All-in one Taunt macro

While leveling I found out about mouseover macro's and when I got them to work with Taunts aswell I was addicted.

I've created a one-button bind to use Hand of Reckoning on enemy's and Righteous Defense on friendly's.
    It works fine, altough I started thinking about how Righteous Defense can be used on enemy's aswell. I believe they incorporated this in the spell some time ago, whereas you first had to make a [target=targettarget] macro for it to work.

What I'd like my macro to do is the following:
    - Cast HoR when mousing over an enemy.
    - Cast RD when mousing over a friendly.
    - Cast RD when mousing over anything, but when control is pressed.

This is what I have now but it doesn't seem to work:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists,nomod] Hand of Reckoning
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists,nomod] Righteous Defense
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@mouseover,harm] Righteous Defense
    I hope someone knows of a way to make it work, since on occasion it will be faster to mouse over the mob and click taunt than to find the player in my raid frames (when Hand of Reckoning is on cooldown of course). An example here is the Blood Beasts on Saurfang.

I have also tried a "/cast [mod:ctrl,@mouseover,target=targettarget] Righteous Defense" but that also didn't work.

If it all possible it would be great if there is no need for the [mod:ctrl]. Maybe with a "/castsequence" line with "reset=8". But up till now I'm quite clueless to do that since "/cast [mod:ctrl,@mouseover,harm] Righteous Defense" doesn't even work.

Re: All-in one Taunt macro

I'm pretty sure you need to add a 'nomodifier: ctrl' in your first 2 lines else it will not check whether or not ctrl is pressed an always use the first line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    I'm pretty sure you need to add a 'nomodifier: ctrl' in your first 2 lines else it will not check whether or not ctrl is pressed an always use the first line.
    I've taken care of that with the "nomod" command so that's not it. If I hold control and mouseover an enemy it does change to the RD icon but then when I click it, nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure you need spaces after commas in macros. I'm not sure the "exists" argument does very much here.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, harm, @mouseover] Hand of Reckoning; [nomod, help, @mouseover] Righteous Defense
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover] Righteous Defense
    I didn't know RD worked on enemies... I will have to look into this.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

CTRL is the default key for casting targets on your focus, so you can't use it as a modifier in macros (it will default to trying to cast on your focus). You have two options - change your focus cast key or use another modifier in your macro (I'd go with alt, personally).

If you want to cast Righteous Defense on -anything- when you have ctrl pressed, you don't want the harm in that conditional. The whole macro can also be shortened to this:

/cast [@mouseover, harm, nomod] Hand of Reckoning; [@mouseover, help, nomod] [mod:ctrl, @mouseover, exists] Righteous Defense

I don't see any reason to use [harm], it's not like you can accidentally HoR a raid member and blow him up. RD works on enemies as well now so you don't need any fancy shit there either. This should work:

/cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover] Righteous Defense; [@mouseover] Hand of Reckoning

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by manageri
    I don't see any reason to use [harm], it's not like you can accidentally HoR a raid member and blow him up. RD works on enemies as well now so you don't need any fancy shit there either. This should work:

/cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover] Righteous Defense; [@mouseover] Hand of Reckoning
    Reading comprehension is, apparently, a very difficult skill. Who would have known? Your macro would work, but not do what he wants it to do.

/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead,mod:ctrl] [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Righteous Defense; [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] [] Hand of Reckoning

This has the added benefit of just casting Hand of Reckoning on your target if you're not mousing over anything.
    Since the macro will start at the left and keep moving, if you're holding control, it'll just cast Righteous Defense on your mouseover target. If you're not, then if you're over a helpful target, it'll use Righteous Defense on them. Otherwise, if you're over a harmful target, it'll use Hand of Reckoning on them. And if you're not mouseovering anything, it'll just taunt what you're targeting (which is nice if it's just time for you to taunt the boss and you just click on the taunt).

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias

/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead,mod:ctrl] [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Righteous Defense; [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] [] Hand of Reckoning

This has the added benefit of just casting Hand of Reckoning on your target if you're not mousing over anything.
    Since the macro will start at the left and keep moving, if you're holding control, it'll just cast Righteous Defense on your mouseover target. If you're not, then if you're over a helpful target, it'll use Righteous Defense on them. Otherwise, if you're over a harmful target, it'll use Hand of Reckoning on them. And if you're not mouseovering anything, it'll just taunt what you're targeting (which is nice if it's just time for you to taunt the boss and you just click on the taunt).
    This one seems to make sense, however I've tried mousing over a mob targeting a party member while holding control and it didn't work. It did show the Righteous Defense icon (because of #showtooltip) but nothing happened. It doesn't make sense that nothing happens because all of the other parts of the macro work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootofalleli
    I'm pretty sure you need spaces after commas in macros. I'm not sure the "exists" argument does very much here.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, harm, @mouseover] Hand of Reckoning; [nomod, help, @mouseover] Righteous Defense
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover] Righteous Defense
    I didn't know RD worked on enemies... I will have to look into this.
    It does, but not for initial pulls, unfortunately. Also, I have learned from exhaustive research that using RD instead of HoR on a mob attacking the MT will earn you a one way ticket to the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleguitar
    This one seems to make sense, however I've tried mousing over a mob targeting a party member while holding control and it didn't work. It did show the Righteous Defense icon (because of #showtooltip) but nothing happened. It doesn't make sense that nothing happens because all of the other parts of the macro work fine.
    Do you have Ctrl+[the key you want to press] assigned to some other function? If it's showing Righteous Defense, it's working properly - it's just not casting for some reason. Or perhaps, as I think was stated before, you've got it set to your focus-cast or something like that.

To test, just put this in the same slot:

/cast [mod:ctrl] Righteous Fury

To see if you can actually toggle it or not with that, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleguitar
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists,nomod] Hand of Reckoning
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists,nomod] Righteous Defense
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@mouseover,harm] Righteous Defense
    I personally just bound hand of reckoning to a key and bound RD to Shift+same key so when i want to taunt I have to consciously decide to press shift or not whether it's friendly or not. also if my first gets resisted i can use the second just by adding shift and pressing again.

i find that alot easier than trying to f*k around with macro code. all just to have a 1 key iWin Button?

10+ Year Old Account

This is what I'm currently using as 1 button taunt macro.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] [help, nodead] Righteous Defense; [@moseover, harm, nodead] [harm, nodead] &#91;] Hand of Reckoning

Works like a charm.
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!