Hunter PVP melee weapons.

I'm currently running around with <a href="http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.x...>Bloodfall</a>, but I see most arena playing hunters running around with two one-handers. Usually two axes from ICC. Is there a reason for this? Because spreadsheet wise it is worse for pure dps.

Deleted

Re: Hunter PVP melee weapons.

Maybe they dont like being disarmed? Take a weaponchain and a 2nd enchant.

10+ Year Old Account

Its for shorter disarm durations. Weapon chain and 65 ap.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

in TBC, some hunters dualwielded weapons with +30int enchants, not sure if its related.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Its for shorter disarm durations. Weapon chain and 65 ap.
    You still get better offensive stats with 2h enchanted with weapon chain.
    Main reason for using 2x 1handers is because of disarm spells that only disarm your -mainhand- which allows you to still deterrence even while disarmed.

I did it because I didn't want to put a Weapon Chain on my PvE Weapon. And dual-weapons looks cool. ;D

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ane&cn=Daginni

Deleted

I'm using 2H Sword with Titanium wep chain on it . It's really good tbh

You can deterance(name?) while disarmed with 2 weapons.

Everything is for a hunter for every occasion
    Pata pata pata pon. Pata pata pata pon. pon pon pata DIE*stabstabstab*

Quote Originally Posted by macke
    You can deterance(name?) while disarmed with 2 weapons.
    Only disarms that affect the mainhand, like psychic horror. iirc, dismantle still disables it because it removes all weapons, but don't quote me on that.

DW is mainly for being able to detterence while disarmed by Spriest, hunters, and warriors. other then that it's looks and not enchanting your PVE 2 hander for pvp. plus usually people run off hand PVP Main hand PVE. with the pvp off hand with wep chain and pve main hand 65 ap

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Only disarms that affect the mainhand, like psychic horror. iirc, dismantle still disables it because it removes all weapons, but don't quote me on that.
    Dont know about shadow priests atm, didnt run into one for a long time, but fire mages will show you no mercy.
    Hunters and warriors definitly have inferior disarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia
    fire mages will show you no mercy.
    fire mages will show you
    fire mages
    Forgive me, but what?? If a fire mage is showing you no mercy, it's not because of the fire mage.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil
    Forgive me, but what?? If a fire mage is showing you no mercy, it's not because of the fire mage.
    I believe he means the EXTREMELY annoying disarm that happens when you critical strike them. Their disarm will screw your deterrence regardless of dual wielding, like dismantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp
    plus usually people run off hand PVP Main hand PVE.
    Unless the weapon specifically states Main Hand or Off Hand I don't see what this PvE = Main, PVP = Off has to do with anything. You still get the stats regardless of your weapon disarmed, the only thing you do lose is the capability of using spells that require a weapon(Deterrence, Wing Clip, and the like). So why would it matter if you have a PvE weapon in your main hand and not your off?
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    I believe he means the EXTREMELY annoying disarm that happens when you critical strike them. Their disarm will screw your deterrence regardless of dual wielding, like dismantle.
    This thread was about disarming (well, indirect about protection against), so that was the point of my post, yes.

Also, the reason some hunters get offhand pvp weapons is because they cost much fewer arena points than the mainhand.

t2 mainhand=3300 arena points
    t2 offhand= 1370 arena points