Stromwind is creepy!

So I was in Stormwind and I got bored, then I noticed this really creepy clipping bug. I was standing on the stairs to the AH when this thing happened.
    Take a look at the screenshots I edited with my mad photoshop skillz. The really odd thing is, you can zoom in and out of both minimaps individually.

So what's happenin' in stormwind these days... tell me!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Stromwind is creepy!

Woah neat. A whole Horde raid group could run to that spot and become invisible and the Alliance wouldn't be the wiser. =P
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

15+ Year Old Account

Welcome to Bizzaro Stormwind

But really, someone who's since quit showed me this a while ago, and it's pretty neat. I didn't notice the minimap though.

And ever since then, I have a lot of trouble finding just the right spot again

During the LK beta, that's how the SW minimap looked like. Later they only used that map for when you enter the harbor.

I'm guess this bug puts you "beneath" SW and the minimap changes accordingly.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Can potentially be exploited. I was fully able to attack the rats around there both in melee and ranged while hiding in this spot. Any horde able to find it quickly enough could stand there all day attacking PvP-enabled alliance who would have no idea what was happening.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by snaek
    Can potentially be exploited. I was fully able to attack the rats around there both in melee and ranged while hiding in this spot. Any horde able to find it quickly enough could stand there all day attacking PvP-enabled alliance who would have no idea what was happening.
    You're still healable in the spot (if I remember correctly), so I'm sure you're attackable.

It wouldn't be too hard to find the thing attacking you, but it would be amusing for the initial shock factor.

This thread is making me want to go to horrible horrible Stormwind and try to find it again

I've found similar spots in Orgrimmar and Silvermoon. Silvermoon one is near the lvl80etc crowd and the orgrimmar one is at the pvp vendors.

You really are invisible to others, just tried with a friend. You can also cast and stuff, would be interesting if you could be attacked there. Nameplates are also invisible if someone's standing there.