Thread: new racials?

new racials?

I heard some rumors a long time ago, that there will be some new racials. is it true? and if there are gonna be new racials is there any info about them yet?

Re: new racials?

They're redoing racials for Cataclysm. No real info yet though.

well I hope I get something else then shadowmeld kinda boring...
    but i'm glad they are redoing it! :-*

Shadowmeld is extremely useful. Compare it to any of the Dwarf racials. Yeah, Dwarves need a serious racial makeover.

It was actually clarified in a blue post that they simply intend to "rework" existing racials, not redesign them all from scratch. Though with that said I won't be surprised to see a few completely new ones, or certain old ones disappear (track treasure).
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account

Remember all those chests in WotLK? I don't.

Yeah they rework racials in every expansion. Well, these two at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff
    Remember all those chests in WotLK? I don't.

Yeah they rework racials in every expansion. Well, these two at least.
    They already mentioned that Dwarven racials (Find Treasure) will likely have something to do with Archaeology.

They also mentioned they want all racials on par for how fun/useful the Goblin racials will be. So a lot of races will need work.

I remember when Treasure Finding was actually useful. Back in classic, before they nerfed chests.

In the 2009 blizzcon they said they wanted to rework the current racials to match the racials of Worgen's / Goblin's

Well then, what would you like to see?

Humans will almost certainly see their racial change YET AGAIN. And that will probably be for the better. Sick of seeing high-end PVE gear in arenas. What will they get? Anyone's guess, but I'd like to see something offensive.

I'd like to see Gift of the Naaru be less of a joke, Arcane Torrent go away, and Dwarf racials get a complete makeover. Would be nice if some racials (Shadowmeld, even War Stomp and the CC breaks) had usefulness in raids.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda
    Well then, what would you like to see?

Humans will almost certainly see their racial change YET AGAIN. And that will probably be for the better. Sick of seeing high-end PVE gear in arenas. What will they get? Anyone's guess, but I'd like to see something offensive.

I'd like to see Gift of the Naaru be less of a joke, Arcane Torrent go away, and Dwarf racials get a complete makeover. Would be nice if some racials (Shadowmeld, even War Stomp and the CC breaks) had usefulness in raids.

Shadowmeld certainly helps with threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    They also mentioned they want all racials on par for how fun/useful the Goblin racials will be. So a lot of races will need work.
    Aye. This has me pretty excited.

Ultimately I'd rather there weren't racials, but selectable "character backgrounds" that gives you the same bonuses. This would largely remove any conflict between form & function when chosing a race/class combo.

Draenei's should get "Crystalization", like a mages icetomb but a giant exodar-ish crystal.

lets just hope gnome racials stay the same :0
    Im a wawiur
    http://stompingnerds.blogspot.com/ ill blog about what you want
    wish my post count was as high as yours

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda
    Arcane Torrent go away,
    Blood Elves already have one less racial than every other race in the game.

Oh, yes, Ghostcrawler mentioned that Alliance will likely lose Heroic Presence. Muahaha. Now Alliance has to gear up with the same amount of hit as Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bilgewater Leader

Shadowmeld certainly helps with threat.
    If you play a melee class and pass the tank on threat, you die before you can Meld. You could meld before passing him, but you could also stop attacking with an identical effect. It's redundant for Hunters, so we have ... Priests and Moonkin?

The only use of Meld I've ever seen in a raid is when an OT's taunt is resisted and the MT needs to dump aggro. And if the tank's a feral Druid, it's too risky to use anyway.

I'm sure someone can point out a couple more situational uses, but the fact remains that it's almost as lackluster as Stoneform on your Holy Priest.

I think the 2% resist spells and Torrent more than make up for it. Would you prefer to dock that to 1% resist and give 'em Find Mana Potions instead?

I just find the additional silence to be silly on Paladins, Rogues, and now, Warriors.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Oh, yes, Ghostcrawler mentioned that Alliance will likely lose Heroic Presence. Muahaha. Now Alliance has to gear up with the same amount of hit as Horde.
    Plus the removal of the hit debuffs from SP's and Moonkins so that you do not need to juggle your gear around who attends a raid.

I can see something like the +Intellect for gnomes going away, since it is caster specific, and with the changes to the stats +5% intellect with the associated spellpower increase could be a bit imbalanced.
    Generally with alliance having defensive, and horde having more offensive racials then it is more than time they were evened out a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, Worgens have sprint, Goblins have a portable Bank. hopefully *crosses fingers* Blizzard will bring back [Plainsrunning] for taurens ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r
    It was actually clarified in a blue post that they simply intend to "rework" existing racials, not redesign them all from scratch. Though with that said I won't be surprised to see a few completely new ones, or certain old ones disappear (track treasure).
    Track Treasure is staying, they want it to work with Archeaology.