Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Illidan not DEAD

THey could always go with the mysterious missing vial of eternity saving him in his throes of death and one of his demon hunters that lived found his unconscious body clinging to what little life he had left...then nursed him back to health right?

Totally!

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    same was said in WC3, but we saw how that turned out, no?
    He clearly wasnt killed in WC3 even though so many speculations said he was. He was meant to be seen seriously injured at the end of that fight.

I'd like to see him again, but not something like.... a new BT. Because honestly thatd be kinda lame but considering we are getting to a point (with Cata) that blizzard has to create more lore to continue this story, considering WC4 didnt come out before this expansion... So I say anything is possible.

But if we dont see Illidan again I'll be surprised.. But I cant wait to see Kil'Jaeden again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by X59
    While I would like for Illidan to come back, its confirmed that hes dead.

From the Winds of Change: From Dark Horizons to a Beacon of Hope in the World of Warcraft thats in the Wrath of the Lich King Game Manuel.

"The emboldened figures then stormed the gates of the Black Temple and confronted Illidan himself. They waged a fierce and desperate battle and ultimately killed the Betrayer, wresting Outland from his iron grip."
    Perhaps he appeared dead, but wasn't...he is super powerful you know.
    Perhaps the Bard who sings the tale of the battle got the story slightly wrong or made assumptions.
    Perhaps he got resurrected.
    Perhaps the Infinite Dragonflight attempted to save him and finally succeeded in one of their mad schemes.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I would personally love to see Illidan come back, and can almost see it come back and it would almost be interesting in cata with malfuion coming back if we had a quest chain to have malfurion confront Illidan for one final epic showdown.

>.> I really thought the "you can't kill a demon outside of its own plane" was a good idea, but you all ignored it
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Barado Black
    They could always go with the mysterious missing vial of eternity saving him in his throes of death and Kael´thas that lived found his unconscious body clinging to what little life he had left...then nursed him back to health by a kiss on the cheek after drinking from the vial, right?

Totally!
    Fix´d.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai Staggerwind
    >.> I really thought the "you can't kill a demon outside of its own plane" was a good idea, but you all ignored it
    Illidan is neither demon nor night elf... a quote from Miev Shadowsong (Warcraft III)
    Insquequo terminus

Quote Originally Posted by Kinaed
    Illidan is neither demon nor night elf... a quote from Miev Shadowsong (Warcraft III)
    That was hypothetical

they say the same thing about the Lich King not being Arthas nor Nurzul, but we can see that wasnt true
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by AssaultDrone

Perhaps the Infinite Dragonflight attempted to save him and finally succeeded in one of their mad schemes.
    Oh that could make for one helluva cool 1 boss raid.

Maybe, the Bronze Dragonflight decides that Illidan must survive for some reason, but the Infinite Dragonflight is working its magic and helping us get stronger in the past.

So, the Bronze Dragonflight has decided that either they have to kill us, or we have to stop ourselves from killing Illidan.

How about a CoT instance where you help illidan to take over BT? Like the infinite dragons are stopping him from taking control over outland and blah blah blah.. that would be pretty cool. You'll be disguised either as nagas or blood elves

I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the leaked media of undead Onyixa.

Without quoting specific rule-breaking idiots, just because certain characters that will not be named may be coming back from the dead doesn't specify the same for Illidan. Whereas some characters may come back because organizations revive them, Illidan doesn't have anyone that will do that. He pretty much stepped on everyone's toes.

Now, they COULD always caveat that by invoking the fact that he was born with golden eyes, a sign of druidic power. They could always say that he reverted back to the Emerald Dream somehow like Cenarius did and have him as a ghostly quest giver.

But that would really cheapen the character even more, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai Staggerwind
    Outlands is partially within the twisting nether (the Demon's plane)... which is why other demons (Infernals, dreadlords, Eredar, ect) are able to manifest themselves fully on draenor.

To be honest I wouldn't mind Illidan being rezzed and redeemed. He never seemed like a bad guy to me. Ultimately he wanted to kill Sargaras and protect Azeroth from the evils of the Burning Legion that he saw first hand. Yeah he was selfish, but young too. the 10k years of prison prolly didn't help his attitude I would enjoy it if the lore turned him around and brought him back to the night elves; He's way cooler than Malfurion.

Actually. Malfurion is coming back. If that druid can't tos his twin bro a brez, wtf.

Failing that, Azshara might have some use for him.

I thought that you were able to loot the head of illidan when you killed him...?

Considering the sort of closure Maiev was given, I think it's safe to assume Illidan is dead, once and for all.

Death was merely a setback!

i liked illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz
    To be honest I wouldn't mind Illidan being rezzed and redeemed. He never seemed like a bad guy to me. Ultimately he wanted to kill Sargaras and protect Azeroth from the evils of the Burning Legion that he saw first hand. Yeah he was selfish, but young too. the 10k years of prison prolly didn't help his attitude I would enjoy it if the lore turned him around and brought him back to the night elves; He's way cooler than Malfurion.

Actually. Malfurion is coming back. If that druid can't tos his twin bro a brez, wtf.

Failing that, Azshara might have some use for him.
    Well if you noticed there was a trend of selfish characters in WC3..... Arthas... Grom... Illidan.... ya......

And yes.... Guildmaster -"can someone get a brez on Illidan?"
    Malfurion -"yea wheres his body?"
    Illidan -"over by the green flames on the ground"
    Guildmaster -"WTF Ill!?!? how many times did I tell you to move out of the flame?"
    Malfurion -"Way to eat the flames bro... just for that.. no brez do to high amounts of fail in your general area"

Quote Originally Posted by Gooblar
    I thought that you were able to loot the head of illidan when you killed him...?
    lolwut?no. you do not get the head of illidan.

but so many of the confirmed dead raid bosses (ossirian, magtheridon, onyxia, nefarion, etc) you actually get their heads. so honestly i think blizzard leaves room for who evers head that is not given off there body when killed, to come back at some point in time in future lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    Without quoting specific rule-breaking idiots, just because certain characters that will not be named may be coming back from the dead doesn't specify the same for Illidan. Whereas some characters may come back because organizations revive them, Illidan doesn't have anyone that will do that. He pretty much stepped on everyone's toes.

Now, they COULD always caveat that by invoking the fact that he was born with golden eyes, a sign of druidic power. They could always say that he reverted back to the Emerald Dream somehow like Cenarius did and have him as a ghostly quest giver.

But that would really cheapen the character even more, if you ask me.
    And if there is an emerald dream expac in the future, it is most probable that we will see illidan again there. Though that is many years in the future if ever.

Considering Azeroth will be weakened by the Cataclysm there is no better time then that for the Burning Legion to rise again also.... There is so much wiggle room blizzard has left with many of the lore characters that they can take this story in many directions and there are so many 'presumably dead' lore characters that are likely not gone for good that will come back....

Anyone think Kil'Jaeden will be back after Cata?

Oh and btw another character that came back after death -Medivh... many forget that he died in the second war (WC2)... just throwing that one out there since I havent seen him mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

Deleted

he'll be resurrected, brainwashed and used against the burning legion when they return