Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Question regarding IT and ITT

I'm having an argument with another DK in my guild regarding the IT and ITT talents. Do the haste bonuses stack? They seem to be separate buffs on my buff list, so it would seem to me that they DO stack. Also, the weapon speed on my paper doll goes from 1.98s to 1.65s after I use Icy Touch (talented, of course).

Please help me settle this.

If this has been answered somewhere else, I'm sorry for repeating, but I can't find it to save my life. Thanks!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Question regarding IT and ITT

Yes they stack. Not with a Windfurry Totem however.

They stack.

Improved icy talons is our version of the 20% melee haste buff, it's a 100 yard aura that's always on.

Icy talons is an entirely separate personal 20% melee haste buff that lasts for 20 seconds after applying frost fever.

Your guildmates information is out of date, prior to 3.3.3 they didn't stack but that was a good couple of months ago.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

So essentially we get a passive 45% haste from talents? Am I reading this right?

edit: well, not exactly passive, but since FF is almost ALWAYS up on a target, i would say that it's passive.

Quote Originally Posted by killahgrag
    So essentially we get a passive 45% haste from talents? Am I reading this right?
    It's actually more.

It doesn't work as 20 + 20+ 5 = 45.

It's 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.05 = 1.512.

So it's 51.2% haste.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

That's insane. It's what I pretty much knew to be true, but it really seems to be OP. I know that it just puts us in line with the other specs as far as DPS goes, but 51% haste is a crazy amount.

At what haste level does it start to affect GCDs?

um. never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm at ITT taking my IT class atm. Does that count?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pope
    um. never.
    Really? Hmmm... For some reason I thought that once you get enough haste that it began to shorten the GCD. Oh well. Was just curious.

That's insane. It's what I pretty much knew to be true, but it really seems to be OP. I know that it just puts us in line with the other specs as far as DPS goes, but 51% haste is a crazy amount.

Well it's not quite as good as it looks when you put it that way because 20% of that haste is an amount that the entire raid gets. In reality it would be better described as 26% haste for nine talent points, which is about the same as the other melee get only it's for more talent points and less of our damage benefits from it. As for gcds, it's only the 5% haste from improved icy talons that counts for that and only for spells.

Really? Hmmm... For some reason I thought that once you get enough haste that it began to shorten the GCD. Oh well. Was just curious.
    It does for spells (Death Coil, for example) but not abilities (anything melee).