Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Do you want Dungeon Sets in Cata?

I would love the idea of a instance set!
    Loved it back in vanilla, and in burning crusade. Would love to see it again in cataclysm. Makes players work more in normal/heroic dungeons and give them time before they progress to first tier of raiding.
    Not like in wotlk so it's gonna be zomg two heroic epix, gief KZ 25 man group naw!

Deleted

nice idea ;D

I would enjoy seeing dungeon sets once more.

I want them, but I want them epic.
    The levels could be like:
    dungeon set : 320
    T11: 330
    T11H: 340

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    I want them, but I want them epic.
    The levels could be like:
    dungeon set : 320
    T11: 330
    T11H: 340
    I would be daring enough to say the reason dungeon sets are why they ARE dungeon sets is because they are rare, not epic. Of course there will be possible none set epics from end bosses in 5 man H that may be better just as there were in BC. If they made dungeon sets epic there wouldn't be a point to it being called a "Dungeon Set"

I might be wrong, but the tier sets are the dungeon sets now.
    Since you are getting the needed currency for getting those sets by doing simple heroic dungeons, T7-9 can in fact be considered as dungeon sets. This is just a new way for blizzard to introduce these sets, while the game improves, those sets does as well. I'm not saying I'm fond of that, since it means we will be skipping content like Naxx and Ulduar, where Ulduar is most likely one of the best raid instances they have made.

In short, the tier sets are now dungeon sets, but I feel they should have stopped at t7.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker
    I might be wrong, but the tier sets are the dungeon sets now.
    Since you are getting the needed currency for getting those sets by doing simple heroic dungeons, T7-9 can in fact be considered as dungeon sets. This is just a new way for blizzard to introduce these sets, while the game improves, those sets does as well. I'm not saying I'm fond of that, since it means we will be skipping content like Naxx and Ulduar, where Ulduar is most likely one of the best raid instances they have made.

In short, the tier sets are now dungeon sets, but I feel they should have stopped at t7.
    I have to at least half agree, especially since t7 was as easy as walking in and taking it to be ready for Ulduar.

But for things like t9/10 yea you get the lowest tier of the 3 simply by getting the badges for it but that's in order to build them up into what the tier sets full capabilities could be. Dungeon sets are SUPPOSED to be farmed out from doing heroics (not purchased from emblems or points).

Sadly, we all know that blizzard left the path of bc when there really was player's raid progression through all tiers even at the end of bc. It's a shame that they waste so much created content only for new players to be able to jump straight into the highest raid tier cause "everyone should experience everything in wow WITH NO FUCKING EFFORT".
    Everyone CAN experience everything in wow, only difference in vanilla and bc was that people actually had to aquire some skill and spend some time at their hobby no. 1 to enjoy it.

I would LOVE to see that come back cause i hate the whole "farming heroics for badges for full epic gear in 2 days" concept that exists now.
    Blue dungeon sets that take some time to get replaced by raiding gear would be perfect, divided in all the armor classes and specs that were already mentioned in this thread.

And yes, I QQ about wotlk being easy with my BIG pink nostalgia glasses on

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vando
    Sadly, we all know that blizzard left the path of bc when there really was player's raid progression through all tiers even at the end of bc. It's a shame that they waste so much created content only for new players to be able to jump straight into the highest raid tier cause "everyone should experience everything in wow WITH NO FUCKING EFFORT".
    Everyone CAN experience everything in wow, only difference in vanilla and bc was that people actually had to aquire some skill and spend some time at their hobby no. 1 to enjoy it.

I would LOVE to see that come back cause i hate the whole "farming heroics for badges for full epic gear in 2 days" concept that exists now.
    Blue dungeon sets that take some time to get replaced by raiding gear would be perfect, divided in all the armor classes and specs that were already mentioned in this thread.

And yes, I QQ about wotlk being easy with my BIG pink nostalgia glasses on
    hehe not sure if troll or not but tBC's progression was: Hit 70 > Crafted Gear > Kara once or twice > ZA > BT and spam Mechanar and daily for Sunwell Badge gear.
    :3

Jup, replace badges for dungeon sets again .

The real problem is the whole concept of "Uncommon-Rare-Epic"

Uncommons are REALLY common... and Epics are more comon than Rares.

They actually HAD Dungeon sets in BC.. remember sets like:

Righteous Armor (0/5)
    Breastplate of the Righteous
    Gauntlets of the Righteous
    Helm of the Righteous
    Legplates of the Righteous
    Spaulders of the Righteous

(2) Set: Your Consecration ability costs 15% less mana.
    (4) Set: Reduces the cooldown on your Righteous Defense ability by 2 sec.

And they were only mildly popular.. because it was all about gearing to raid... and getting there fast meant gear planning and boss shopping.

NOW it's not.

Case in point.. I just leveled an alt... Shadow Priest 1-80 in a couple weeks. At 80 I donned crafted chest, bracers, belt, boots and gloves.. all epics 226-245 except the gloves were 200. I had the staff and 2 trinkets from BoA. I could have crafted a cloak, ring and neck too.. all 200.

So here I was almost epic'd out and NEVER set foot in a dungeon. THEN I ran randoms for 3 days until I bought a 4 set T9 (Helm, Shoulders, legs and gloves)... and also a couple targeted instances to get a weapon, offhand, wand, ring, etc....

So.. now I am close to getting the "Epic" achievement.. and STILL haven't raided with the toon and am only 5 actual days being 80. I am hit capped and doign 4-5k+ dps. I will NOW pug ICC 10/25 first 4-6 bosses... and start replacing gear to 251.

