he is in one of the 50 odd guilds that killed it before the 20% buff.
    I mean, doesn't that tell you something? he probably has some knowledge of his class, and how to play this game.

I myself prefer gemming haste, untill i do reach the soft cap. and then work on expanding my spell power.

But to each his own ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack
    Hes prolly overhealing like a motherfucker lol. Resto shamans definetly dont need 4.1k sp and just imagine it with raidbuffs and procs lol.
    Stop caring about overhealing
    Yeah, I know, not contributing to the thread but I just had to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    Resto shamans is probably the healing class most based on mathematical numbers.
    As a guy mentioned already, 4,1k spellpower will only give him a lot of overhealing. You need to be haste capped, specially at that level on raiding to be competeable. Even as an assigned tank healer (which by the way is a waste of healer as shaman) you need to be able to help out when its needed, where it's needed and he simply can't be effective.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dv...m/healingDone/ this log basically screams for help, specially considering his amount of chain heals pushed out. Look at his HPS compared to his effective HPS. He cannot be reading up properly on his class.
    We all know it's effective that matters, not some pushy numbers.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dv...?s=2845&e=3034 this fight is sad, getting outhealed by a resto druid there is very palm.
    Oh well, a shame for himself and his guild but if it works for them then it works. Saying it's good is bullshit though, it's not about what you prefer. If you gem for spellpower then you simply don't want to be the best you can be, period.
    It sound like you are trying to find something out of nothing to critizise people.
    1) hps and ehps are both important, it shows that hes got the extra throughput to deal with unexpected situation when required. (ie when 2 of your healers dying)
    2) Sure that hps on saurfang is important.
    3) What is your point? linking hps of overall performance throughout the night is pretty fail, also how did you manage to try to ignore that other healers did equally as low ehps, which most likely mean that they are over gearing/out playing the contents.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jx...m/healingDone/ maybe we could say the same for your low ehps there.

P.S. Yes, speccing for mana regen talents is pretty retarded for enh shaman which is geared, though, critizising peoples spec without seeing their gear first is ignorant.

hlk healing is about topping people off right now... he just wants to pop big heals, and haste cap vs that honestly isnt that big a differance. sims favor the haste but im running 1k on my shaman (gemming for haste due to lower gear) and i can honestly say i never feel like i need more ... definatly swaping to SP later

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HyDr@
    1) hps and ehps are both important, it shows that hes got the extra throughput to deal with unexpected situation when required. (ie when 2 of your healers dying)
    No that doesn't prove that at all actually, smart choice of words can confuse people mostly, but not in this case.

2) Sure that hps on saurfang is important.
    Probably one of the most intensive healing fights in Icecrown, so yeah, it's pretty important.

3) What is your point? linking hps of overall performance throughout the night is pretty fail, also how did you manage to try to ignore that other healers did equally as low ehps, which most likely mean that they are over gearing/out playing the contents.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jx...m/healingDone/ maybe we could say the same for your low ehps there.
    Yeah, I'm really deeply sorry for not linking the log for every boss fight, I thought people would have brains to look them through by themself but I see you failed to figure that out.

Now, since you don't how to use WoL, I'll link you the log from bosskills, given that I'm never there on trash:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jx...one/?enc=kills

Now, lets also talk about that I'm in a social guild (visit: http://symmetry.mine.nu/ to learn more) that use 7 healers on most fights cause we have to fill the raid with whatever we got compared to their 5 because they can.

Next time you try to trash someone, atleast look into things before you do it, please?

No that doesn't prove that at all actually, smart choice of words can confuse people mostly, but not in this case.
    Probably one of the most intensive healing fights in Icecrown, so yeah, it's pretty important.

Yeah, I'm really deeply sorry for not linking the log for every boss fight, I thought people would have brains to look them through by themself but I see you failed to figure that out.

Now, since you don't how to use WoL, I'll link you the log from bosskills, given that I'm never there on trash:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jx...one/?enc=kills

Now, lets also talk about that I'm in a social guild (visit: http://symmetry.mine.nu/ to learn more) that use 7 healers on most fights cause we have to fill the raid with whatever we got compared to their 5 because they can.

Next time you try to trash someone, atleast look into things before you do it, please?
    Care to elaborate on that? So you are saying that doing 4k hps (while overhealing shit loads) on ulduar means that you are bad because you have been doing 6k back in 3.1?

Since when is spamming healing on one target while browsing the net is healing intensive. Also, you can see that he havn't been healing marks on saurfang, where you were assigned to heal the first mark. Maybe you don't know, but healing assignments can affect the outcome of healing done and hps.

15+ Year Old Account

i do think he's just switched from haste though to find out a new way of healing (through SP) i for sure want to see how it would be like to heal ICC heroic with pure sp atleast. but for a laugh..
    But found him on WOL atleast and cant say it seems any spetacular (spelling)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gl...one/?enc=kills
    meh sense no make..

