Can someone explain to me

Why someone being nostalgic automatically makes their point invalid?

I hate "QQ WOTLK IS TURD" posts as much as the next guy, but the thing that gets on my nerves more is people that flatly deny that the OP has a point simply due to the fact that he likes (for example) vanilla more than another expansion (I never played in vanilla so please don't direct your flames at me).

Bonus question: Is it "the doomhammer" or "doomhammer's hammer"?

Discuss.

Re: Can someone explain to me

"The Doomhammer" would be the better usage. "Doomhammer's hammer" sounds like you're defining something with itself, since we don't really know which came first...the family name, or the weapon (since the Orcs seem like a race that passes down information orally, the family name *could* have been changed recently or generations ago to reflect the importance of the artifact...like an Orc group called the Dragonmaw Clan even though we have no evidence that dragons existed on Draenor before the portal was opened...).

Orcs don't have last names. They take on titles reflecting the great deeds done by them or their ancestors, otherwise using their parents names as a suffix (such as Thrall, Son of Durotan, or Garona, Daughter of *insert orc female name*) or just not having a last name at all. So I'd say Doomhammer's ancestors forged the hammer and thus took up the name 'Doomhammer'

I think it's funny how people talk about vanilla wow and what not.

You have legions of people telling Blizzard and other players that Vanilla was the best, and they want retro servers or that raids should be designed the same way. It's all just nostalgia and if people were forced to raid that same way, or even just decided to go back.

It was not fun.

Mechanics of the fights were barely there, and when they were there were bland. Requirements were also were horribly low in the first main tiers of progression. Since then the entire game, AND community has grown up and said, I don't need strength on my healing wildheart gear. Stop giving me encounters where all I need to do is decurse. My finger is sore from spamming decursive... and I hate mobs immune to half of my spells.

It's much better now. Trust me.

And if you don't think so, you're just nostalgic and irrational.

"QQ WOTLK IS SMELLY TURD PILE"
    rawr?

15+ Year Old Account

If someone truly believes that Vanilla was bteer than the current game, they are of course entitled to their opinion.

What the normal "problem" with Nostalgia is, is that people tend to remember the good thing about Vanilla, and forget the bad stuff, thus gloryfying the game as it was.

I often hear: Wow, 40 man was so more legendary than 25 man. True, to some extent, but do you remember how annoying it was to get 40 man going, get them to listen, tell tactics etc?

It's the same with stuff like getting gold: Someone told me a few weeks ago, that he hated doind daileys to get gold, and that it was much nicer getting gold in Vanilla. Well, i remember getting in Vanilla as somewhat tedious, once you had done all quests. You could farm mobs that had a high droprate of items for the AH, or you could farm stuff which dropped a lot of gold (Tyr's Hand and the birds in Deadwind Pass come to mind). I don't remember that as particularly fun tbh.

Vanilla had some great stuff. But it also had it's flaws.
    <Stasis>, Ravencrest EU

Well, if someone liked Vanilla more than WotLK, that is totally fine (I think they're crazy, but hey) but too often posts like that are purely because of nostalgia. So if someone makes a valid point about something Vanilla did better than WotLK, it shouldn't be dismissed because they miss something from a few years ago. If, however they go on to say that Vanilla was empirically better in every way and WotLK sucks and everyone who likes it is dumb, yeah, that guy should be shut down (and mocked).

The past is gone, the future is a dream : enjoy your present.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.

i distinctly remember a voice actor somewhere, probably warcraft three say "FOR DOOMHAMMER!"

may or may not answer ur question but i think we agree doomhammer's hammer sounds funny
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

My Hammer
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Quote Originally Posted by luke_lol
    Why someone being nostalgic automatically makes their point invalid?

I hate "QQ WOTLK IS TURD" posts as much as the next guy, but the thing that gets on my nerves more is people that flatly deny that the OP has a point simply due to the fact that he likes (for example) vanilla more than another expansion (I never played in vanilla so please don't direct your flames at me).
    Because, "that" OP doesn't say "I like Vanilla", but says "Vanilla was THE BEST, WotLK SUCKS, wher's the REAL raiding!?!?!?!!?!?"