It's easy.. it's fast.. and for many of us an AWESOME way to gear up toons and start raiding with them. I CERTAINLY don;t want to have to grind dungeon sets for my alts... and yet... epics are WAYYYYYY to easy to get and newer peeps have no NEED to either.

I guess what I am saying is... Epics are no longer Epic... and gearing is sooo fast... Blue Dungeon sets would be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arck908
    I would be daring enough to say the reason dungeon sets are why they ARE dungeon sets is because they are rare, not epic. Of course there will be possible none set epics from end bosses in 5 man H that may be better just as there were in BC. If they made dungeon sets epic there wouldn't be a point to it being called a "Dungeon Set"

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent
    The real problem is the whole concept of "Uncommon-Rare-Epic"

Uncommons are REALLY common... and Epics are more comon than Rares.

They actually HAD Dungeon sets in BC.. remember sets like:

Righteous Armor (0/5)
    Breastplate of the Righteous
    Gauntlets of the Righteous
    Helm of the Righteous
    Legplates of the Righteous
    Spaulders of the Righteous

(2) Set: Your Consecration ability costs 15% less mana.
    (4) Set: Reduces the cooldown on your Righteous Defense ability by 2 sec.

And they were only mildly popular.. because it was all about gearing to raid... and getting there fast meant gear planning and boss shopping.

NOW it's not.

Case in point.. I just leveled an alt... Shadow Priest 1-80 in a couple weeks. At 80 I donned crafted chest, bracers, belt, boots and gloves.. all epics 226-245 except the gloves were 200. I had the staff and 2 trinkets from BoA. I could have crafted a cloak, ring and neck too.. all 200.

So here I was almost epic'd out and NEVER set foot in a dungeon. THEN I ran randoms for 3 days until I bought a 4 set T9 (Helm, Shoulders, legs and gloves)... and also a couple targeted instances to get a weapon, offhand, wand, ring, etc....

So.. now I am close to getting the "Epic" achievement.. and STILL haven't raided with the toon and am only 5 actual days being 80. I am hit capped and doign 4-5k+ dps. I will NOW pug ICC 10/25 first 4-6 bosses... and start replacing gear to 251.

It's easy.. it's fast.. and for many of us an AWESOME way to gear up toons and start raiding with them. I CERTAINLY don;t want to have to grind dungeon sets for my alts... and yet... epics are WAYYYYYY to easy to get and newer peeps have no NEED to either.

I guess what I am saying is... Epics are no longer Epic... and gearing is sooo fast... Blue Dungeon sets would be a waste of time.

This is all implying that the second you hit 85 you'll be able to do the same thing, which I suppose you *somewhat* could but the gear you obtained would be exactly what you needed to do the highest level raid content released at that point. Had you leveled that priest to 80 as soon as WotLK had been released, no you wouldn't be in 100% epics a week after hitting 80.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I think it would be awesome, I miss the gap from rare to epic tbh and even though the raids are easy nowadays it still takes an eternity to gather people and complete the 10+ bosses.

10+ Year Old Account

No,ty.

Deleted

Id love iv that would happen but i have to agree with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gindry
    No, because Epics will be easier to get.
    So i doubt they will even bother to do any additional set.

I loved collecting the dungeon set on my priest back at the start of tbc. It would make a nice addition, but for most players they only use the items for a couple of weeks until they get some raid gear.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

This post gave me a great idea:

And yes I want dungeon sets!!!

Well, here is my idea

Launch:
    Blue quality ilvl 300 dungeon 4 set that can be obatined by doing heroics/normals
    Limited amount of welfare epics because loot from heriocs should be enough for entry raids
    Patch 4.1
    Epic quality ilvl 313 ilvl dungeon 5 set availabe for T2 badges

Patch 4.2
    Epic quality 326 ilvl dungeon set available for T2 badges, dungeon 5 set moves to T1 badges

etc.

Deleted

ONE FUCKING HUGE YES!

Okay, to be serious.

Yes, yes, yes. I always loved the sets, and i don't really understand the deal about the bonuses being class specific... It doesn't have to drop from bosses, it could be a questline, where you had to do such and such in this dungeon and then some other dungeons. And as the guy above me suggested, add better/make it upgradeable, would be awesome. Ofc it shouldn't be better than the Set gear from raids, but still.

The problem would be that because of the set bonuses it would end up being mandatory, thus why the bonuses shouldn't be *too* awesome.

An example could be rogues:

*Name of Rogue dungeon set*

Set bonus(2): Sinister strike or mutilate have a chance of decreasing the energy cost of your next Eviscerate or Envenom, by 5 (6 seconds cooldown)

or something like that, wouldn't be huge, but still nice

at the end of the day, i'd just really like to see the dungeon sets back in-game, in whatever form it might be.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Bring Back normal dungeons
    - When people first hit 85 they should be doing normal dungeons and not heroics.
    - Normal dungeons would reward you with dungeon set & other stuff obviously.
    - These items would help you to beat the easiest heroics while the hardest ones would still require some first tier raiding gear.

2. Make couple really hard heroics
    - HC shattered halls and Arcatraz... those were so epicly hard back in TBC
    - The hardest heroics would be pretty impossible without the gear from easier heroics / first raid tier
    - The hardest heroics would reward with something still used in next raid tier, good trinkets, necks etc.

Couple extremely hard 5mans would really do wonders. I remember in TBC when no1 actually needed stuff from HC shattere balls,
    but we were still trying to do it just because it was so damn hard and we wanted to beat the dungeon.