Regarding Prot Pally Leveling

so i've decided to start leveling a paladin as retri/protection, just asking;Are you supposed to do quests as prot or just farm mobs to level? I don't really get it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Regarding Prot Pally Leveling

Uhh.. do quests?

Uhh randoms?

Deleted

Do quests.
    And dungeons.

But spec ret until at least 40. You'll:
    Be just as good as long as you're wearing a shield.
    Run out of mana less with Glyph of SoComm.
    Eat bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie
    Do quests.
    And dungeons.

But spec ret until at least 40. You'll:
    Be just as good as long as you're wearing a shield.
    Run out of mana less with Glyph of SoComm.
    Eat bananas.
    wut

I used LFD at about lvl 16 where you get consecration. After that: instant dungeons and imba tanking all the way!

ret is better, right click mob and remember to use judgement and AoW proces

Quote Originally Posted by Exxypo
    so i've decided to start leveling a paladin as retri/protection, just asking;Are you supposed to do quests as prot or just farm mobs to level? I don't really get it.
    ^
    In actuality, I had that question pre-BC, in terms to figure out the proper leveling. Many times i was told to level as holy spec, but I think with the huge changes per BC and then WoTLK, ret would be your best choice to level until you manage to get to 40 for that lovely Holy Shield ability. Although, I have seen tanks just stay ret with 1H and a shield and using Seal of Command. It's really all up to your opinion and preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ademonium
    I used LFD at about lvl 16 where you get consecration. After that: instant dungeons and imba tanking all the way!
    Its actually level 20 for consecration, which makes the 15-20 random dungeon grind pretty painful.

LFD, all the way to 80.
    Instant queues most of the time, easy tanking. Most of the DPS you'll get are bad, but it won't matter, isnce prot pallies do very good damage on multiple mobs pulls. Don't be surprised to see you do 50% or more total damage.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I started doing LFD at level 20 as prot, had absolutely no problem keeping agro, pull with exorcism, conc, and judge, just keep on swinging til they are dead!

Iam lvl 57 now, with 1days 2 hours played and iam almost 58

LFD owns!

Quest quest LFD Quest quest quest LFD... Get a healer friend at your level and stick to him and you will probably have instant queues all the time, and the blue item rewards are just insane, best upgrades ever implented for levling purposes, after heirlooms that is