The Final Frontier

Who else is pumped for this album? Can't wait to see what Maiden comes up with this time.

Deleted

Re: The Final Frontier

I actually can't fucking wait! I hope they play one or two songs from it at Sonisphere, just so we can get a taste.

But doesn't the title hint that this is going to be their last studio album? Apologies if they have already stated that it will be their last, but I haven't heard anything.

Maiden is getting better each day.... i think this album will be a kick ass, lets hope its not their last ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by Baroc
    I actually can't fucking wait! I hope they play one or two songs from it at Sonisphere, just so we can get a taste.

But doesn't the title hint that this is going to be their last studio album? Apologies if they have already stated that it will be their last, but I haven't heard anything.
    Steve Harris has said he had hoped they would do 15 albums, which this one is. Yeah, the name is kind of foreboding, but hopefully we'll see 1 or 2 more.

Nicko (the drummer) has a lot of writing credit on this album, so hopefully he can fill in for lack of song material from the other member, it there is.

All in all though, this album has to be good, I've been waiting 4 years for some new Maiden!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofmirrors
    Steve Harris has said he had hoped they would do 15 albums, which this one is. Yeah, the name is kind of foreboding, but hopefully we'll see 1 or 2 more.
    Steve Harris did say that. About a gazillion years ago. The latest news we've heard from the band in terms of when they choose to retire is basically "we'll make albums whenever it feels right".

Also, to be honest, The Final Frontier just sounds like a Maiden album, you know. I don't think it means anything unlikely of that sort.

However, let's face it: Nicko MacBrain is turning 56 this year. There are only so old you can get whilst doing drums for Maiden without just having to stop. I imagine they'll retire of old age rather than a set number of albums or the likes.

15+ Year Old Account

I can't wait for the album, dusted off my dad's vinyl of The Number of the Beast oh sweet heaven =]

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Steve Harris did say that. About a gazillion years ago. The latest news we've heard from the band in terms of when they choose to retire is basically "we'll make albums whenever it feels right".

Also, to be honest, The Final Frontier just sounds like a Maiden album, you know. I don't think it means anything unlikely of that sort.

However, let's face it: Nicko MacBrain is turning 56 this year. There are only so old you can get whilst doing drums for Maiden without just having to stop. I imagine they'll retire of old age rather than a set number of albums or the likes.
    We can only hope they'll retire from age, and only age.