more than one demo lock in raid

I just started playing demo after looking at some top WoL charts, because destro is quite a bit behind the other 2 specs. anyways is it bad to have more than 1 demo lock in raid? afflic is an option later on, but im not too comfortable with the everlastign corruption thing( applying damage/crit boosters and keeping corruption up)

Re: more than one demo lock in raid

Some issues have been reported when having 2 demo locks in the raid (the demonic pact internal cooldown seemed bugged). So far data on this topic is slim for either side so it's hard to say wether or not its a real problem-- what is a real problem though is that weaker procs can overwrite stronger procs. If you're geared for crit/haste and your spirit isn't very high, while the other demo lock does have a lot of spirit (and similar spellpower before spirit conversion); then you also being demo would reduce the average size of the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    Some issues have been reported when having 2 demo locks in the raid (the demonic pact internal cooldown seemed bugged). So far data on this topic is slim for either side so it's hard to say wether or not its a real problem-- what is a real problem though is that weaker procs can overwrite stronger procs. If you're geared for crit/haste and your spirit isn't very high, while the other demo lock does have a lot of spirit (and similar spellpower before spirit conversion); then you also being demo would reduce the average size of the buff.
    they havn't fix it yet?

<---demo noob. Lets say you have a rDPS geared demo lock and a pDPS geared demo lock. The rDPS spirit lock DP will get overwritten by the pDPS DP when it procs?

10+ Year Old Account

Affliction is better dps, no? Having 2 demo locks only comes in handy if one dies /shrug
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle
    <---demo noob. Lets say you have a rDPS geared demo lock and a pDPS geared demo lock. The rDPS spirit lock DP will get overwritten by the pDPS DP when it procs?
    Yes it will.

Yes it will.
    kinda retarded...thx for the info

15+ Year Old Account

Forte rules!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Affliction is better dps, no? Having 2 demo locks only comes in handy if one dies /shrug
    Depends on fight really. LDW 25 HC + Anub 25 HC are better for demo. Could say PP 25 HC but probably about even, not sure. Saurfang 25 HC I would say is better for demo depending on how you do it...

Imo 2 Demo locks isn't really THAT big of a deal, but it is sort of a waste. The only bonus would be fights with AoE phases, having two Metamorph locks with Immo Aura up spamming SoC = shit dies quick.

It actually *is* bad to have two demo locks in the raid. The one with the lower spellpower will overwrite the demonic pact buff of the one with higher spellpower.

It's not a huge dps loss, but I mean you might as well play a higher dps spec instead of messing with the buff. If you don't really care that much about dps then don't worry about it, but if you're really strained for dps then just stick to one demo lock.

So it's not a big deal to have two, but if you're min/maxing then it's not a good decision.

Demo is not weak on dps anymore, so as long as the other warlock does not provide any crucial buffs/debuffs and both of them want to play demo, go ahead!
    As a side note, having soul link is quite useful when learning new encounters, and if it's not a new encounter, who cares!
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nam
    Demo is not weak on dps anymore, so as long as the other warlock does not provide any crucial buffs/debuffs and both of them want to play demo, go ahead!
    As a side note, having soul link is quite useful when learning new encounters, and if it's not a new encounter, who cares!
    Demo dps isn't that bad anymore, you're right. However, affliction is still more. To top it off, if you have a demo lock actively gearing for rDPS with spirit gear and you come in with haste/crit gear as Demo, you're essentially screwing the rDPS Demo guy over. You're giving him the spirit gear to put up the awesome Demonic Pact, may as well keep it that way.

I would be a lot more concearned about buggy cooldown proccing resulting in notable downtime of demonic pact. Sure having someone proc a demonic pact with 30 less spellpower for the entire raid sucks, but someone putting demonic pact on cooldown right before it's about to expire means ~15 seconds of demonic pact downtime. That hits hard.

Again, how exactly this problem works needs more data at this point, however it should be your main concearn.

Depends on what you guild is aiming at, if your progressing in Hc ICC then you really do want to get the best out of your raid, so i'd suggest you take one demo lock, the one who has the better rDPS gear, and the other goes Affli.

If you end up going affli, then read the guides on here and just practice on dummy's as best you can, try keeping 2 solid rotation up on the dummy's next to each other. Keeping the rolling crit just comes with practice, and you're going to have to do it sooner or later, so why not start now?

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    They're literally tied in almost every situation. And demo locks do more than buff now. They actually do *gasp* GOOD dps! I play mine in our 10m with NO other caster dps just for the numbers i can push out. Helping the healers is just a bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    I will eat an entire plate full of hats if there isn't a new raiding tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

yah, demo is competitive DPS< other than the gay crit rolling of afflic( which i hate), our resident demo lock has ~200 gearscore on me( yeh i know noob gearscore but best way to get an idea on gear lvl), so ill just go destro