Quote Originally Posted by henern
    Stop caring about overhealing
    Yeah, I know, not contributing to the thread but I just had to say it.
    So you don't care that alot of that spell power is actually wasted? When he could gem haste, actually get to the soft haste cap and see his heals actually become faster? If he was already at the soft cap, then I can imagine extra haste or maybe spell power might be an idea, it wouldn't matter so much. But to me it is strange how someone prefers to go for throughput without actually realising how much more HPS they could get my getting to the soft cap. Even if he is tank healing, which I highly doubt in any top 25 man guild, he should be going crazy on haste if his primary heal is chain heal.

Eel i hope you have read the logs carefully and noticed, that he was getting outhealed by the legendary mace of the druid.
    Furthermore the setup aint classic for LK heroic. You just dont know how the setup/gearing is based on the guild tactic, without asking him. There are so much possebilities:

-testing
    -setup based
    -just making fun

I guess you dont know him, but youre sure he must be a noob. eh ? What is your point at all ? For myself i find the gearing aswell abit unusual, but judgeing this player just by the armory is probably the worst thing you can do. Even more, gearing only based of a spreadsheet and not on your raid conditions is absolutly fail. Haste is not always "the way" at the Lich King encounter. Infestheal is based on timers and so his for exsample chainheal will land perfectly with 2000 haste or 1000 haste, if hes a good player. If the Paladin needs a massiv bomb support on the tanks, then what the hell should be wrong with his gemming ? They run with 1 Holypaladin and 2 shamans. This is really uncommon.
    I dont know your guild progression, but everyone in a raidguild will gem/gear/specc for the Lich King Encounter, just because hes the progression in Icc. Or do you really think he cares about ehps @ marrowgar ?

Ok, so I don't have any math to back this up, but it's a theory and I think it could explain it:

In ICC normal right now, I'm finding that the damage is such that I need a high amount of haste to actually get heals off before HoTs etc heal up most of the damage, especially so with the 15% buff (haven't raided with the 20% yet due to exams).
    However, if you're doing heroic LK, presumably the damage is bordering on the insane so even if other healers get off a heal or HoTs tick on people before his heal goes off, there's still plenty of health yet to be healed, and thus sp becomes more valuable due to less overhealing.

P.S. Including my armory, so people can see I'm not just taking a guess in terms of what healing the normal is like: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&cn=Krott
    P.P.S. Yes, at time of writing I'm over the haste soft cap and thus my gemming is off, but I'm in the process of fixing this

15+ Year Old Account

Care to elaborate on that? So you are saying that doing 4k hps (while overhealing shit loads) on ulduar means that you are bad because you have been doing 6k back in 3.1?
    Care to explain what this has to do with anything?

Since when is spamming healing on one target while browsing the net is healing intensive. Also, you can see that he havn't been healing marks on saurfang, where you were assigned to heal the first mark. Maybe you don't know, but healing assignments can affect the outcome of healing done and hps.
    I'm not sure if that was a question or a statement, either way thats a healer not doing his job.
    I can see that he haven't been healing marks yes, I wonder why..
    But I also know that paladins are the best tank healers, not shamans and there sure is a big difference between beacon and no beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunja
    I guess you dont know him, but youre sure he must be a noob. eh ? What is your point at all ? For myself i find the gearing aswell abit unusual, but judgeing this player just by the armory is probably the worst thing you can do.
    This brings me back to his meta gem ^

Also, just to point out. I never said he was a bad player, infact I said the opposite, but he does have wrong gems for a resto shaman to be and in my eyes he's making a bad example.

Also, just to point out. I never said he was a bad player, infact I said the opposite, but he does have wrong gems for a resto shaman to be and in my eyes he's making a bad example.
    I could write something here... but I just cba since your enourmous ego will just try to spell reflect it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kirderf
    I could write something here... but I just cba since your enourmous ego will just try to spell reflect it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUF9_...eature=related

Hopefully you have one fine piece of ass since I hope you arent getting your enourmous ego from playing WoW :/

I just always find it stupid that people actually post healing meters to try and prove that someone is good/bad. I mean, even EHPS doesn't tell you if you healed "that guy who was dying" or if you healed "those guys who were around 70%". In healing, it usually matters most, where, when and WHO you heal. Even someone who wouldn't heal except if someone goes low, could be a better healer than that who keeps peeps topped all the time. Sure he would be slacking, but he would also prevent deaths, and that is healers job.

But back to topic: On LK hc fight, I could imagine spellpower gemming could be very nice. Remember, infest does have a cast time, so you can time your first chain heal there. Then, just use riptide to someone who needs topping, and cast another hasted, powerful chain heal. And after that, you pretty much sit still, avoiding those shadowtraps and maybe assisting tank healing if needed (with setbonus his HW should be still ~1.0sec cast time so he just throws out some riptides and waits if big heal is needed). If you look at it this way, haste gemming could seem actually worse, since most of the times, disc priest shields absorb enough damage so you don't need to heal them, but if someone does get the infest, they need to be topped with 1 or 2 spells. I was healing on LK hc myself a few times, and I can tell that no amount of haste helps you if you can't top someone from 20%--->100% with one spell, if the infest gets to tick for some time already.

So yeah, maybe he just has gemmed for LK hc, and doesn't care about the other faceroll content.