Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you want Dungeon Sets in Cata?

In Vanilla WoW there were the 8p Dungeon sets that could be further upgraded

Burning Crusade you had your two types of Dungeon sets EX: Warriors had Bold for tanking, and Doomplate for DPS (Not limited only to warriors, <3utopallys)

Honestly I considered the Dungeon sets in WotLK to be our T7 10/25 man gear. There weren't any actual sets to gear up for from 5 mans, and the Tier 7 was just a remake of Tier 3 while also being extraordinarily easy to get.

Cataclysm? Would you like to see actual Dungeon sets come back? Or keep it the way it is now.

Re: Do you want Dungeon Sets in Cata?

No, because Epics will be easier to get.

I would love the idea.

And not like you can get epix with the badge system now in WotLK. The system in TBC was perfect.

Yes please.
    You know your addicted to WoW when your microwave goes ding and you say gratz.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthiad
    I would love the idea.

And not like you can get epix with the badge system now in WotLK. The system in TBC was perfect.
    The choice of epics at the end but there were also Dungeon Sets <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere outside McDonalds, free internet

well i want dungeon sets back in Cata if the epics will be hard to get, but if epics is going to as easy to get in wotlk then mabye not

Deleted

It would be nice if the players atcually had to progress through dungeons and heroics instead of just straight off go into raiding and free epix.

No.

The idea of having a pre raid set to get before you start the raids that will be launched with Cataclysm is actually kind of neat. Having class specific gear drop off bosses, especially 5 man bosses, is something that I don't like at all.

The token system is probably the best thing ever, as far as I feel about set gear.

I know the gear in TBC wasn't restricted to classes by equip, but it usually was by the set bonuses. The stats on warlock dungeon gear were alright for a mage, but the 2pc bonus damage to seed of corruption was not.

Also, I don't think the badge = epic situation is going to be anywhere near what it is now. A lot of people, and I mean a lot of people like to complain about how you can get epics for badges so easily right now, just by grinding heroics or whatever.

This a valid point, but they never point out how badge items were actually somewhat tedious to get when WOTLK was first going, how you had to save and save for weeks sometimes to get an item, how it was at the time a nice way to ensure gear despite boss drops (in other words RNG), and that now in its current state is simply a way to allow people who are behind in gear and just starting/coming back to wow to catch up really quick and get into raids.

The dungeon -> heroic -> raid progression felt a little better at the beginning of wrath, and got a little out of hand towards the end( so atm, and until Cataclysm).

Blizzard has already stated their plan to prevent the overkill that was 5 different badges, coming out at different times with different tiers of content, so I don't think dungeon sets are really going to be needed. But who knows?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Strippárn
    well i want dungeon sets back in Cata if the epics will be hard to get, but if epics is going to as easy to get in wotlk then mabye not
    because everyone was decked out in full epics before the badge system allowed it, amirite?

Yes, seeing as the first tier of "points" will be eqivilent to dungeon gear until 4.1 I would like blizzard to introduce a dungeon set for my alts.

would love it

15+ Year Old Account

i dunno about you, but i did have to "progress" to get into a guild that was any type of good. they aren't gonna just let any scrub in with any type of gear, usually they set a bar. superior achieve, epic achieve, mostly epics.

if the guild doesn't set a bar, then the people who invest more into the game are just carrying the others.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

A set specific to each archetype would be nice. Likelihood it'd happen? Probably. Reason: Makes the game more accessible to those who didn't start Cata with Epics while still keeping somewhat Par with those people as well as upgrading said Epic'd people somewhat as well.

15+ Year Old Account

The Blue Dungeon Tier should be bought with Hero Points
    :3

Yes please. And give quests to make some of the pieces epic, like it was in Vanilla.

Still remember my first Heroism epics.. Good times 8)

Let's analyze your phrase, shall we? Yes, you can get epix with badges, but that's a good thing. How many people in your server do full clears of Naxxramas? How many people did it even back at Ulduar, when epics were harder to get? Now imagine this poor fresh lvl 80, in a world where everyone is in ilvl 245~264 gear. How will he ever do ICC if there is nobody to do Naxxramas, Ulduar and ToC with him? He would stay in blues forever. Plus, epics are overrated. The only difference between an epic and an uncommon item is that one is purple and the other is green, it's only a color. How many people you see in full ilvl 277? How many people has at least one ilvl 284 item? So I guess to get gear is not so easy after all.

By the way, I don't know what TBC you played, but in the one I played, to get epics was as easy as now.

15+ Year Old Account

I would love the idea.

It wasn't at all, as a Shadow Priest I spent most of TBC in the Frozen Shadow Weave set.
    :3

I would love the idea.

no, the system in tBC was actually pretty much fail, because blue items from even nonheroics were better than epics from Kara (example I never forgot were blue caster druid shoulders over epic ones from Curator...) and they had to boost epics to be actually worthy upgrades over 5man content. Not to mention lot of epics from heroics and trainable crafts (Hello tailor sets) were much better (even with way lower ilevel) than t5/t6 content items. I clearly remember having pants from H Underbog untill SWP isle went live, because there was no upgrade and all three tier legs sucked, itemization was terribly flawed...

I prefer the current/Cata system over tBC fail non-system any day of the week, thanks.

What i would like to see is a short questline for each heroic to get you the dungeon set, just so it feels less grindy(as apposed to only being able to qeue once a day for it and having a 20% drop chance), sort of like what they did with t0.5

10+ Year Old Account

As long as the original is a blue, and the upgrade quest is time consuming. then im all for it.

I also like it being obtained in dungeons as opposed to being crafted >.<
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

15+ Year Old Account

I'd love Blizzard to use the Dungeon Set concept in Cataclysm. It feels more of an accomplishment to gather the whole set pre-raiding than some random pieces from some random Dungeon.