Beta Cataclysm invites

Did the Beta Cataclysm invites started already?
    I received this e-mail, BE CAREFUL though, do NOT click the link, since I didn't try it.
    I just wanted to know if this was a scam or not.

world of warcraft: Cataclysm Beta Test Invitation!

Get those opt-ins ready for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm closed beta! The sundering of Azeroth is nigh, and you don’t want to be left out in the cold of Northrend when you could be enjoying the sun-drenched beaches on the goblin isle of Kezan. To ensure you’re opted-in and eligible as a potential candidate, you’ll need a World of Warcraft license attached to your Battle.net account, have your current system specifications uploaded to the Battle.net Beta Profile Settings page, and have expressed interest through the franchise-specific check boxes.

Get the Installer - Log in to your Battle.net account:

** IMPORTANT ** To avoid graphical bugs and other technical issues, please ensure your video card drivers are up-to-date.

Enjoy the game!

?2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.

Edit: I deleted the link, just in case someone would click it.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Beta Cataclysm invites

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/posting-about-%27blizzard%27-emails-will-get-you-a-ban!/

and no.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I got that same email, immediately deleted it. When Boub says beta begins, then it has begun, and the real spamming begins. Be sure to check the email address and Blizz will never make you put in your account info from a direct link. Also, you can check if you get in by checking your games on Bnet.

another way of checking if this is safe or not is to hover over the link itself and look at the bottem left of your browser (only tested this on firefox) if the link isnt anything you recognize its purely fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    Just to add to that last point, indeed the best way to check is to manually navigate to the battle.net site, login, and check if the beta is present. If it is, gratz, if not, no loss.

NEVER follow links in emails such as this one though.
    ^

When I got a SC2 beta entry email, I went to the B.Net offical site and logged on. I really did have beta.

Point is, B.net > email links.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

if you had gotten a beta invite, it'd been active on battle.net, so if in doubt, check that

Quote Originally Posted by Sãpo
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/posting-about-%27blizzard%27-emails-will-get-you-a-ban!/

and no.
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^